z

Young Writers Society

G'day

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:59 am
poetical_freedom says...

Hello all,
I am new here having just joined. My name is Elise (or Aine, pronounced awn-ya if you would like...this is the name my family call me) and I have just graduated from high school and am 17 years old. I live in Sydney, Australia but I grew up in County Tipperary, Ireland in the towns of Bansha and Tipperary.

Writing is what I am passionate about. I believe with every ounce of my being that written words can change the world. I love to write and have so for as long as I can recall. I believe I started journaling daily at about 6 and it has continued since then. I write poetry, narratives, scripts, feature articles and opinion pieces and I recently completed my third novel. I plan on pursuing a career in journalism and it is my goal to one day have a novel published. My dream is to win a Pulitzer.

Besides writing my other interests are politics, social justice, HIV/AIDS, debating, public speaking, music (especially playing my piano, guitar and violin) and conserving the environment. I am an active protester, a vegetarian (but don't be fooled, I am not a left wing fanatic, although I do hold a lot of left wing sentiments I do also have some right wing views) and one day I want to live in New York.

Well I hope this has given you a brief introduction into who I am and I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

-Elise

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:47 am
Cassandra says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! It sounds like you'll fit right in here. :D

PM me if you have any questions or need anything!

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:57 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Elise,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm the same as you in some respects -- I hold both left-wing and right-wing sentiments across a number of matters.

And you've completed three novels? That's awesome. Hope to see some of your work posted around here soon.

Cheers,

Jack.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:28 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Hey!

I'm a veggie too -- maybe we could share recipes?

Jack already said it, but it really is cool that you've finished three novels already. I sort of have one from NaNo but I'm not sure it's really good enough to be called a novel. ;)

What sort of genre do you usually read/write?

Feel free to PM me if you get lost.

Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:32 am
sokool15 says...

Hi, Elise!
I feel kind of funny, welcoming a new person, myself being new and all, but...well, like calls to like! Nothing wrong with the blind leading the blind, now, is there?
I've finished one novel, a fantasy one...but I'm not trying to publish it or anything. I'm a musician too; I play violin!
Well (I'm just saying this so I'll fit in with what everybody else says), PM me if you have any questions, and I'll tell you the bogus answers. Then you can PM somebody else and see which answer you like better. (example: "Will I win a million dollars by posting a story on this site?" my answer: "Of course! That's what this site is for!!" other, honest answer: "Of course not...don't be stupid!" Be honest, you liked my answer better, didn't you?)
Yours in insanity...
sokool 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:38 am
Via says...

Hello Elise!

Welcome to YWS! I also write poetry and fiction, so I look forward to seeing your work around the site!

PM me if you have any questions or need a crit [especially concerning poetry :wink: ]

Take Care,
aMego
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:16 pm
poetical_freedom says...

-KayJuran- wrote:Hey!

I'm a veggie too -- maybe we could share recipes?

Jack already said it, but it really is cool that you've finished three novels already. I sort of have one from NaNo but I'm not sure it's really good enough to be called a novel. ;)

What sort of genre do you usually read/write?

Feel free to PM me if you get lost.

Kay

My novels are complete but I am way too scared to let anyone read them yet! I have written one post-modern and the other two are fiction, but I don't know how to classify it.
We should totally swap veggie recipes!
Thanks for the welcome!

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:48 pm
Pushca says...

*shakes head at vegetarians*

well, g'day to you too, mate.

sorry. had to do it.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:48 pm
Mr. Everyone says...

Hey Aine, although I refer meat, nice to meet you. I hope you fit in here, im kinda a newbie too lol. We'll congradulations on ....hmm...... well grats to being alive i guess

keep writing and =) happy reading (=
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

We always talk about the "doers" and "dreamers" but I'd like to give a big shoutout to the "tryers".
— Hannah Hart