z

Young Writers Society

what ho!

Reviews: 0
Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:24 am
evie.noir says...

hello there.
i'm evie!
~i live in cheshire, in england (but not in the posh part, unfortunately).
~i'm 18
~i am a poet by trade. well, hobby. well...i wish it was my trade, by trade i'm actually a waitress...erm...yes...ANYWAY.
~i think, breathe, live, write, talk poetry! it's not always very good, usually stream-of-consciousness or satirical or just plain weird, but i've finally decided to take some action and go at it with determination, and get some constructive criticism and hopefully help some other people out too along the way! *takes a deep breath*
~my interests (read: obsessions) vary enormously, in music, film, televsion, literature etc.
~i'm very friendly and love talking to new people, so pm if you'd like to talk on msn! =]

well...tinkerty tonk! i'm off to peruse the forums and see what goes on in this place!

=]

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:31 am
Myth says...

Welcome Evie!

I'm Myth and I write fiction, I don't go anywhere near poetry. PM me if you have any questions. :wink:
.: ₪ :.

'...'

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:18 pm
Saga says...

Welcome!

I'm Saga, and I write poetry, fiction, and sometimes a short story or something.
I'm a tiny bit mad and act really crazy at times!
Like a wind I wander
Into a darkened yonder
Like a wind I cry
My own undoing I deny

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:36 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Evie! I'm from Stockport, which is historically part of Cheshire, so I live right near you ... where exactly do you live?

I'm also one month older than you ... is this one of those moments where we work out we went to the same school or something?

Anyway! My name's Jack. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, e-mail me, add me on MSN.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:20 pm
Shafter says...

Greetings, Evie!
My name's Shafter, I write fantasy novels. I'm NOT a poet, but I do occasionally edit my brother's poetry, so I am (technically) capable of editing your writing... ;)
England! Cool! I want to go to England...
Welcome to the site, and be sure to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat. See ya around the site!
Cheers!
~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:07 pm
Trident says...

Hi there!

I'm trident. I'm not big on poetry, but I sometimes get around to reading it. I don't know much about it, so unfortunately I can't give you any constructive criticism. If you ever write something in the fiction section, I'll be sure ti look at it. ;)

Have a good stay!
Perception is everything.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:23 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Hello, darling! Oh, I love saying hello to Brits, I live in the boring old U.S.A. and don't see many--hello!!!!!!!!
:-) And welcome. I dabble in poetry myself, but my main love is fantasy fiction. Love to read some of your stuff sometime. Welcome, welcome, welcome! *huggles*
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:51 pm
Cassandra says...

Hey there, and welcome to YWS! PM me if you have any questions, and though I don't write or crit poetry, it's always nice to see a new face around the site. :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

These were autumn mornings, the time of year when kings of old went forth to conquest; and I, never stirring from my little corner in Calcutta, would let my mind wander over the whole world.
— Rabindranath Tagore, The Cabuliwallah