z

Young Writers Society

My Witty, Witty Title.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:39 pm
Fantasy of You says...

Okay. Nothing of much interest is floating in my head right now, so I'll go for the standard hello.

Hello :D

I've been writing for sometime now, though, and in quite a focussed way. I broke my leg, so I had nothing better to do for quite a while. Enough about me, cue the welcomes, por favor.
Last edited by Fantasy of You on Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:39 pm
Cassandra says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! What kind of stuff do you like to write (poetry, prose, etc.)? PM me if you have any questions whatsoever. :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:04 pm
Saga says...

hey, I'm new too, and I've been writing since I was in the fourth grade, but I've never really found an idea that i've ever finished. . . but now that I do have a great idea I'll probably work on that. . . welcome~
Like a wind I wander
Into a darkened yonder
Like a wind I cry
My own undoing I deny

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:23 pm
Trident says...

Hello. Hope your stay here helps improve your writing. We try to make it accommodating as possible.
Perception is everything.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:24 pm
niteowl says...

Hello. I'm Niteowl, the Gift-Giving Robot that has been fixed just in time for the holidays! *cheesy announcer voice* HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :cry: :oops: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :cry: :oops: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:27 pm
Meshugenah says...

heehee, you mean "queue"? I mean, my inner editor is silent, really, it is.

Hi! I'm Mesh, one 'o the mods 'round these parts. Welcome to YWS, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or one of the mods.

And yes, what do you write? Pretend to write? Mean to write? And dare I ask how you broke your leg? (nothing involving a drum, I hope. Long story, really, and rather painful, too)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Areida says...

I was curious about the broken leg too. Did it hurt really badly? I've never broken a bone. XD

I'm Areida, by the way, but most call me Ari. If you need anything please don't hesitate to PM me. See you around the site!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

19 Reviews

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:59 pm
Fantasy of You says...

Thanks for the welcome, lol. It feels odd having them aimed at me. Usually I'm giving them out.

The moment I need help, I'll come speeding to your doors in search of it, lol.

Yea, the broken leg kind of sucked. Third time, too. It was a boy meets rugby, gets good, targetted and crippled kind of story, lol. Eventhough the games are too serious, it happens a lot. And sucks. *sigh*

-Fantasy
'It aint the size, love,' she says. 'It's how you use it. That's the important thing, methinks.'

Of course, she was talking about vocabulary...

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:58 pm
theluckyflower says...

Hey . . . it seems I'm a bit late for the welcome party . . .

Yeah, well, I hope you enjoy your stay at YWS. PM me if you have any questions, or if you just need someone to chat with.

***__THELUCKYFLOWER__***

PS. Your wittiness slays me.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:26 pm
luna_the_shiekah says...

Welcome! Very cool that you play rugby by the way. And to break your led thrice? My, your leg is cursed isn't it? Just teasing.

Your signature cracks me up.

Hope you enjoy your stay here at YWS! If you get bored, feel free to PM me!

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:39 am
Incandescence says...

Hi Fantasy of You--

Now, had you been writing, you wouldn't have fallen in that ditch and broken your leg. Or whatever it is that happened. =]

Welcome to the YWS. You'll find a broad spectrum of writers here--ranging from the infantile to the matured, and everything in-between. Whatever suits your fancy, I'm sure we've got it. If not--you can start it.

Take care,
Brad
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:45 am
Firestarter says...

Hey Fantasy Of You!

Welcome to the site.

I've never broken one of my precious bones, so I can't share your pain.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:07 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome! And hopefully your leg is better now. :o

19 Reviews

Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:08 am
Fantasy of You says...

[b] Welcome to the YWS. You'll find a broad spectrum of writers here--ranging from the infantile to the matured, and everything in-between. Whatever suits your fancy, I'm sure we've got it. If not--you can start it. [/b

I'm already here, man, no need to sell the site to me, right?

Thanks for the welcomes again. Methinks me will say.
'It aint the size, love,' she says. 'It's how you use it. That's the important thing, methinks.'

Of course, she was talking about vocabulary...

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:57 pm
Fand says...

Eh, Fantasy, don't mind Brad (that's Incandescence)... he's something of an institution around these parts. Get used to seeing him around. ;)

And welcome to the forums! My sympathies over the broken leg... those suck. *shudders*
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

It’s not unorthodox, I thought it was beautiful.
— Jimi Hendrix