z

Young Writers Society

Me - green_river

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:02 am
Revere says...

Hello, young writers.

Everyone here knows me as green_river, but my real name is Eric, and I'm from Ontario, Canada.

I follow the beliefs of Taoism, and I'm a vegetarian. I like to meditate in my free time, and I also obviously enjoy writing. My favourite singers are Bjork and Tagaq, and my favourite writer is Toni Morrison.

I go to an arts school, so we do all the normal boring subjects, but we also have daily arts classes (Dance, Drama, Art, and Vocal and Instrumental music). The arts programs here are a lot more in depth than at other schools. Recently we performed Danny Grossman's "Endangered Species", one of his most famous modern dances. Here is a link to a video of it - http://www.artsalive.ca/en/dan/mediathe ... ediaID=452. (That isn't us performing). We're also doing King Lear in January, and we get to write and perform our own original play in May.

So, nice to meet you all, see you around!
"[Maybe] If they don't light it, it can never go out."
^Mary, from Heat

>Previously known as green_river<

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:14 am
Fand says...

We SERIOUSLY need to start a vegetarians club here or something... there are so many of us! :D That school of yours sounds pretty awesome, too! We didn't have anything like that where I grew up... :/ Of course, I made up for it by enrolling in a college where people spontaneously burst into song on the way to class.

I kid you not.

Oh, and it's great. :D
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:37 am
Myth says...

Hello!

Another vegetarian? Welcome!

I like to meditate to get my mind off things and have 'happy thoughts'. :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:42 pm
Revere says...

Fand wrote:We SERIOUSLY need to start a vegetarians club here or something... there are so many of us! :D That school of yours sounds pretty awesome, too! We didn't have anything like that where I grew up... :/ Of course, I made up for it by enrolling in a college where people spontaneously burst into song on the way to class.

I kid you not.

Oh, and it's great. :D

I agree with the vegetarian club idea - it could be a usergroup, perhaps. We could share recipes, chat and stuff like that.

We burst into song a lot too. Usually it's during class, though. :D
"[Maybe] If they don't light it, it can never go out."
^Mary, from Heat

>Previously known as green_river<

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:23 pm
Krystalstars says...

BTW, love your siggy!
God made us Best friends because he knew our moms couldn't handle us as sisters.....

Reviews: 3
Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:00 pm
saoirse says...

Taoism is the most beautiful religion(or, philosophy, way of life, etc) in the world, in my opinion, but I don't know enough about it to actually follow it. I did buy a translated version of the Tao te Ching though.
sweetheart
sick body part
sickheart
sweet body part

Courage, my soul! Now learn to wield the weight of thine immortal shield...
— Andrew Marvell