z

Young Writers Society

Yes, I am an over-analytical writer. Aren't we all?

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:12 pm
Via says...

Hi! Just...introducing myself as an author...

My name is one of familiarity and overuse that is mispelled by nearly everyone the first time...but most people just call me Meg. I am eighteen years old, a freshman in college, and double majoring in English and Education. I come from a large, complicated family and I am one of 6 kids. My family means more to me than anything, and I would do anything for them. My life is Gilmore Girls in real life, except for the absence of rich grandparents [PM me, and I'll explain this too you if you like haha].

Although I have never been published, I love writing. I was a 'late-bloomer' in the writing field, you might say. For, until my Junior year in high school I had planned to be a nurse...because that is what I thought I was supposed to do. However, my highschool English teachers made me realize what I really liked to do--so here I am! I write poetry and fiction for the most part. I tend to write poetry only when I am in a 'poetic mood', anything worth reading anyway...and that is probably my biggest flaw. I am much better at critiquing others work then I am at writing my own haha.

I recognize my need for improvement in my writing, and I would really appreciate honest feedback on it. Trust me, you won't hurt my feelings. I respect an honest opinion and I give mine [so please don't be offended :wink: ] And if anyone wants to work with me as like....a mentor/mentee thing, I'm up for that!

Anyway, thought I would add my info here while I had a little time! PM me if you like, even if you would just like a critique!

Tata!
Meg
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:36 pm
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

One of six? I suppose it's rather uncommon these days--but I am as well. ^_^

You're not the oldest by any chance?

Anyhow, welcome (again) to the site. If you ever need critiques, most people are kind enough to respond to PMs. Myself included.

I am much better at critiquing others work then I am at writing my own haha.

Oy, it's often easier to point out other's mistakes than form your own story or poem. ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:02 pm
Via says...

haha nope, actually I am the youngest.

What's it like being at the top?!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:09 pm
Poor Imp says...

write me wrote:haha nope, actually I am the youngest.

What's it like being at the top?!

Oh, I don't really know--nothing to compare it to. ^_^'' But all things were tested on me, so to speak--parents learning how to work things out.

Then off I go. What's it like to have so many siblings to look up to?
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:55 pm
Trident says...

Whoa, weird. I am one of six as well, but I'm in the MIDDLE. Two brothers and three sisters. I was of course the unimportant one as a middle child. First and last, geez you guys are the spoiled ones. ;)
Perception is everything.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:29 am
Myth says...

Hey Meg!

I also prefer to critique these days or maybe I'm too lazy to post my own work.

I have a big family too. I'm the middle child and unfortunate because everyone bugs me, including my parents. Kid siblings are the worst though... XD
.: ₪ :.

'...'

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:42 pm
Shafter says...

Hi, Meg!
Yeah, I've seen your comments around the site. Ooh, a hard critic! *furiously waves hand in the air* Crit me! Crit me! ;)
Well, I'm the odd one out. I only have three siblings, and I'm the second-to-youngest. But Sage is from a family of six, and I know her. Does that count? ;)
Have fun at college, and PM me if you ever want to chat!
Cheers! ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

Reviews: 4
Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:06 am
View Likes
Half-Note-James says...

I like how you've introduced yourself in an original manner. So you're majoring in Education... what level of students do you want to teach?
I Want To Hear Your Song...

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:27 pm
Sage says...

Wow. Education? You've got more guts than I do...
Anyway, hullo! I'm Sage (obviously), oldest of six, and I also like critiquing much more than posting my own stuff;) By 'your biggest flaw', do you mean that you only write when you're in a certain mood? Or is that just for poetry? I'm only just now learning to write without being in 'that mood', the fault for which rests squarely on Gyrfalcon and my English Composition teacher.
Anyway, nice to meet you! Now I will go and have a look at your stuff...*rubs palms together gleefully*
True friends stab you in the FRONT. (Oscar Wilde)

Reviews: 0
Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:45 am
Alicia K. Hudson says...

I am the middle child of three. Just thought I'd put that in.
"Oh," *raises hand and waves it in the air* "pick me, I love to critique and do critique exchanges, too!"
I suppose that makes me an "early-bloomer". Though, I am tall for my age, oh well, that's the way my family is. Oops, I was rambling again, sorry.

"The rules of capitalization are so unfair to the words in the middle of a sentence."
— John Green, Paper Towns