z

Young Writers Society

Hey!

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:36 am
VallaMarie says...

Hello there! I'm Courtney. I just like the name Valla, hence my username.

I have been writing on and off for about 5 or 6 years. I started around the age of 12 or 13 and I am now 18 years old. I admit, I have a problem with critiquing my own creation. Because of my critiquing habits, it is rare for me to share and finish my work. I have decided to turn to a place I feel is most comfortable for me to reveal my stories, and to give and get advice. I feel I can handle constructive criticism. As long as it's constructive and not just criticism.

With that being said, I look forward to reading new works and working with you all. :D

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:08 am
Tuesday says...

Welcome to YWS! Hope you like it here!
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:13 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

Hey there, welcome to the site!

It's funny, I think we're having the same problems -- I had a distinct problem with not accepting criticism of my works at all when I was 12-14 (which led to a lot of poetry of questionable quality on my old deviantArt account xD), but now that I'm 19, I'm going "but criticism! I need it from people who aren't me! I hate this too much!"

One of the things I've found has helped is finding people who actually enjoy your writing and making something of a makeshift support system out of it, haha. It's kept me writing, knowing that I have friends who would devour every failed first chapter and let me know if I'm just hating it too much. (Funny thing is, I met them all on here.)

Welcome, again, and I hope you settle in nicely!
stay off the faerie paths

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:28 pm
PickledChrissy says...

Welcome to YWS! :D
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:45 pm
Harker says...

Welcome to YWS!
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:54 pm
Halfbloodcheetah says...

HI! :D Welcome to the site, Courtney!!!!
Someone needs to make Captain Cold a fursona.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:21 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS, Courtney!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey