z

Young Writers Society

Bonjour!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:20 pm
View Likes
Lumos says...

Hi everybody! I'm Lumos and contrary to the title, I sadly do not speak French. I thought I would introduce myself as I'm pretty excited to be here!

I haven't written something for fun since high school. I'll admit, I'm pretty rusty at it. I'm also an accounting major, so most of my classes revolved around business and, well, accounting. Being a full time student and part time worker has really limited my free time, so I pretty much stopped writing.

But I'm determined to change that! So here I am, ready to soak up all the knowledge I can.

A few more things about me: I'm obsessed with Harry Potter, if you hadn't already guessed that by my username. I also love baking, reading, horseback riding (although I just sold my horse due to the burden of college), sewing, knitting, and anything to do with the outdoors.

Thanks for reading my little speech! :D

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:11 pm
Masquerade says...

Hey welcome to YWS! I love your username! I'm obsessed with Harry Potter as well, though that's not where my username came from.

I hope you like it here, and can start writing for fun again! You'll find that YWS is a great community for writers, and you'll get great feedback here. We're all about helping each other improve.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me or one of the moderators (the cool people with green usernames).
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:37 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Welcome to the site! :)
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:05 pm
deleted5 says...

Hey there welcome to YWS! :D
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:11 am
Lumos says...

Thanks everybody! :)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:55 pm
Iggy says...

Ahh! Lumos! I should've stolen it when I had the chance. ;) I am also a big Potterhead. Woot!

Welcome to YWS! My name is Iggy. It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope you enjoy it here. :D

Here are the rules of YWS, so be sure to read those! This is the forums page, where you can find The Lounge, the Welcome Mat, the Writers Corner, etc. Have a look around, as each forum may have subforums inside. Here is the Storybook section, and this is a FAQ, which should answer any questions about Storybooks, or what you do to make one, etc. Another useful FAQ is this.

Also, you may notice that some of the users around here have differently-colored usernames. Anyone you see in this color, this color, or this color, that means that they're a moderator! The top boss, the guy in black, that's Nate, so you can also go to him if you need help! You may also see this color and this color around the site! Those are members of the site who originally served on the mod squad but are now retired! You can find a whole list of the mods, past and present, here. PM any of us if you need help! :D

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

I think Amelia Earhart wants you to get some ice cream.
— SilverNight