z

Young Writers Society

Hi Everyone!

Reviews: 4
Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:56 pm
_Anti_ says...

Hey, my name's Antonia but I prefer 'Anti' or even 'Toni'. I'm 14 and live in England. I'd like to be an author when I'm older but I know I'm not good enough yet!

Hope that's enough for everyone! :D

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:01 pm
Dream Deep says...

Welcome Anti! Greetings and salutations and so on and so forth... ^_^ Nice to have you here.

Now I'm gonna quick slip this in before Gazza comes back and yells at me for intruding on his Greeter patch *wink*: if ya need anything, have any questions or would like someone to take a look at your work, feel free to give me a holler and I'd be more than glad to assist.

Hope you get a lot out of being here, and please don't hesitate to ask anyone and everyone for help: we're generally nice [s]insane[/s] here. :wink:

Nice to meet you, Anti.

~Dream Deep

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:53 pm
David Guinness says...

Well, we're really insanely nice. :D

Welcome to the YWS, Anti! Hope you enjoy your stay.

I look forward to reading some of your work. Please feel free to PM me if you need any help or want a direct critique.
David Guinness

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Sureal says...

Oh, you're English too? Well, let me greet you in real English.

Yo yo yo homie, yo!

(wait, that's not real English...)
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:45 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome! Please enjoy your hopefully long stay. :)

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:36 pm
Areida says...

Hi! I'm Areida, but you can call me Ari if you want. :D I'm one of the mod squad (normal people usually call us moderators, but hey, that's their problem :P), so if you need anything, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to help you out.

Quite a few of us here want to be professional writers, but few of us are good enough (I'm definitely not one of them). But being on this site is a pretty good start if you ask me. There are a lot of very talented and helpful people around here willing to do all they can to help you out.

Hope to see you around!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:41 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Hey, Anti! I live in England too! :)

Let me just repeat what others have said.. if you ever need help, advice or just want some of your work looked at, feel free to ask. Hey, even if you just want a chat, I'll probably be free.

So you want to be an author.. do you have anything on the go at the moment? Hopefully, we'll be seeing some of your work on the forums. What do you write - poetry or prose?

See you 'round,

--Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:11 pm
Fand says...

The British are coming! The British are coming!

*ducks and covers*

...Just kidding. :) Welcome to YWS! You've gotten plenty of offers of help, so I'll just say - if you ever feel the need for something really, really random... PM me. I am the self-proclaimed Queen of the Arbitrary.

Nice, eh?

I even get a crown and scepter. *grins*

See you around the forums!
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:27 pm
Gazza_14 says...

[quote="Dream Deep"]Welcome Anti! Greetings and salutations and so on and so forth... ^_^ Nice to have you here.

Now I'm gonna quick slip this in before Gazza comes back and yells at me for intruding on his Greeter patch *wink*: if ya need anything, have any questions or would like someone to take a look at your work, feel free to give me a holler and I'd be more than glad to assist.

Hope you get a lot out of being here, and please don't hesitate to ask anyone and everyone for help: we're generally nice [s]insane[/s] here. :wink:

Nice to meet you, Anti.

~Dream Deep[/quote]

Curse you Dream Deep! *mutters*
No, welcome to YWS. And ye, more British people. PM me or any of the other greeters *glances ar DD* if you want any help. See you around the boards.
Stop. Look. Jive!

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:53 pm
Dream Deep says...

*sneaks out of the Welcome thread*

Hehe, sorry.. ^_^

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:26 pm
View Likes
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome honey to YWS. If you have any questions or comments or really anything to say please feel free to PM me. :D

Cheerios, CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:59 am
Myth says...

Hiya Toni!

I'm Myth! Welcome to the site. There are a lot of members around to give advise on writing so don't worry about not being 'perfect'. :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:05 pm
Wiggy says...

Hey Anti!

So glad you're here!!!!!! *huggles* Everyone will halp you improve here on your writing-heck, that's what the site's for!!!! :D I'm sure you'll become one of the best! ^_^ What do you mostly write?

I'm Wiggy btw, otherwise known as WG, writingluver, WL, Mary, but most of all Wiggy (which is what I like the best! :D)

Again, I really hope you like it here and if you have any questions or just want to talk, just pm me! Have a fantastico day! :D

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:54 am
niteowl says...

Hi Anti! I'm Niteowl, been busy the past couple days doing homework and removing wallpaper so I couldn't get on and gift people. But I'm on now, so here it is: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Reviews: 4
Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:49 pm
_Anti_ says...

Thanks for your replies, everyone! :D

Also, I don't have a specific genre to write in. I prefer history, mythology and teen/children books, but haven't really written completed novels of the sort...yet! I've written a few poems and some essays, and a single short story. :?

Thanks again for your encouragement!

I continue to be a reverse hipster, I only do things after they've ceased being cool
— BluesClues