z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

Reviews: 2
Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:34 pm
HunterofFox says...

Good grammar is great! It is also hard to read colored font. Either way, hello. I can't wait to get started!! I love pretty much anything I read and I try to be open minded. I adore fiction --all types-- but I'm not to much of a big fan of poetry. However, power to those who do write poetry, it truly is a hard thing to do. So thank you and happy writing!

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:11 am
marcosatc says...

Hello everyone, my name is Mark, I'm from Argentina. For this reason, if I disappointed my English, I hope you can understand and correct me. I write a bit of everything, poems, novels, newspaper articles, among other writings. I'm starting to read works from other places because I trust that culture should give their best to globalize knowledge. I am not a critic, I only read, learn, but I like to criticize me because I am convinced it is a good way to grow. So I hope enjoy this community. :wink:

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:09 am
BrokenWingz says...

Hi[: I'm kind of shy and nervous to be on this website but I love writing :D I have troubles with my too and to. I'm sorry about that :oops:
Love Is Louder Than The Pressure To Be Perfect
<3

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:43 pm
SubjectBlue says...

Hello Marc and Broken Wingz, SubjectBlue at your service.
You need help, be it publishing a novel, sending a PM, saving the world from the hordes of the dead or tying your shoe-laces, I'm your guy, just PM me and I'll do my best to assist you.
Welcome to YWS I hope you're having fun!
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:35 pm
MonoTheElderish says...

Hello! I joined recently and figured I'd pop in here and tell a bit about myself. I'm a sci-fi writer of sorts, but i'll give anything a shot if I think I can do it justice. Can't wait to read and be read!
Eve Online Nerd. Poke for Babble.

83 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:37 pm
View Likes
SubjectBlue says...

Hi, You shouldn't do things justice, you should kick their ass!
kidding, I'm looking forward for your sci fi and more, hope you'll have as much fun as me around here.
you need aid, give me a PM, and I'll do my best.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

For Free!
topic86079.html

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:18 pm
GraceMatthews says...

Uh, hi again. Grace here. I do have a question. I remember reading something about a character counter for posts? I've done a couple of reviews and can't seem to find where this is. I've gotten points for all of the reviews, so I'm not worried about that. I'm just a bit confused. Thank you!

83 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:23 pm
View Likes
SubjectBlue says...

It's about counting how many points you deserve for your review, also if it's beneath a certain amount, it's considered as a short and isn't calculated for all those review statistics for the leaderboards

For Free!
topic86079.html

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:27 pm
GraceMatthews says...

Oh okay. Thank you!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:48 pm
Rydia says...

Grace - the character counter doesn't show up now actually! We were having a few problems with it so we decided to remove it. Sorry about the confusion!

And welcome to Grace and everyone else. I hope you're all settling in nicely but if any of you need help or would like a review, feel free to contact me! I'm always happy to help :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Reviews: 1
Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:13 am
carrie93 says...

So I just joined five or so minutes ago and I'm lost already.. =/

83 Reviews

Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:50 am
SubjectBlue says...

Congrats for joining, why are you lost?
PM me your problem, and I'll try and help, also, because I'm on vacation and might not see it, try 'kitty 15' I'm sure she'll love to help.

Welcome to the YWS.
SubjectBlue.

For Free!
topic86079.html

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:09 am
JabberHut says...

Don't worry, Carrie! It takes some time getting used to it. I know I was confused when I first joined, so don't be afraid to ask questions if you're stuck. =D

You can submit any work of yours to the forum by clicking "Submit" at the top. You can also browse the forums under "Discover Works." The Community forum is where you can go to hang out and talk about writing or just about whatever. It's the hangout place! :D

There are also the Storybooks, which are like role-playing games. You write stories with a bunch of other members. Feel free to check it out and join whatever you want! There are a few good ones out there right now!
I make my own policies.

Reviews: 2
Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:47 pm
Oxymoron007 says...

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to thank you all for this concept. My sister joined YWS a few months ago, and I can see how she's growing into a talented writer, and frankly, I can't let her get all the glory xD
So here I am, hoping to develop my dormant creative skills.

Hope I do well :'D
Thanks once again!

-Oxymoron007
In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate - Isaac Asimov.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:32 pm
Starlight9 says...

Hey Oxymoron007, nice meeting you here on YWS. :smt006
Can you tell us what you can you write? like novels/short-stories/poetry.
Do you have any other talents; such as drawing, lyrics writing...etc? (If you need any of your work to be reviewed, I can say I am better at reviewing art and short-stories than the others, I am terrible at reviewing poetry, though :smt101 )
★L9

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin