z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members!

Reviews: 2
Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:27 pm
The Whisper says...

Hey I'm Whisper! I am new here but this seems like a wonderful place I hope I will use much :D

*waves to Mad Moo and Prospekt*
"Live as you were to die tomorrow, learn as you were to live forever" -Ghandi

Random avatar

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:01 pm
T-bird says...

Hi, I'm T-bird.
I'm looking forward to start posting here, and to read others work.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:41 am
Moo says...

Hi T-bird! *waves*
Hello Whisper! :P
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:11 pm
baa baa black sheep says...

the pat of wisdom is coming....................

soon

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:15 pm
Moo says...

Err, hello black sheep. *secretly knows who you really are*

I'm not sure I want a pat of wisdom :lol:
“Poetry is old, ancient, goes back far. It is among the oldest of living things. So old it is that no man knows how and why the first poems came.”

--Carl Sandburg

Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:50 pm
baa baa black sheep says...

moo is in love with..........................

mr BK!lol

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya T-Bird and baa baa black sheep!

Check out the rules in the Help and Support tab in top right of the header and nobody will bite
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:05 pm
dark_angel says...

Hi everyone! I'm new too. I'm Dark Angel... you can call me that, I guess. Or maybe Angel for short. Whatever, I don't care. ^^ I'm 15 and I'm mostly into writing novels but I've had a sudden, random interest in becoming a playwright, lol. I got onto this site through my friend, but I don't know what you people call her on here... so I guess I'll shut up until I find her. >.<

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:10 pm
Stori says...

You're welcome. I'm Stori, but you can call me "Kite." Everyone does around here. Anyway, have a great time here!

Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:17 pm
Penelope says...

Hey everybody!

I'm new here too, and don't worry, my real name isn't Penelope. But I wish it was!

Not only am I new here, but I'm also new to writing. At the school that I go to, the academics are vigorous and if you have straight A's, your considered a god. I never really thought myself as a writer, but I never knew I had such a wild imagination!
I was first recognized when I wrote a short story in my English class for a homework assignment, and we had to write a ghost story for Halloween. I wrote a simple story, and I didn't give that much thought into it. But the response I got was astronomical. My friends read it and begged me to write a book on it, and my teacher (without telling me) sent it in a contest and my story won!

Well, after that author experience I thought I was finished with writing, but boy was I wrong! All the sudden, stories were playing through my head and I began to fall in love with people who didn't even exist! I lost plenty of sleep writing down great story ideas and pondering on about my characters.

As you can tell, I'm going nuts. So I figured here was the place to let my stories bloom! But the problem is, I'm kinda shy about sharing my thoughts, it's like invading my journal.

Much love!

Penelope <3

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:28 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to the weird and wonderful world of YWS!

Check out the
rules and you'll be fine.

Congratulations on winning the story competition!

Hah! Sleepless nights are part of the job. Check out the thread You Know You're a Writer When.... in Writing Activites to see what I'm talking about.

You get over your fear of posting stuff rather quickly. I did, at least. Your work might get ripped to shreds, but it's all in the name of making you a better writer. Just remember to review to pieces before you post anything of your own.

If you need anything, PM me or post in my guestbook.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:12 am
Demeter says...

Welcome Moo, Pro, Angel, Sheep, Penelope, T-bird and The Whisper!

Hope you all enjoy your time. Yay, Christmas!!! :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:21 am
beemarie425 says...

Hey I'm BeeMarie and I'm a new member! I'm so excited about this website, it's everything I've been looking for, and then some! I'm excited to read all your posts, and even more excited to hear your reviews of my material! Thank you in advance!

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:30 am
Alainna says...

Hey there BeeMarie and a big welcome to YWS! It's nice to see such an excited new member.

If you need anything then just drop me a line and I'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:24 am
Meander says...

Hi, I'm Meander but you can call me Loz if you want, it's shorter :D
I'm 18 and I have been writing a series of short stories with my friends. I was looking for different ways of saying said because I couldn't remember the word I wanted to use, when I stumbled across this site. It has been most helpful so far, prompting me to register.
Well, just thought I'd introduce myself, hope everyone has a great Christmas or whatever holiday everyone chooses to celebrate, I'm not fussy!
-Meander

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)