z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:54 pm
View Likes
shadowbox says...

Shadow Box, here, happy to sort of find an american version of the SFF Chronicles, as much as I love them, and all they have done for me, sometimes I felt as if I was the youngest blood there.

What wonders will the young writers society bring me?
You can't spell Friend without Feind, my friend.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:57 pm
Blink says...

American version? What's that?

Anyhow, welcome to the site! Wonders? Well, YWS will bring you all the joys of becoming a better writer, and a community where you can participate happily :) Trust me, you'll like it here.

So, what type of stuff you into, Shadowbox?
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:30 pm
Demeter says...

YWS is full of wonders, shadowbox. Just wait 'til it shall reveal them all to you. ;)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:47 am
xx_Love_Syd_xx says...

Hello there, everyone...

I'm new here...and just kind of wanted to say hi, but not in the usual "I'M A NEW MEMBER!!!" way.

So there you go, Syd has fallen in through your forum ceiling. ;D

878 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:54 am
Demeter says...

Welcome, Syd!

I'm sure you'll come to love this place. If you have any questions, just PM me! :D

Demeter xxx

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:06 pm
moon jumper says...

Hi new members! I'm moon jumper, but just call me jumper - it's shorter. I'll probably find you and PM you personally, but if I don't - you can always PM me! My inbox is always open!

Welcome to YWS!

If you need any help I'll be a PM away!

~jumper :smt026
Writing once a day keeps the voices away, and I've created a blog all about it: Daily Dose.
...and I'm now trying to create a user group based on the idea! Tell me if you're interested!

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:05 am
CreepDan says...

Hey, I'm Dan. Just wanted to say hi before I start reading.

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:21 am
Mars says...

Welcome Dan (and all other new members)!
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:03 am
SplinterdVisions says...

HELLLLLLO!!! What's going on everyone? I'm Andrew, but, due to its commonality which is proven by the fact that its nestled itself in near the top of the list for "Popular Baby Names," (aka "Entirely Too Common Names") being in the top 10 since i was born in '87 with the exception of '95, which it was 11th :), we will go with Sobe (like the drink).
Well, now that I've shared that wonderful piece of information with you and proven to myself that I have way too much time on my hands, I'll be going. Take care!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:01 pm
Demeter says...

Welcome, Dan and Andrew!

Nice to have you aboard!

Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:40 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi, I'm Emily though I will go by Vyper or WV here. That might get confusing because there might be other people who are referred to in that manner. I'm 13, I love writing poetry and short fiction, and I like snakes, dragons, and wolves.

I say that this is a very nice community here and so far, I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I've started writing quite a long time ago but I haven't had the courage to show anything up till about a year ago. Well, my expectations are very high here and I know that this will live up the them. Call it gut instinct.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:00 pm
Demeter says...

Welcome, WV!

I'm so glad you like YWS already :)

Good luck with posting your work!

Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:53 pm
WaterVyper says...

Thanks, Demeter. This definitely lived up to my expectations, and surpassed them. Everyone here is so helpful and nice, and I hope that all the other new members will enjoy their stay too.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:33 pm
View Likes
mnesomeye says...

Hi - I'm Mnesomeye, and I never ever do About Me boxes or speeches because I like people to form their own opinions of me through conversation.

I'm nice though. *laughs*
~ Mnes x

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:54 am
Ethan- says...

Hi everybody,
I'm Ethan and I don't have a clue to what I'm suppose to say here but,
I'm glad nonetheless that I made the right decision to follow a curious looking white rabbit all the way here because you see, I think that I've found...Wonderland (I'm not lost...am I?)
Do cats eat bats?
Do cats eat bats...Do bats eat cats?

"Who am I? I'm just a writer. I write things down. I walk through your dreams and invent the future."
— Richard Siken