z

Young Writers Society

Hello there! I am new.

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:45 pm
scd250 says...

Hey there! My name is Scd and I was referred over here by someone over at NaNoWriMo. Just thought I'd introduce myself. My primary genre is fantasy and I have a book I have been working on for the last two and a half years or so. I love to RP. As a matter of fact, if this site has a forum for it I'd love it if someone pointed me in that direction. Nice to meet all of you! :)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:56 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey there! I'm Vivacious, but feel free to call me Viv, Vivz, Vivi, Viva, or any of the sort.

At YWS, we have something called groups. Head on up to the little “Groups” Icon at the top of the page. Click it and search for a group with the interest that you have. If you find one, join it! If not, at the top of the page there’s a link to a forum where you can create a group. Have fun! Here's the link for roleplaying that you asked for. It's righthere!

We do have some rules here...
:arrow:The 2:1 ratio! You have to post two reviews before you post something of your own. People are more likely to review your work if you review their's.

:arrow: Keep curse words where they belong, in Literature. And if you do put them in your writing, rate it R.

:arrow: Prty Plz dnt tlk lik dis. Is vry anoyin. Ocassional brbs, or lols are okay, but don’t overuse them. We are a writing society, you shouldn't be too lazy to type a little word.

:arrow: NO CAPS! WE HATE CAPS!!! WE HATE THEM!!! Even if you HATE something so badly, please do not use caps.

:arrow: Try not to use many smilies. I know, it’s tempting with all the cool ones out there, but please limit them.

I'll let other amazing people from YWS tell you the rest.

Feel free to PM me for any questions or if you'd like me to review some work of yours!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:28 am
Carlito says...

Hey scd, welcome to YWS! :D

I think you're going to fit in really well here. There are a lot of crazy NaNoers here and even some that are going to do a JulNoWriMo, so you can jump on that if your ready :)
You mentioned that forum and where to find it.
-Click on "Writing" at the very top of the page. (Paper and Pen icon)
-So you'll see the poetry, fiction and then miscellaneous areas. In the miscellaneous area you will find the NaNo page. :)

Have you completed a NaNo? If so, how many? What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? Who's your favorite author? What's your favorite kind of soup? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:39 am
scd250 says...

Thanks :) I completed NaNo the year before last and have been revising (see:cheating) thereafter every Novembr. Unfortunately this year I did not finish due to senior year stuff. As far as writing, I am a fantasy writer. My current WIP has to do with teenagers growing wings :). I have a lot of 'favorite' authors, but lately I've been into Amelia Atwater-Rhodes due to the Hawksong series. My favorite type of soup is chicken ramen, and I'd study orcas because they are cute. Thanks so much for the welcome!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:50 am
Clo says...

Hey SCD! Welcome to YWS!

We have a very active Storybooks forum here, which is basically RPing. I think someone's already given you a link, so go enjoy that! There's always new ones being made, and ones that go on for quite a while!

And Hawksong, zomg! I love that book! I never read past Snakecharm though, unfortunately. I also really love this other book by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, "Shattered Mirror". It's got two brothers, and it's vampires, and I remember liking it a lot when I was younger. ^^

I hope to see you around! PM me if you ever have any questions or problems.

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:34 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS.

I like Amelia Atwater-Rhodes too. I love her vampire book more than her shapeshifter book though.

Pm me if you need anything.

NM
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

And on the pedestal these words appear:/'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;/Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'/Nothing beside remains.
— Percy Bysshe Shelley