z

Young Writers Society

heya xx

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:50 pm
SivartNagem=P says...

heya everyone i only joined yesterday and am off school whith a migraine... =( poor me.. so ienjoy writing but im not good at it so if anyone would like to comment my work and tell me whatthey think i will be eternally grateful xxxx
Megan Travis = SivartNagem=P
Meggymoo42@hotmail.co.uk
xxx

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:23 pm
Carlito says...

Hey SivartNagem, welcome to YWS! :D

Oh, I'm sorry about your migraine, that's sad. :'( You're still in school?! When do you get out?

So if you haven't already, I would recommend reading the Rules because it gives a lot of good info on the site. There are two big things to keep in mind,
1. 2:1 ratio -> For everything you submit for review, we ask that you review at least two other things first.
2. No Chat speak -> We want to keep this site as sophisticated as possible so try not to talk lIkE tHiS :) Try to use proper grammar and spelling and what not too. (If you're not sure if everything is spelled correctly and you want to check, above the reply window there is a button that says Check Spelling).

Now the really hard questions...
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? What's your favorite kind of soup? If you were a shoe, what kind of shoe would you be and why? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything (Reviews? Click on 'reviews' in my signature) feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:40 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome!

^_^ You've come to the right place. This community if filled with very friendly and welcoming people who will be more than willing to help you improve your writing. Just remember that the more critical they are, the more they're trying to help. :wink:

Just remember to do at least two critiques for every piece you put up. Not just because it's a rule, it also helps you make friends and get people to critique your work in return. :)

If you're looking to find some people you share interests with, I strongly recommend you check out the Groups (located in the header at the top at the screen). We have many and they'll all be happy to have new (and active!) members.

I hope you like it here as much as I do. Feel free to PM me with any questions or if you need a friend. *hands a coupon for one free review*

^_^ Keek
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:44 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello and Welcome, Megan (yeah I figured your username was your name spelled backwards. Smart, eh? But you should not disclose your last name to the world wide web. Not a good idea)

So what brought you here, Megan? How'd you find us? I'm very glad that you did, though. You'll improve your writing loads, as well as have lots of fun. Drop by in the chat sometime, and have a chat with other members.

Be sure to have look at the help and support section if anything troubles ye, or you could always pop me a PM, and I'd be more than happy to help you.

Have a look around, post, review, and write.
See you around!

-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:55 pm
View Likes
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS!

Well, other Greeters have already covered rules, so I'll go over some other things.

First off.

Notice the different colored names? Well, those people are called Mentors. They've been chosen to do specific tasks around the site to help make it better! For example; us blues are Greeters, purples are Instructors, reds are Administrators, oranges are Distinguished Members, and dark/light greens are Junior/Moderators!

So, what exactly do these people do? Well, Greeters greet (duh :wink:), Instructors help with reviews and writing tips, Administrators update the site and add new features, Distinguished Members are retired YWSers, and Mods help keep the forums clean and clear and under control.
Second.

Have you checked out the Knowledge Base? It's this cool little library that can tell you anything about YWS or writing!

Or what about the Will Review for Food thread? Basically, that's a forum where you can request a review from any of the members who have a post open. You can check mine out in my signature where it says Reviews for Change.

So anyways, I can't wait to see some of your work, and I hoope to see you around the site!

Ta ta!

- Frag

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:23 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS. If you ever need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya around

NM
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman