z

Young Writers Society

Hello! =3

Reviews: 4
Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:32 pm
LightOfTheDawn says...

Hi there!
I'm Isobel- Issie or Belle for short, from London. I joined just a few short hours ago on the fateful day Friday, 5th June(wait... Was it the 5th?:roll:), bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. And I have to say, I already love it here =3 I've been looking for a site like this for... *counts fingers... And toes* WELL, let's just say a long time. It's a brilliant idea to bring aspiring writers together in one place, and sites like Fanfiction don't hold a candle to the awesomeness of this place!
I have a load of story plans in a 'story bank' I kind of have, tucked neatly away under a loose floorboard under my bed... I've finally fully typed up one of these stories and unleashed it into the big scary world of YWS!! :lol: Heh... I would be so appreciative to anyone who can take a glance at it :D FREE COOKIES AND ALL!! It's called 'Seashells'
Anyway, I can rattle on for HOURS, but if you want to know any other little details about moi, there are a few on my profile =)
I hope I can talk to and become freinds with some of you :)
Talk to y'all soooooooon!
xoxo
* Catch a Falling Star
* Put It in Your Pocket
* Never Let It Fade Away...
~~ SAVEITFORARAINYDAY...~~

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:50 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there Issie! What a pretty name! I like your username and display picture, too!
My name is Avery, and welcome to YWS!

There are a couple of rules here. Even though you've been familiar with the site for a while, here's a little refresher:

:arrow: 2:1 Ratio - For every piece of work you post, critique two other pieces of work.

:arrow: No CAPS or chat speak. Tlking liek dis iz nt kool. It's actually quite annoying. You seem to be okay though! :)

:arrow: The rest of the rules can be found here.

Also, we have what we call 'Mentors' on this site. Dark greens and light greens are Moderators and Junior Mods, who take care of our forums and watch out for spam/inappropriate posts. Reds are Administrators, who are people like Nate who run the site. Purples are Instructors, and they love to help you with writing. Yellows are the veterans of YWS, or top-posters who don't have a lot of time for YWS anymore. And last but not least are turquoise Greeters, like me!

We have a ton of resources here at YWS. We have a Knowledge Base full of tips, and a bunch of other things under "Resources" at the top of your screen.

Well, I guess I'll leave the rest to another Greeter. If you need anything -- a friend, a review, or some help -- feel free to hit the 'PM Me' button at the bottom of this to send me a message!

Have fun and keep writing!

fragile_heart(!)
xxx

Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:20 pm
LightOfTheDawn says...

Hi Avery!! Thankyou for such a warm welcome!
You really like my name?! D'awwww, shucks! *hugs* (I'm kind of big on the public displays of affection- hope I don't creep you out about it!) I love the name Avery, too! It's beautiful and unique- the best combination!

~ The 2:1 ratio is a great idea- I've done four reviews so far, so I feel a little bit better about releasing my first story unto the world. Thankyou for reminding me!

~u MeAn TaLkIn LyK DiS?! I joke, I joke =D- I think textchat is a bad degradation of the English language, and a highly idiotic thing to use on a *writing site* where good articulation is encouraged... I promise to lay off the 'lols', capitals and smilies too (even though some of them are just classic).

~Thanks for the information about the mentors and the YWS Knowledge base! It's nice to know who'll look after you and where you can brush up on your writing skills!

~And finally, saving the best until last- I thank you again fo looking out for me =3 it would be really nice to have someone as kind, endearing and supportive as you as a friend, so I'll give you a PM soon, if that's OK with you!!

See you soon, Avery. You rock!
xoxo
* Catch a Falling Star
* Put It in Your Pocket

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:46 am
Flower~Child says...

Hmmmm hi love your name both of them haha hope you have fun here.
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:20 am
Carlito says...

Hi Issie, welcome to YWS! :D

I already like you, you make me smile :D You're so enthusiastic, I love it.

Fragile_heart already covered the main things....
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you like? If you could be any kind of shoe, what kind of shoe would you be and why? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why? :)

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:26 am
LightOfTheDawn says...

Awwww, thanks Flower~Child! I gotta say, your name i more than a bit fantastic- it's super-fantastic! I'm having a great time so far, and I know it'll just keep getting better =D I'll talk to you soon!
Issie
xoxo
* Catch a Falling Star
* Put It in Your Pocket

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:52 am
LightOfTheDawn says...

Hi Carly!! Thankyou for welcoming me into the community!
Yay! You like the enthusiasm! *hug* Well, I'm full of beans and fizz (almost too much sometimes) so it's great to have someone so kind to compliment on it =3
I am absolutely loving the questions, Carly! Right, let's see...

~Books/writing style- Well, I'll read almost anything. Seriously. Does it show that I have a lot of time on my hands? :D I tend to vere towards action/adventure and fantasy nowadays, just because those genres really transport me to new, exciting worlds. As for writing, I'm a mixed bag. I do mostly dramatic fiction, but I drabble in other genres- I'm going to submit my first attempt at modern poetry today and I also have one suspense and one fantasy series in the planning at the moment =)

~Whoa, must've bored you to death with that last paragraph! I'll try and keep it nice and snappy from now on. Yet again, I listen to everything and anything- I'm not so keen on the really, reeeaally heavy goth metal- type of music, but eveything else I'll embrace. I'm a puzzle indeed, no?

~Good question! I <3 shoes, so I know exactly what I'd be- a Jimmy Choo stilleto (sp?)- original, fun and hard to find in your normal shop =)

~ Marine Biologist- I'm liking it :D Hmm... I'd either study tropical fish (John Dorian and Clown fish etc... Just because Finding Nemo got me hooked! XD) or sharks (after all, who would've thought such a block-headed creature could be so daunting?)

Haha, answering those cheered me up =) Thanks again, Carly- I'll remember to PM you soon! Keep on rocking! =D

Issie
xoxo
* Catch a Falling Star
* Put It in Your Pocket

Reviews: 1
Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:09 pm
KittyConkers says...

Hey fellow newbie!

Can I just say I now want a loose floorboard under my bed so much. Though I suppose it would be quite tricky to lift up the carpet every time I wanted to get to it. :lol:

I'd tell you that you're welcome to PM me if you need any help, but as I've only just joined myself, I wouldn't be very useful. You're welcome to talk to me if you're looking for a friend though.

I hope you have fun here!
Talk to you later
Erin
X

"I think; therefore, I am."
— RenĂ© Descartes