Young Writers Society

Hello, folks.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:48 am
x_kayla says...

Hello, everyone.
My name is Kayla Jo.
I'm seventeen, and I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing.
Anyway, I love to write. I've read some of the writing that I saw on the main page, and it's mind blowing.
I write fan fiction, fantasy, and short stories.
Quite a bit of what I write isn't exactly fan fiction, it's mostly taking bits & pieces of ideas and adding my own to create a story.
I'm a member of this Dream Street website from years ago (WUWDS), that's not really a Dream Street website anymore, it's mostly a we've-been-here-for-seventy-three-years-and-we-all-know-each-other website, as well as a fan fiction site. Many of the girls on that site are amazing writers, but most people tend to not want to offend the writers, so the reviews aren't that helpful.

Which is why I'm gracing the boards with my presence.

:)

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:13 am
Tassen Spellbinder says...

Welcome.
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. - George Orwell, 1984

Where in the world is Enoch Root?

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:02 am
Shine says...

Hi Kayla Jo.
Welcome to the site! :D

Eager to see your work.

Enjoy! :wink:

~Ani~
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:28 pm
Shafter says...

Hi Kayla! :D

Heehee, very few people are afraid of offending writers here. Just take a look at one of the Incan Shark's reviews! :)
Have fun on the site, and PM me if you have a question or want to chat or something, won't you?

Cheers! ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:36 pm
EstelPax says...

Hello Kayla.
I'm Alanna the sires resident Star Wars geek or nut.I've written mostly poetry but can do a bit of Fan Fic.
Check my stuff out.
-Alanna or Lanna
Hope for Peace

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:38 pm
misspriss says...

Hullo there, I'm just...a human being...who likes...to--uh--write! :-)

And Shafter is right, it's hard to offend people on this site (though not impossible, I assure you! :wink: ), I hope you enjoy it and get as hooked as I am!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:25 pm
Areida says...

Hey Kayla, welcome to YWS! I'm seventeen too, but I wish I was still sixteen. Seventeen is a weird-sounding age, but maybe that's just me. :P I'm Areida, by the way, but you can call me Ari. Or 'Reida. Or Da. Pretty much whatever you want. But nothing like Hey You Smelly Face! because that is just not good for my self esteem. ;)

I got started with Harry Potter fanfiction, but luckily for me and those who read my horrendous fanfic, those efforts were abandoned after a few months and new projects begun. But hey, gotta start somewhere, right?

Anyway, if you need anything feel free to PM me. See you around the boards! :mrgreen:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:37 pm
Emerson says...

Welcome, welcome!

I'll be excited to see some of your short stories around so I can review them! You'll find that a lot of people don't critique with padding in mind, but we're generally a nice bunch. generally ;-)

If you need anything, have questions or want a review, go right ahead and PM me. Or if you want to work on a story idea? I love working on ideas with people. Just drop me a message and I'll get to you when I can!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:18 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome to YWS. :D

Feel free to PM me, or any of us for that matter, if you have any questions.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:55 am
x_kayla says...

Thanks, y'all.
I posted one of my short stories and found out about the lack of padding. I liked it though, it actually...HELPS.

:)
"Think of my head on your chest and my old faded blue jeans, when you think Tim McGraw, I hope you think of me."

-Taylor Swift [[Tim McGraw]]

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:42 am
Swires says...

Hi there Kayla, we have a new edition to Fantasy writers, excellent. Im a hard core fantasy writer :)

If you need any help dont hesitate to PM me with a question or problem.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:26 pm
niteowl says...

Hello and welcome to the site. As you've discovered, the reviewers here are definitely more concerned about being helpful than about not offending anyone. But I probably won't review your stories, as I'm more concerned with poetry and gift-giving. Speaking of which, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
— Euripides