z

Young Writers Society

A shot of Arrogance (Chapter Five)

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:35 pm
Sins says...

A Shot of Arrogance ~ Chapter Five

The official page thingy for A Shot of Arrogance. Join and you get a monkey. :smt001

I gently rested my head on Richard’s shoulder. Last night had gone perfectly. I’d completely forgotten about the little hiccup before we went out. Richard had been charming all night and, even better, Oliver seemed to have finally realised when to shut up. I felt as though I was really getting close to Richard now. I wanted today to last forever; I didn’t want to go home this afternoon.
I opened my eyes and lifted my head off Richard’s shoulder. Looking up at him, he smiled at me as I smiled back. I couldn’t help but let a small giggle escape from my mouth. Without taking the grin off his face, Richard took hold of my hand as I shuffled closer to him on the sofa.
“Jesus Christ...” Oliver’s annoying voice moaned, interrupting our moment. “Can we go now? You can carry on with your perfect, little corny world outside.”
I turned to him and glared. We were in Topshop at the moment, sitting on the sofas outside the changing rooms. We weren’t waiting for anyone, we were just having a sit down for ten minutes.
I remained glaring at Oliver who was sat on the small chair opposite Richard and I. Unsurprisingly, Oliver was dressed like some kind of tramp. I was really going to have to mention a staff uniform to my father. After Oliver had finished speaking,I heard Richard mutter something rather rude under his breath before standing up.
“Look, kid,” he said sternly, “we go when Victoria and I say so. You have a serious attitude problem and you have to be the most irritating person I have ever met. You need to know when to shut your stupid mouth because half of the time, I can't even understand what you're saying.” He lowered his tone into a hushed whisper as he bent down slightly so that his face was right in front of Oliver's. “You act like a five year old and you have the intelligence of one too.”
Turning away from Oliver, Richard grabbed my hand and I stood up. He gave Oliver one last glare before turning around and stomping towards the entrance of the shop.
There was an uncomfortable silence as we walked down the high street; it wasn’t hard to tell that Richard wasn’t in the best of moods. What he'd said to Oliver had surprised me. Admittedly, I agreed with most of the things that he said, but it was rather rude to say those things out loud, especially to Oliver himself. I may have often done so myself, but Oliver was my employee. Richard, on the other hand, had nothing to do with him. I wasn't sure if that really gave him the right to boss Oliver around.
As we continued trudging along the pavement, I wondered if I’d done something to upset him. Maybe he was still angry with me after last night? I shook the thought out of my head and noticed a familiar black car at the end of the street. Taking my phone out of my pocket, I noticed that it was already three o’ clock.
We were due home by six and, to be honest, I wasn’t in the mood for going home. Nearing the car, I could hear Oliver dragging his feet behind Richard and I, holding the bags of clothes that I had bought. I hadn’t bought much; only a few dresses and shoes really.
“Richard?” I turned to him nervously, “are you okay? It’s just that you seem a bit upset today. If it’s about last night, I’m really sorry. I didn’t think it would upset you so much.”
“No, it’s fine.” He replied rather blankly. “Don’t worry about it.”
Richard’s answer didn’t convince me the slightest. He didn’t seem very sure of his answer and he didn’t even look at me when he was speaking. I sighed heavily as we reached the car.
On the way back to the hotel, Richard didn’t say a word to me. His eyes were constantly fixated onto the screen of his mobile phone. Oliver didn’t say anything either. He just did exactly what he did on the way to Reading; stared outside the window. I couldn’t believe it, but for the first time ever, I actually wanted him to speak. The silence in the car was causing my palms to sweat and causing me to bite my lip ever few minutes.

It was half past six when we arrived back in London. My two days in Reading had flown past without me even realising. Richard still hadn’t said anything to me since leaving the hotel. I was in my room now, sitting on my bed as I watched Oliver unpack my clothes. He was supposed to have been the one packing them for the trip, not Ella. Considering he’d turned up late, she had to do it.
As I fiddled with my hair, there was an awkward silence in the room. It was exactly the same as the silence in the car on the way home; horrible. I let my eyes wonder anywhere except for Oliver’s face. I was staring at my floral curtains for so long, it felt as though my eyes were beginning to spin around.
Oliver had been unpacking my stuff for fifteen minutes or so when I noticed someone standing in the doorway. Looking up, my eyes widened. Richard was standing there, just like he had been the morning we left for Reading. Except, this time, he wasn’t smiling. It was like deja vu, but everything was turned on its head.
“I’m going now,” he said simply.
“Look, I’m really sorry for whatever I did. Please don’t be angry with me.” The words left my mouth before I even realised that I’d said them. “I’m sorry...”
Staring at Richard, I waited for him to start shouting at me, telling me that sorry wasn’t good enough. When he sighed and grew a faint smile on his face, I became utterly confused, but slightly hopeful.
Richard sauntered towards me, his hands in his black trouser pockets. I couldn’t help but notice Oliver watching him in the corner of his eyes, like he often did. That boy had a serious issue with staring.
“It’s okay, Victoria.” Richard smiled, sitting down on the bed next to me. “I forgive you, okay?”
I was so glad to hear the words coming out of his mouth. I thought that I’d destroyed any chances that I had of being with him. Maybe I hadn't messed up that badly, after all.
“Thank you so much! I promise I won’t let it happen again.” I didn’t try to hide the happiness in my voice. “I really am sorry, Richard.”
It was like the scene before we went out for dinner in Reading all over again. Richard leant into me as our lips touched. It was even better than last time though. As we kissed, I felt his warm hand run through my long, brown hair. I'd always been told that you shouldn't smile while you kissed someone, but I couldn't help myself. It was perfect.
Pulling away from him, he winked at me before turning around.
“See you soon, yeah?” He said before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.
I nodded back at him, even though he’d left the room five seconds ago. The feeling of the gentle kiss had left me speechless. I lifted my fingers onto my lips. They felt like they were buzzing; it was amazing.
“Told you.” Oliver suddenly laughed beside me.
I spun around quickly to notice him standing on the other side of me, making some kind of tower out of the mints on my bedside cabinet. Seriously. How old was he?
My mouth dropped open as I processed what he’d just said. What did he mean, told me? Still laughing, he jumped onto the bed beside me.
“What?” I muttered rudely.
“I told you that Richard was a prick.” He shrugged, taking one of the mints off of the little tower he made. “Did you listen? Nope.” He winked at me.
What was he on about? Richard wasn’t a prick. He had a bit of a temper, but everyone had their flaws though and some had more than others. Oliver was a pretty good example of that.
“How is he a prick? The only prick here is you! He was just upset because of what I did, that’s all.”
Oliver was making me angry now. Narrowing my eyes at him, I stood up. Crossing my arms, I kept my eyes on him as he lay on my bed.
What you did?” Oliver began laughing again. “Seriously? What have you actually done? The most offensive thing that you’ve done is ask him what the time is. He’s some kind of paranoid freak, Tori. That ain’t hard to notice.”
That boy really needed to know when to shut up. Of course I had done something. Why would Richard have been angry with me, otherwise? I wasn’t sure exactly what it was, but I’d done something. I think...
I gritted my teeth as I thought carefully. What had I done...? Sure, I’d almost gone out dressed inappropriately. That was ages ago though. Richard couldn’t have still been angry with me because of that, surely? Besides, I did change in the end.
What was I doing? No, Richard was a really great man. I couldn’t believe that I was questioning someone like him because of what Oliver was saying. Why should I have been listening to him?
“It’s seven o’ clock, I think you should leave.” I spat, offended by what he’d said. “Next time you have something to say about Richard, don’t. Bye.”
Forcing himself not to laugh, Oliver jumped up and grabbed another mint from my bedside cabinet. Winking at me, he tapped me on the shoulder as he passed.
“I’m just warning you, that’s all.” There was a hint of seriousness in his voice as he opened the door, leaving the room.
I groaned as I dropped myself back onto my bed. Why did I feel so rubbish all of a sudden? I’d made up with Richard and he seemed to be okay with me. What was the problem? I turned around in my bed to see a small, plastic object in front of my eyes. Sitting up, I grabbed the black object and held it up in front of my face.
It didn’t take me long to realise what it was. Oliver had stupidly left his mobile phone on my bed. Great. The edges of the phone were worn and the number six button was gone completely. I highly doubted that it was new. Hang on... how was I supposed to ring him and let him know when to come over tomorrow? I didn't have his house number and I had no other way of contacting him besides calling his mobile phone. What was I supposed to do now?
Last edited by Sins on Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:06 pm
VivielTwixt says...

Nice job, Skins. I like that you added a conflict with between Tori and Mr.Perfect. I also liked how you found a way to bring up the mystery of Oliver's fainting in this chapter, therefore keeping the mystery fresh. There wasn't much of Oliver, but that makes sense considering what's going on. I don't have many suggestions because everything in your story is moving along well and exactly as they should. I'm ready to keep reading to see what happens next and how everything turns out. My only real problem with this chapter (and it's not really much of a problem) is where it ends. I think it ended too quickly and at an uneventful spot. I guess because this is YWS, you didn't want it to go on too long, but if I was reading it as a book, I wouldn't like the chapter ending there. Anyway, that's still a minor problem. Good work so far.
If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Want to change the world, there's nothing to it
-Wonka

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:45 pm
MiaParamore says...

Hey Skins. Sorry it took me so much time. But as I told you, I had been selfish yesterday. I started writing my novel yesterday, instead of doing your reviews.

I more or less ran into the pure white building and I could hear Richard laughing behind me, his hands in his pockets as he jogged up the steps that lead to the main entrance.
I know ti's not like the steps won't lead us to the main entrance once the story is finished, but shouldn't it be 'led' here instead of 'lead'. That's how I have seen writers use.

Ella laughed at Oliver’s reaction as he began staring at the photography that hung on the dark coloured walls.
It should be 'photographs' or 'work of photography'.

Well, I didn't find much errors here and this piece was definitely better than the earlier posts, and I must say that your writing has improved drastically in these past months. And I want to also add that I have grown fond of your writing, and I look forward of reading something from you. '

I have just one thing to say here.
Richard was still sat at the dressing table when I scurried into the bathroom and grabbed a wet wipe.
This part is really annoying. When you use 'sat', it seems like someone has made him sit or put Richard into a chair. :lol: You should be using 'sitting' here, and besides that also you used 'was' so you shouldn't be using 'sat'(a past tense) again. I think you understood this now. I have noticed this a lot of times.

Otherwise, your grammar is smooth, your vocabulary is amazing. My only critique like Jas said in the last chapter's review is that things are very predictable here. I know that Richard is not what he seems like, and also that Oliver is a true guy, but with some rude mannerism. I understand there is no scope as such of making this less predictable, but my other comment would be that this sure has been written brilliantly and is fun to read, but is something that I have read or watched in movies millions of times. So, yeah, this won't make the most original story, but your writing skills can save it. :)

Is anything from Can You See Me coming anytime soon, huh?

Keep Writing,
Shubhi
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:18 am
Jas says...

Hey,

Now that I've read how Richard is acting and how Tori takes it, I'm not liking it that much. I think that Tori should have stood up to Richard and said something like, 'I like what I'm wearing and you aren't my father' or something like that. I don't like how she's turning into another little yes sir girls. She was so bold and posh and fierce in the begining and now she's breaking because some rich guy called her a slut. Psh, I would call him a slut! :) Everything was great till that part.

~Jas
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:54 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Heya Skinsy! So, I really loved this chapter. Perhaps that's because I love clothes, and there were a lot of clothes in it. But I thought it was very interesting. You really edited this well, and I can't find any nitpicks. Here's what I though overall.

-This was a very good character development chapter. We learned a bit more about Victoria and Ella, like how Ella can't lie and how Tori wears too much makeup. This helped give me a mental picture of Tori as well. This was a very good chapter for Richard. He actually developed a bit of personality- he's usually funny and nice, but has a weird, mysterious side. Why would he tell Tori she looked like a slut, and only kiss her when she wore a different dress? Very interesting. I'm going to disagree with jasmine- her breaking because she was called a slut shows a different side of her. Underneath, she's actually self-conscious. thought that that was fine.

-My problems with it were that Hilton hotels tend to... not be nice. They're just chain hotels. Plain, small, not great. Maybe is you stayed in the penthouse it' be nice, but a general room would be very plain. And also, how did Richard get into her room? Hotel doors lock themselves from the outside when closed, and I doubt that Tori would leave it open while she got changed. And where did Ella go during this scene? She and Tori share the room.

I think that's all for now. Very good job on this chapter. Keep writing!

-Dreamy
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

1087 Reviews

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:03 pm
Sins says...

Thank you for the reviews, my home skillin' biscuits. 8)

@Shubhi - Remember Shubhi, the unexpected could happen easily in this story. ;) Seriously though, I know what you mean. So far, this does seem like the most predictable story ever. As long as everything goes according to plan, this story shouldn't be too cliché. I'm actually glad that you think this is predictable. That way, when I include a bit of a twist, it will be better.

@Jasmine - The reason I made Tory react in the way she did was because I want to show that she isn't so confident as she makes herself out to be. Show a different side to her, if you get what I mean. Also, she's so lovestruck with Richard, she doesn't want to upset him or have him get angry with her. Don't worry, I think I know what I'm doing. :lol:

@Dreamy - Yeah, to be honest, the Hilton thing is just for now. I'll change the name of the hotel when I edit it. I don't know, like, any hotels so I just put the Hilton for now... You have a point with the Richard appearing in the room and Ella being no where to be seen. I'll sort that out somehow. ;)

Thanks again, guys!

xoxo Skins

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:25 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

Jai here, one of the Four Musketeers, here to continue reviewing your novel.

Yay! Victoria gets what she deserves. This was the best written chapter so far, not only because Richard starts to show another side of himself, but because Victoria is shoved on her ass for the first time in her life.

I really enjoyed reading that part, and I imagine everyone else did too.

One thing I noticed was how everyone was sharing rooms. Why would a rich man like Richard consent to sharing a room with a teenage boy when he could afford the penthouse? Why would Victoria's parents reveal how poor they are by not buying the best rooms/not booking the best hotel? Why would Victoria's parents arrange a holiday when they couldn't afford it?

- Jai
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

1087 Reviews

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:35 pm
Sins says...

Warning... this is kind of long, Seeminglymeaningless:

Thanks for the reviews! After reading over the chapters, I realised that I hadn't edited them at all. I could have sworn that I had... I've actually edited them on the MicrosftWord document, just not on YWS for some reason. I've actually tried to fix a lot of the critiques you brought up, although you did pick up on a few extra things, so thanks for that.

I'm going to post the edited versions here on YWS, hopefully. In the newly edited version, Victoria is actually older and the marriage thing does make a lot more sense. I hope it does, anyway. In the second chapter, Victoria's reaction to Oliver is a bit more natural as well. As for Olvier being an assistant, I'm still unsure about that. It's a bit of a temporary position really until I decide on what to make him exactly, if that makes sense...

When it comes to Victoria, she is supposed to come across a spoilt brat at the beginning. You said in chapter three, I think it was, that you have more interest in Oliver's life and background and would be good if the story was in his POV. This is actually the first story I've written in a girl's POV, which is weird considering I ma a girl. Naturally, I would have written this in Oliver's POV, but I always struggled to make the voice sound male in my previous stories.

As for the little story about Victoria's cousin being the heir to everything, or whatever, it's in the edited version, not on YWS. Stupid me. That's part of the reason Victoria getting married doesn't seem as bizarre in the edited version. The reason her cousin inherits everything is because of his birthday. He's eighteen before Victoria, therefore, he is eligible to obtain everything. Oh, and Oliver passing out, by the way, is explained later on. I'm slightly concerned that it's to much later on, but I can go back and easily edit it sometime.

After reading over all of my chapters, I have to say that I do think they improve as they go on. I think I wrote the first few chapters over a year ago now and I'm only now just continuing it. That's why, well... that's why I hope the later chapters are better.

Phew... I think that's it...

Spoiler! :
Also, sorry for my blabbing at the start of every chapter... I never know when to shut up.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:54 am
Light_Devil! says...

Hey, it's Azrael here, reviewing on behalf of your request. Is it just me or do your chapters seem to get longer as we go along? :P

It was almost half past ten now and Richard would be here in fifteen minutes or so.

She is packing like 15 minutes before they have to go? Not very efficient...

She was right; I very much liked Richard Brooks. I couldn’t wait to spend some time with him and get to know him better.

Wait... what? When did I miss this development? When did this happen?

“Um, not sure really. Just one of those things, I guess.” She replied, lying.

Once again I ask you... how does your main character know this stuff?

My entire face lit up as I looked at Richard standing in my doorway.

Can I ask a question, is Victoria vain? Is there a mirror in the room? Because if there's not how does she know her face lit up?

“Hello!” I yelped a bit too eagerly.

Yelping is for pain. Otherwise... just no.

I giggled.

Is she high? She does nothing more than giggle...

I turned to see Oliver with his head leaning against the car’s tinted window, watching the raindrops fall down it.

What I do when people are talking in the car as well. :P

Glaring at him, I nudged him hard on his side, automatically making him flinch.

Cringe. Flinching is when you automatically duck away from something which you think is heading towards you.

A small, pleasured grin grew on my face as I stared into the long mirror before me.

That is the second time you've used that phrase to explain a happy smile. Please never use it again.

I began laughing again until I noticed the stern look in Richard’s eyes. “It’s not funny, Victoria. You look like a complete slut.”

She was wearing a dress... :?

“I can see your knickers in that dress,” he shook his head, “put something suitable on. We’re going to dinner, not a brothel.”

I highly doubt someone of high standing like Richard would use the word "knickers," under garments perhaps, but not "knickers."

That was better. That was the Richard I knew.

Right, the Richard she's known for about 2 hours and 40 minutes...

Overall:
Your chapters are getting better. I was a bit saddened by the fact Oliver wasn't mentioned much in this story and the main character leaves a lot to be desired... Anyway, I like the way that Victoria is still completely disillusioned. :D She thinks there's a reason for everything. Even though she totally got what she deserved she's still completely up herself. Oh well. Richard - Ooo, I like him as well; not all he's cracked up to be, but I like that. Your writing style had definitely gotten better. :D Good on you.

Have A Nice Day,
Azrael.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:31 pm
seeminglymeaningless says...

After reading over the chapters, I realised that I hadn't edited them at all. I could have sworn that I had... I've actually edited them on the MicrosftWord document, just not on YWS for some reason.

I'm glad that you had been taking on the other reviews :) Sorry if I sounded harsh, but it seemed like so many of the reviews I looked at were saying the same as me and their ideas at times hadn't even been responded to. I did notice, when I checked (lol), that you had changed the chapters previous to this after I beat you over the head about not changing it :P And to be honest, sometimes I see things on YWS that never change, despite all the suggestions.

As for Olvier being an assistant, I'm still unsure about that. It's a bit of a temporary position really until I decide on what to make him exactly, if that makes sense...

It would make more sense if Oliver was the nephew of Victoria's nanny and had been forced to move in with her due to his natural parents dying or something, maybe from cancer - wouldn't it be awful if Oliver had leukaemia? He could be a number of things rather than Victoria's assistant, because at the moment Victoria has no need for an assistant, and you're stretching the reader's beliefs by making him such. For instance, you could deepen Oliver's character and make him a computer genius. He could be hired by Victoria's dad to computerize all of the family debts/franchises, whatever. That would make the most sense, and in his free time he can annoy Victoria. When I have finished reading all of your chapters, I will make a story plot of how these chapters can be slimmed down and some of them merged. Whether you do that or not, is up to you.

As for the little story about Victoria's cousin being the heir to everything, or whatever, it's in the edited version, not on YWS. The reason her cousin inherits everything is because of his birthday. He's eighteen before Victoria, therefore, he is eligible to obtain everything.

That is still a little sketchy (I read the explanation in the edited first chapter). You will probably need to explain it better. Generally someone is the head of a company until he/she retires, or dies. When you turn 18 you don't automatically become the heir to the entire family name. Being 18 before another cousin shouldn't make the first to turn 18 suddenly the better suited either.

Oliver passing out, by the way, is explained later on. I'm slightly concerned that it's to much later on, but I can go back and easily edit it sometime.

If it's explained in the next few chapters, I'll comment on it then. Otherwise, here's my comment now. People forget things. If you explained by Oliver passed out in chapter two somewhere in chapter thirteen, readers are going to be scratching their heads.

After reading over all of my chapters, I have to say that I do think they improve as they go on.

That's definitely true. The second chapter immediately improves in quality to the first.

Also, sorry for my blabbing at the start of every chapter... I never know when to shut up.

lol. I just find that saying, "I wrote this at 3am in the morning and I haven't edited yet" is a silly thing to say before someone reads your work. They are either going to not read it because it wouldn't be as good as it should be before uploading it here for review, or they are going to read it and not expect much and then say something like, "zomgoodness, this is gr8 for a first draft writen at 5AM in da morning bro!" (sorry, slight exaggeration, but you get the point).

Anyway, thanks for replying, Skins, am off to review the other chapters now.

- Jai, one of the Four Musketeers! Ye-ah!
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:05 pm
Shearwater says...

Hey-yo, Skins :)
Sorry I'm falling behind >.<
But anyways, on to the review! *Charges*
“Jesus Christ...” Oliver’s annoying voice moaned, interrupting Richard and I's moment.

I think this sounds better if it was 'our' moment, but it's your call :)
Admittedly, I agreed with most of the things that he said, but it was rather rude to say those things out loud, especially to Oliver himself.

This is kind of a double standard, right? I mean she yells at Oliver in front of his face and says mean things to him but when Richard does it, it's like, "Hey, calm down." Now, I know what Richard said was little over the line and more rude than whatever
Tori had done but I still find it a bit weird. Maybe it's just me :)
The silence in the car was causing my palms to sweat and causing me to bite my lip ever few minutes.

*every
It was painfully awkward.

I would omit this part. See, you already did a good job describing the way Tori felt in the situation and we know from the descriptions that she feels awkward so adding that part, I think, actually takes away from your writing than doing it any favors.
“It’s okay, Victoria.” Richard smiled, sitting down on the bed next to me. “I forgive you, okay?”

Huh? What'd she do now? I'm a bit confused here. With his personality and with what's going on. But maybe you intended things to be like this. Making Richard's character a bit edgy. I mean, he's freaking me out and I know Oliver is hiding something! Maybe he pretends to be a dimwit but he's not!
Oh dear, I'll stop before my thoughts derail.
“Seriously? Tori, what have you actually done? The most offensive thing that you’ve done is ask him what the time is.

That's what I just said! *high fives Oliver*
I narrowed my eyes as I thought carefully

She's been narrowing her eyes quite a bit. I suggest using some fresh descriptions or words that could possibly convey the same meaning without sounding repetitive.
“It’s seven o’ clock, I think you should leave.” I spat,

I suggest comma instead of period.
The edges of the phone were worn and the number six button was gone completely.

Muwahahaa

Overall

Great chapter, I found this great and you got some character flow going. Oliver is still the same old Oliver but in the end, you mentioned some of his seriousness and now I'm second guessing his whole thing. Suddenly, just to let you know what I think is going to happen, I think Oliver was specifically set up for Tori as a possible match. That's he rich but acts poor to change Tori or something. I don't know, it's just hunch. Although, I have no idea how I would pull that off lol.
Anyways, Richard still feels like a bit of weirdo to me. His character isn't very developed which makes me question his motives and every action he takes. I hate him but confused with him and it ticks me off! Argh! XD
Tori, the girl's blind, what can you say? She seriously likes this Richard guy but I have no idea why. There wasn't much relationship development between them. It was like they go to Reading, he yells and then they randomly kiss and she's head over heels for him. Okay, weird? I know you've mentioned that they talked before and all but I still don't feel the connection and since this story is in her POV, I think you should make her ties with Richard's character more stronger, like her tie with Oliver. I get the relationship between the two and I feel her aggravation when she sees Ollie. But when Richard comes into the picture, it's like she's forcing herself a bit to like him. She's a head strong character and a spoiled brat, taking trash from the Richard guy, I can't see her doing it. She's all soft and fake with him, and it's a little tipsy. But of course, maybe he's got something on her, his smile, maybe she's never been kissed by such an old dude and she feels more mature or something. I don't know. XD
Now, I'm going to wrap up before I ramble. I hate rambling but I do it sometimes. On the good side, I'm really liking how the story is flowing and you said you have a twist coming up and I'm wondering what that is and it makes me excited because twists are so fun! :D
Alright, thanks for requesting me, I'm so glad to have the opportunity to read this story. I mean, I was sure I would eventually read it but sending me that request, really bumped me up and now I'm reading it and it's exciting :D I'm not sure if you get what I mean, but yeah :3
See you in Chapter Six!

Keep at it,

~Pink
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:35 pm
borntobeawriter says...

I have nothing to add here except Richard's a jerk.

Good chapter, though.

And why do I have the awful conviction that Ollie's got a terminal disease.........*sighs*

Ogres are like onions.
— Shrek