z

Young Writers Society

My life as a human dreamcatcher Part 1

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:00 pm
ultraviolet says...

My dreams have always made my life difficult.
They always seem so real. Not so real that when I wake up I’m like “Crap! I didn’t just meet Taylor Lautner?” I mean so real that I can’t even tell them apart from my waking life. Half of my memories are complete frauds.

I don’t know whether I’ve been to Florida, or whether I’ve sprouted wings and flown over Mount Everest. I don’t know whether I’ve had a pizza topped with chocolate chips and peanut butter, or whether I’ve hula-hooped with a giant’s hoop earring.

And no matter where I am when I fall asleep--at home in my own bed; camping in a tent; at my desk on half-finished homework--at the end of my dream, I always get back there somehow and go to sleep. It’s infuriating.

It didn't take long for me to figure out not to bring up my dreams. Or volunteer any information of my past really, considering I can’t tell the difference between reality and non-reality.

I think you can imagine how hard it is when a teacher gives an assignment, and I have to tell about a personal experience. I literally have to ask my mom for a memory to use.

Of course, my little sister Teddy thinks this hilarious. Teddy’s eleven; two years younger than me, and the smart aleck of the century. It’s no wonder my excruciating-moment quota has gone up 79 percent since she became smart enough to use my dream thing against me.

And she really is a pretty smart kid--either that or my parents are really, really dumb. I’m not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but they only found out because of Teddy, who had known months before.

Since then I’ve been taken to several doctors and shrinks. They dismissed it as merely an overactive imagination. Thus, the dream journal was born. A dream journal, the ultimate cliché, I know. Everyday I have to report to mom and check that what I wrote down was just dreams and not reality, and vice-versa.

But my leather-bound cliché hasn’t helped. Teddy suggests that they should put me in a straitjacket and lock me in one of those white, padded rooms. Cute kid, huh? The fact that she mentions at the same moment that my room would be empty and she would only be so willing to take it is just a coincidence, right?

Well, with all this, I can’t help but think that I was in just another dream.

It all started one morning, when I woke up from yet another ultra-realistic dream.

I was forced to cliff-dive off of the mouth of an active volcano into the boiling lava below. The instant my finger touched the molten rock, it turned into a thin layer of ice, which I crashed through into freezing water. I was so cold, so stiff, I could barely move. Chains shot from the infinite depths and wrapped around my ankles. They pulled me to the bottom, through a drain, as though in a bathtub. I emerged in my room, completely dry. I dove into the purple comforter and fell quickly asleep.

And woke up. Typical.

I kicked back my blanket, sat up, and slid into my fuzzy bunny slippers. I grabbed my toiletry bag before crossing the hall and entering the bathroom. After shutting the door, I locked it.

The toiletry bag and lock are both necessary precautions when you have to share a bathroom with a little sister who is foreign to privacy and has no respect for other’s stuff.

I splashed water on my face, brushed my teeth, and swept a comb through my wavy ginger hair, which reached just below my chin.

Several loud bangs came from the door. “Meg, open up! You’ve been in there forever!” came Teddy's voice.

“I’ve been in here ten minutes.” I called back before shoving my stuff back into it’s bag. Teddy started banging again as I flicked the lock, and opened the door.

“About time.” Teddy said before hurrying into the bathroom to do whatever it was that took her an hour every morning. Sometimes longer on a weekend, like today. Saturday.

I sighed, exasperated, before heading back to my room. I stripped my pajama shorts and tee. In their place I put knee-length jean shorts, purple and orange layered tank tops, and I slipped into my sneakers. To top it off, I stuck a cap on my head and my favorite bracelet on my wrist.

My bracelet consisted of multicolored beads strung on leather string. It‘s the kind of thing you saw kids making at summer camp.

I made my bed as I do every morning--lest I provoke the wrath of mom--and straightened my dream catcher--but one of many failed attempts to stop my dreaming problem.

I grabbed my backpack, tossed my dream journal in it, and plucked my lucky coin off of my desk. I headed out the door, towards the kitchen.

“Good morning Megan Marie.” my mom called in an awful sing-song voice, as she flipped a pancake. That is how she greeted me every morning. But of course that hadn’t started to get annoying…. It was way past that.

Over breakfast me and mom went through the usual routine: I tell her what’s happened in my dream and real life, she tells me which is which, then I write the dream half in my dream journal.

When I am done with breakfast I tell mom I’m going to the library, and head out. The library was about two hundred yards from my house, and I got there in a few minutes.

I checked my watch. 10:07, perfect. It should be just open.

I wasn’t a big fan of the library, décor-wise. I always thought that libraries should have wood floors, stone fireplaces, in front of which, overstuffed chairs. Cozy, you know?

But a while ago we moved to a new library which just doesn’t work for me. On the outside is gray paneling. On the inside was cold tile, metal shelving, and bright, modern-style chairs that weren't exactly plush.

But it worked… I suppose.

I walked up to the counter and started piling books from out of my backpack. Nancy, a twenty-something woman with bright orange hair, pulled back in a braid, was working at the counter. She smiled at me; I smiled back.

She didn't look like your typical librarian, but she loved what she did and it showed in her work. That's why out of all the librarians, she was my favorite.

I pulled my library card out of my pack and handed it to her. She went and picked some books off the shelve then plunked them down. Our library participated in this program where you could order books from any library in the program and they shipped them to the one closest to you. Today I got four.

Nancy read the titles aloud as she scanned them. “Harry Potter and the Deathly HallowsPercy Jackson and the Titan’s CurseHarry Potter and the Half-Blood PrinceBrisingr…. Do I feel a theme here, Meg?”

“What can I say? Fantasy’s my new thing.” I placed the books in my bag.

I walked over to one of the computers the library had and sat down. I clicked open the internet and checked my email. Junk mail, junk mail, I highly doubt I’m the one millionth visitor, junk mail. I scrolled down and found an email from Brent, a kid I met at camp.

Dear Meg,

How’s it hanging? Any more freaky dreams? Knowing you, of course. What they about this time? I once had a dream where I was dressed up as a giant banana and a gorilla kept trying to eat me.

Nothing new is really happening. Hope you have something better to say.

Your wicked-awesomeness (you know it’s true), Brent

I responded by telling him about my dream in very close detail. Also about my recent addiction to fantasy books. Then I logged off.

I got up and turned around. The place was deserted, even by the librarians. All the lights were off and curtains were pulled over all the windows--curtains I didn’t know existed.

"Nancy... are you out there?" I called, a little spooked. I cautiously walked along the ends of the shelves, peering in the aisles. I half expected someone to jump out and yell Boo! No one did. I was alone.

Even with the cold decor I didn't like so much, the library had always had some sort of coziness to it, just for the fact that it was a library. But walking through it alone in the dark gave it an eerie feel. If this were a movie, this would be the part where a rat would scamper across the room, and a serial killer would jump out at me wielding a chainsaw.

After checking the bulk of the library, I looked in the back room, where the librarians had their break. When I found no one there, I decided that it was probably a dream. Dream or no dream, I had a bad feeling about that place.

I went back to the computer desk where I had left my backpack. I grabbed it, slung it over my shoulder, and turned to leave. One foot was forward, in a walking position, when I froze.

Two figures stepped out from the shadows. One of them spoke in a booming voice. “We have found you at last, Megan Marie Bell.”

To be continued...

Hey, well I don't know how long this is going to be. But just to warn you I am physically incapable of writing a short story. But I have been working on that. Hope you like it.

:elephant: LOVE --ULTRAVIOLET
Last edited by ultraviolet on Mon May 03, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:15 am
Zibbie says...

Cool! I like the idea and the characters, her sister Teddy sounds like she could be very interesting :)
Now for the dirty nitpicks...
ultraviolet wrote:For as long as I can remember, my dreams have gotten me in trouble.

Ugh you started your story with "for as long as i can remember", I'm glad i resisted the urge to stop reading.

ultraviolet wrote:I’ve learned young not to bring any of my dreams up.

This is awkward.
ultraviolet wrote:I think you can imagine how hard it is when a teacher gives an assignment where I have to tell about a personal experience.

I would break this up with a comma and take out the where. "teacher gives an assignment, and i have to tell"
ultraviolet wrote:Teddy figured it out months before them, and they only found out because of Teddy.

I would like this better if you switched the two around
ex. They only found out about my dreams because of Teddy, he had known for months before they had.

Other than that the letter should have been separated in some way or another (italics?)
A really good story! i can't wait to read more!
Zib :elephant:
"His poetry was terrible. It sounds like he ate a dictionary and started vomiting up words at random."

262 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:48 am
ultraviolet says...

Thanks Zibbie!

Now that you bring it up, your suggestions do make it better. How do you like this start? Any better? I appreciate you taking the time to comment. :)

"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:06 pm
*coco says...

Hey ultraviolet! Coco here,
I really like this for a number of reasons. One, your narrative is really well done, simple but revealing of your MC's personality which I love by the way, she seems like your typical teenager, so well done there. Two, I love this idea, it hasn't been done yet as far as I know so you have that to your advantage. Overall, I really enjoyed reading this, it put a smile on my face which is a good thing because I've had a rather crappy day. Anyway, I'm curious to see where you take this.
Good luck!
*coco
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:23 pm
Lilicia says...

Hi!
This is a very interesting and original story. I like it, especially the MC's chatty tone. :mrgreen:
Just a few nitpicks...

I don’t know whether I’ve been to Florida, or whether I’ve sprouted wings and flown over Mt. Everest.

Try to avoid abbreviations.

The bathroom bag and lock are both necessary precautions when you have to share a bathroom with a little sister who is foreign to privacy and has no respect for other’s stuff.

Corrections in red. XD Apart from that, I like how you throw in the little details that characterise Teddy - she's very realistic.

Several loud bangs came from the door. “Meg, open up! You’ve been in there forever!” came the voice of Teddy.

'Teddy's voice' would sound better.

I walked up to the counter and started piling books from out of my backpack. Nancy, a middle-aged woman with short gray hair,was working at the counter.

This might just be me, but I think that this description seems a little stereotypical. From my experience, librarians are stereotyped to be exactly that: middle aged with short gray hair. Maybe you could make the character a little different. Seeing as this is the MC's 'favourite librarian', maybe you could make Nancy jump out a bit more. But that's just my opinion. :)

Two figures stepped out from the shadows. One of them spoke in a booming voice. “We have found you at last, Megan Marie Bell.”

A very good ending! Makes me want to read more.

Well, that's about all. Other than that it's really good!

PM me if you have any questions.

~Lilicia
“Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.”

~Hans Christan Andersen

262 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:00 pm
ultraviolet says...

You know Lilicia, your so right. Thanks for helping me pick out the flaws. :smt003

Does this description of Nancy seem better? Realistic? Input appreciated.

And you like the ending? That made me nervous. You don't think it's too overly dramatic, every-sci-fi-or-fantasy-has-it cliche-y do you?

Thanks again for commenting.

~asofterworld.com

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:12 am
Lilicia says...

Hey!
Glad I could help, and yes - Nancy does seem much more realistic now. :)
I think the ending's great.

~Lilicia
“Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.”

~Hans Christan Andersen

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:00 pm
Shade says...

I really like this! What's freaky is that I have a friends called Megan Bell who also has weird dreams, only she knows when she's dreaming and when she's awake. This is a very original idea, well done! he only thing is, you tend to differ between past and present tense, I'd look out for this
:)
Another convicted serial killer is reported to have found God. Which may be great for the serial killer, but we’ve yet to hear what God thinks about it

262 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:56 am
ultraviolet says...

Shade- How funny! And yes, I realized the present/past tense issue. I am paying special attention to this now, and am going to double and triple and so on check to make sure this is right.

I'm glad you like it and I am hoping to get the 2nd part out soon. I'm working on it and just need to add a bit more.

[EDIT] I HAVE the second part out. :D

~asofterworld.com

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon May 03, 2010 3:03 pm
Sins says...

Hey ultraviolet!
Here as requested. 8)

Red = Corrections/negatives
Blue = Things I like
Bold = My comments/suggestions

My dreams have always made my life difficult. I like this opening line.

They always seem so real. Not so real that when I wake up I’m like “Crap! I didn’t just meet Taylor Lautner?” This made me chuckle... :lol: I mean so real that I can’t even tell them apart from my waking life. Half of my memories are complete frauds.

I don’t know whether I’ve been to Florida, or whether I’ve sprouted wings and flown over Mount Everest. I don’t know whether I’ve had a pizza topped with chocolate chips and peanut butter, or whether I’ve hula-hooped with a giant’s hoop earring.

And no matter where I am when I fall asleep--at home in my own bed; camping in a tent; at my desk on half-finished homework--at the end of my dream, I always get back there somehow and go to sleep. It’s infuriating.

I’ve learned young not to bring any of my dreams up. The way you've phrased this is kind of confusing. Maybe you could try and fix it up a bit? Or volunteer any information of my past really, considering I can’t tell the difference between reality and non-reality.

I think you can imagine how hard it is when a teacher gives an assignment, and I have to tell about a personal experience. I literally have to ask my mom for a memory to use.

Of course, my little sister Teddy Unique name! thinks this hilarious. Teddy’s eleven; two years younger than me, and the smart aleck of the century. It’s no wonder my excruciating-moment quota has gone up 79 percent since she became smart enough to use my dream thing against me.

And she really is a pretty smart kid--either that or my parents are really, really dumb. I’m not trying to be disrespectful or anything, but they only found out because of Teddy, who had known months before.

Since then I’ve been taken to several doctors and shrinks. They dismissed it as merely an overactive imagination. Thus, the dream journal was born. A dream journal, the ultimate cliché, I know. Everyday I have to report to mom and check that what I wrote down was just dreams and not reality, and vice-versa.

But my leather-bound cliché hasn’t helped. Teddy suggests that they should put me in a straitjacket and lock me in one of those white, padded rooms. Cute kid, huh? Funny! The fact that she mentions at the same moment that my room would be empty and she would only be so willing to take it is just a coincidence, right?

Well, with all this, I can’t help but think that I was in just another dream.

It all started one morning, when I woke up from yet another ultra-realistic dream.

I was forced to cliff-dive off of the mouth of an active volcano into the boiling lava below. The instant my finger touched the molten rock, it turned into a thin layer of ice, which I crashed through into freezing water. I was so cold, so stiff, I could barely move. Chains shot from the infinite depths and wrapped around my ankles. They pulled me to the bottom, through a drain, as though in a bathtub. I loved this description! I emerged in my room, completely dry. I dove into the purple comforter and fell quickly asleep.

And woke up. Typical.

I kicked back my blanket, sat up, and slid into my fuzzy bunny slippers. I grabbed my bathroom bag before crossing the hall and entering the bathroom. I don't like the repetition of bathroom here. Maybe you could call the bathroom bag a toiletry bag? That's what I call them where I live, anyway! After shutting the door, I locked it.

The bathroom bag and lock are both necessary precautions when you have to share a bathroom with a little sister who is foreign to privacy and has no respect for other’s stuff.

I splashed water on my face, brushed my teeth, and swept a comb through my wavy ginger hair, which reached just below my chin.

Several loud bangs came from the door. “Meg, open up! You’ve been in there forever!” came Teddy's voice.

“I’ve been in here ten minutes.” I called back before shoving my stuff back into it’s bag. Teddy started banging again as I flicked the lock, and opened the door.

“About time.” Teddy said before hurrying into the bathroom to do whatever it was that took her an hour every morning. Sometimes longer on a weekend, like today. Saturday.

I sighed, exasperated, before heading back to my room. I stripped my pajama shorts and tee. In their place I put knee-length jean shorts, purple and orange layered tank tops, and I slipped into my sneakers. To top it off, I stuck a cap on my head and my favorite bracelet on my wrist.

My bracelet consisted of multicolored beads strung on leather string. It‘s the kind of thing you saw kids making at summer camp.

I made my bed as I do every morning--lest I provoke the wrath of mom--and straightened my dream catcher--but one of many failed attempts to stop my dreaming problem.

I grabbed my backpack, tossed my dream journal in it, and plucked my lucky coin off of my desk. I headed out the door, towards the kitchen.

“Good morning Megan Marie.” my mom called in an awful sing-song voice, as she flipped a pancake. That is how she greeted me every morning. But of course that hadn’t started to get annoying…. It was way past that.

Over breakfast me and mom went through the usual routine: I tell her what’s happened in my dream and real life, she tells me which is which, then I write the dream half in my dream journal.

When I am done with breakfast I tell mom I’m going to the library, and head out. The library was about two hundred yards from my house, and I got there in a few minutes.

I checked my watch. 10:07, perfect. It should be just open.

I wasn’t a big fan of the library, décor-wise. I always thought that libraries should have wood floors, stone fireplaces, in front of which, overstuffed chairs. Cozy, you know?

But a while ago we moved to a new library which just doesn’t work for me. On the outside is gray paneling. On the inside was cold tile, metal shelving, and bright, modern-style chairs that weren't exactly plush.

But it worked… I suppose.

I walked up to the counter and started piling books from out of my backpack. Nancy, a twenty-something woman with bright orange hair, pulled back in a braid, was working at the counter. She smiled at me; I smiled back.

She didn't look like your typical librarian, but she loved what she did and it showed in her work. That's why out of all the librarians, she was my favorite.

I pulled my library card out of my pack and handed it to her. She went and picked some books off the shelve then plunked them down. Our library participated in this program where you could order books from any library in the program and they shipped them to the one closest to you. Today I got four.

Nancy read the titles aloud as she scanned them. “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows… Percy Jackson and the Titan’s Curse… Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince… Brisingr…. Do I feel a theme here, Meg?”

“What can I say? Fantasy’s my new thing.” I placed the books in my bag.

I walked over to one of the computers the library had and sat down. I clicked open the internet and checked my email. Junk mail, junk mail, I highly doubt I’m the one millionth visitor, junk mail. I scrolled down and found an email from Brent, a kid I met at camp.

Dear Meg,

How’s it hanging? Any more freaky dreams? Knowing you, of course. What they about this time? [color=#0000FF]I once had a dream where I was dressed up as a giant banana and a gorilla kept trying to eat me.
What a nice dream :lol:

Your wicked-awesomeness (you know it’s true), Brent[/color] The e-mail itself is fine! I just think that you should italicize it. :wink:

I responded by telling him about my dream, This comma isn't needed. in very close detail. Also about my recent addiction to fantasy books. Then I logged off.

I got up and turned around. The place was deserted, even by the librarians. All the lights were off and curtains were pulled over all the windows--curtains I didn’t know existed.

Two figures stepped out from the shadows. One of them spoke in a booming voice. “We have found you at last, Megan Marie Bell." Ooooo... riveting!

To be continued...

Overall

I really liked this! It was quirky and original. Your characters are realistic and they don't annoy me either. *High fives*. I like the idea itself, I've never come across anything like it, not that I can think of right now anyway. You had some very nice descriptions in here and I literally found no grammar problems. I think I found one... but that was it! Your spelling also seems to be up to scratch, well done.

One thing I did notice though was your changing tenses. I noticed that you'd sorted that out, so I'm assuming it was worse, but I did still find the odd present tense word. I highlighted the one's that I spotted in red. There were only a few words, but you need to make sure that there are none before you post! I actually used to have problems with writing in one tense, I still do sometimes, but now that I've practiced using the correct tense, that hardly ever happens anymore. That's really the best way to write tenses correctly; practice, practice and practice. That's the best way to improve. I'm also pretty sure that there must be a thread on how to write in one tense on YWS somewhere. Maybe you could try and find one?

My only other slight critique is the ending of your story. The idea of the ending is great, it's just how you lead up to it. It seemed kind of sudden, well it did to me anyway. Your MC logged off the computer and then she saw some guys in cloaks. I think it would be more effective if you say how she feels like she's being watched while she's reading the e-mail, or something? Or maybe describe a bit more how everyone had gone and make here wonder around the room for a little while. Then she could hear a noise, turn around, and see some dudes with cloaks? Then you could go from there. Am I making sense? Sorry if I really aren't! :roll:

I haven't really got much else to critique at all! Your grammar was practically perfect and so was your spelling. I found one comma error, but nothing else. Nothing that I could spot, anyway. There were also some humorous parts to your story and I always love a bit of humour. Even if the story's supposed to be a serious one; there's nothing wrong with having a laugh, is there? :wink: The best thing about your humour though was the fact that you didn't overload on it. This story isn't supposed to be a humorous one, but you've been nice and included the odd funny bit here and there. I congratulate thee!

I also liked a lot of your descriptions. I especially liked your description of Nancy; I love a good ginger person. The MC's also ginger isn't she? If so, then woop! I liked how you made Nancy look unique but not overly stupid. I've read loads of books before where the writer has made a character look so unique, it made me want to scream at them. All it did was make their character unrealistic. Thankfully, you haven't done this. You've given Nancy the right amount of uniqueness! For doing that, I am happy.

The character's personalities is another thing that I like about this. My favourite personality is Teddy's (I love the name, by the way). She seems like a classic, show off little sister! She actually reminds me of my younger cousin, she is way to smart for her own good. You've portrayed Teddy's personality very well and you've made her a very interesting and unique character. I also love Megan's character. She's fun to read about and keeps me interested in reading this story. Each one of your characters have their own personality, which is something that I always love.

Overall, I'm definitely glad I read this. All you need to do is consider what I, and other reviewers have said, and polish this up a bit. Then you will have a story that I adore!

Keep writing,

xoxo Skins
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon May 03, 2010 4:20 pm
Sins says...

Hey again :)
I'm not stalking you, by the way. Well, not really... :roll:

Anyways,

Yaaay! You fixed the ending. It's a lot better now, well done! You've built up some tension which is always a good thing to include, especially in scenes like this. It definitely works a lot better now.

xoxo Skins
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu May 06, 2010 3:02 pm
WritingWords says...

Hi, this is WritingWords with the super-fast review you requested. :D

Wow, I love this start! You are truly a wonderful writer. I was drawn into the story and felt what the character felt. My eyes were hooked to the screen to see what would happen next. I was actually feeling freaked out when nobody was in the library. Just...wow. I wouldn't be surprised if this became a book. :D

Now, for some tiny nitpicks:
Over breakfast me and mom went through the usual routine:
Mom and I.
Dear Meg,

How’s it hanging? Any more freaky dreams? Knowing you, of course. What they about this time? I once had a dream where I was dressed up as a giant banana and a gorilla kept trying to eat me.

Your wicked-awesomeness (you know it’s true), Brent

I don't know if this e-mail will lead to a climax, but right now, it doesn't seem necessary. For one thing, the reader barely knows anything about him, except that he's from camp. While I was reading, I didn't know who he was, what he looked like, and why he mattered. Does Meg like him? Or does he like her? How old is he? Don't add things like this if you can't include a better, clearer picture about the character.

It was kind of freaky how the main character thought that this was a dream when the library was empty. I like that freakiness. :D Anyway, good start and please PM me when you write more. Oh, and please, please, please DON'T end this novel with a "this was all a dream, after all"! That drives me crazy! It's like wasting a whole good story at the very end and tossing it away!
Please follow me on all my writing quests by clicking "Follow" on my Profile. Thanks!

Popularity Wars Chapter Three is now here:
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post735878.html#p735878

Please review!! Love ya!

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Fri May 14, 2010 6:02 am
StoryWeaver13 says...

I like it!!! *clicks like button* This is really creative, and the whole dream thing used to actually happen to me when I was little (and a even now I still live in "my own little world", so my friends say...) Anyway, I think this sounds really cool and could turn into something really exciting. MORE! I hope I can remember to find this again and read the next chapters later on.
Keep writing. :wink:
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:32 am
Georgiexx says...

Hey ultraviolet!
I love this story, it is so amazingly original.
Your MC seems like a awesome typical teenager, so well done there. I like that i havn't heard of any storys with anything similar. Overall, I enjoyed reading this, I actually smiled while i was reading the part about the bunny slippers and the serial-killer weilding a chain saw.

I think you could improve this little part. maybe describe the characters slightly or say how the MC was frightened. Thats the only part out of the whole thing that i might have changed. Well done. Keep writing. I want to see what happens, you have left me in suspence.

Love Georgie xxXXxx
Today im happier than a bird with a french fry ;)

Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
— Euripides