z

Young Writers Society

Foreign Markets: 1x01 "Pilot / Alpha Dogs" /P

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:04 am
Incandescence says...

Removed.
Last edited by Incandescence on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:52 am
Snoink says...

The most awesome, amazing character of all were Lena's breasts. They were characterized incredibly well. ^_^

And yay! SPEW will take over the world some day...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:02 am
Meshugenah says...

You mean SPEW hasn't taken over the world already?

And her... Leave it to you, 'Rina, to talk about Breasts as a character.

Brad, I like it. Take over the (publishing) world, and bicker all the while. Oh yes.

Lena is awesome -- watch James and Jeremy, though. With the two "J" names, it got a little confusing at first. Maybe find a way to differentiate between them a little more, at least at the start? Though this is partly because it's written, and acted we'd have a much more visual sense of the characters to help ^^

Basically... yeah. And Sunshine kicks it. That is all.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:27 am
Firestarter says...

What a guy Luke is.

Anyway, you got me intrigued, and I'm ready to read more.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:51 pm
View Likes
Reakeda says...

^^ I liked. James seems very cynical and I like that about him. I have to say it was more his character than any other that kept me reading, though Sunshine and Lena are amusing as well.

~Rea
*scurries off to read the next episode.*

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:58 am
bubblewrapped says...

I tried to come up with something substantial to say, but I failed. I guess I just don't do scripts so well XD The only thing I really felt could be improved was I wasn't entirely sure who they were or why they were all together...but that would possibly be rectified by being able to see them and their surroundings.

Otherwise, Sunshine is hilarious, the others are interesting, and I want to see what happens next.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:06 pm
JabberHut says...

I read it! :D Told ya I was gonna read it! ^^

I loved it. It's only a script and I felt, as the audience, that I was actually part of the scene. Sunshine was cute (:lol:), the relationship between Lena and James is amusing, the three boys are good friends.. it's really amazing. I wonder how they all became friends, especially Sunshine. They all just have their own personalities, yet they're friends. Amazing! ^^

I wish I could say something evil.. but I can't. Sorry I wasn't helpful. I hope I was encouraging, though! :D

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:09 am
Riedawriter23 says...

XD I really liked this. Your characters really shown through. I liked the tension of the characters throughout it but most of all...I loved Lena! :) She had some really funny lines and she's sort of a bitch, but I think you meant it that way. Hopefully...And I loved the milkshake reference. That song is awesome and did her justice. :P

Off to read the next!

~Rieda
I love, love.
*This wonderful crit is brought to you by CCF!*

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:17 pm
DragonWriter says...

Man, You need to contact an producer pronto, I think this would be set up into a show. It is Good! I liked how lina was a bitch, james a synic moron, and sunshine the calmer. However i think my favorite chracter was the Kiten. You should like let her be an inspiration to one of the writers , and the peaice makes them milionairs or something. I do nnot know. Just do not ignore the kitten, or i will punish u by sending all her friends to meow at night and let you get no sleep. HEHEHE, just kidding, som yeah i liked it. i think there are some type errors, but you can find them ur self. i canot wait for more.
Twilight rocks!
New Moon rules!
Eclispe kicks butt!
In coclusion, Steaphine Meyer is a rocking, ruling, and kick butt authour!
That is the TRUTH!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:06 pm
Rydia says...

This is great, Brad. Highly amusing. I think your characters are very well developed with such wonderfully individual personalities. I don't know if you've edited since Meshugenah's comment but I actually have to disagree with her - I found Jeremy and James to be sufficiently different. However, I'm glad that you gave them a scene on their own at first to establish the more subtle difference between their personalities as it's diminished later when they're with the group - Jeremy is much less nervous and more in control with the others around.

I think you gave some good details of setting - the love couch was a great addition and I'm already looking forward to future scenes in that room. The relationships between the characters are brilliant and there's some real sense of past and present conflict here that draws your reader in, especially where James and Lena are concerned.

I'm glad you kept the section with Ann short because though it gave an insight into Jeremy's character and life, it was probably my least favourite part.

My only real suggestion is to take another look at the beginning and maybe trim it a little. It is good to distinguish the characters of James and Jeremy and to introduce the conflict but I felt that the discussion over James' bags could have been shorter and they spent a lot of time wondering where the others were.

It's really good though and I certainly intend to read more!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:44 am
Areida says...

Yeah! We're angry, not retarded! And Lena's milkshakes totally brought all the boys to the kitchen.

Hehehhee, I so want to see this acted out.

I'm glad you're not asking for critiques, Brad, because I don't think I could do it. Your brain operates on a completely different level than mine. But this was enjoyable all the same. Sorry for not getting to it sooner. ;)
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:12 am
Blooregard Q. Kazoo says...

Man, I hate Jeremy. What an effin' deuschbag. How the hell does he think he is? I mean, what's his problem anyway?

So yeah, here are my thoughts...

I didn't really get why they were so easily getting on each other's nerves. James got angry with everyone as soon as he got there, which didn't make much sense to me.

Also, Jeremy's girlfriend would never say 'cocksucker.' That's entirely out of character. She would, though, say 'Fuck you asshole,' although never to Jeremy.

Overall, I did like this, but it seems a bit contrived for the time being. Then again, all pilots seem like that to me. Hell, I hate the first episode of Seinfeld, but love the rest. So I'll have to keep on reading.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:57 am
chocoholic says...

This was cool, but I'm a little confused. I guess it'll all be explained in the next episodes, which I now have to go and read.

But it was cool. Why can't you accept revisions, though? Are you writing it for something in particular? Not that I can think of anything you should change.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill