Speechless

5 posts
User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 890
Reviews 4
A long pause,
A gaping mouth,
Jaw moving,
No sounds.

Meaningless gestures,
Occasional words,
But…Just…how,
Deep breath.

Head in hands,
Turn away,
No words,
Walks off.

She doesn’t know,
What I meant,
So she can’t,
Respond.

Speechless.
If love at first sight is tacky
Is love at second true?
Do I need a third, a fourth, a fifth
To Fall in Love with you?
-Voyager, TBC




Random avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 1160
But…Just…how,

dont't capital just.

I am not sure, there was the mazimum of 3 words in a line... that sort of bugged me and the poem itself, sort of frightened me. I mean she couldn't speak? Why?

I think this is pretty decent how it is though there are some commas that shouldn't be there.... you don't need punctuation for every line dear.. somethign just bugs me with all the commas... though they are nessesary... hmm...

Nice job.




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 840
Reviews 168
I like the poem
its rather sad and frustrating but its good
I wish i could right like that my poem ( demons )
Is a bit rubbish.
Meaningless gestures,
Occasional words,
But…Just…how,
Deep breath.

That is the best bit!
Charlotte




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 890
Reviews 915
Hi Shadow,


This reads like a mental exercise to break writer's block, as constrasted with a well-constructed and engaging poem. You've been attentive to the discord, but the narrative, phrasing and rhyming are laughable.

I seriously doubt that this is "reworkable" unless you restart from a clean sheet of paper.


All the best,
Brad
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 11393
Reviews 3913
This seems more like an exercise in finding the words to say? At least, I do writing exercises with this sort of stuff all the time in poetry. Maybe you do the same?

ANYWAY! :D

Try tweaking it. You can do this by reading it out loud and finding out where it seems to stop and not work. Like the line "But... Just... how" seemed to not work very well. There are several other lines like that.

Still, this is okay. I like that it is fragmented, giving a confusing feel to the entire piece. Your task? To make it less confusing. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D



Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— Apple Inc.