User avatar

turity

  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: DIFFERENT. Dark/Horror/Sci-fi Flash Fiction. 1000 wds PG-13

    I enjoyed this piece for two reasons: it moved along fast enough to not bore and it had a good mystery. It wasn't creepy though like you might have intended. ...

    Oct 26, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Removed

    I agree with Juniper. I was a little lost reading this. There is no clear idea as to what exactly is happening. A war, yes, but what does the narrator ...

    Oct 25, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Feeling Unknown

    Hi, I'm turity! Here are some suggestions: Too much description of her suffering in the beginning. It doesn't hook right away. Try to find a better starting sentence and move ...

    Oct 25, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Shades Of Silver

    Hi, I'm turity. First off, I love the title of this work and how it frames the poem at the begining and end. I don't know why but I love ...

    Oct 18, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: The Struggle

    I didn't think it was boring, but you explained the main idea in too many words. I liked your writing style though. It was thought provoking and definitely had a ...

    Oct 14, 2009
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    Same here. I loved the Artemis Fowl series. Admitedly, it was my younger brother who introduced the first book to me and it took me a while to get my ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Miracles

    This was really interesting to read. I liked the pace you kept. It was quick and to the point, with enough mystery to hook me. Some suggestions: So alone am ...

    Oct 10, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: White

    Hi, I liked reading through this piece but here are some things I think you can fix and refine to make it even better. First off, you constantly switched tenses ...

    Oct 10, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: A Simple Mistake (Prologue) [edited]

    Wow you’re character sounds really disturbed, which I guess is the point? =) I love how your opening paragraph is direct and to the point. Your sentences are also nice ...

    Dec 8, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Prologue of my story

    Disgusting, thought Bane when he sensed the scent. Disgusting needs quotation marks or italics to differ it as a thought and not narration. "Sensed the scent" sounds awkward. You can't ...

    Dec 8, 2008


Stop being mean to your self-insert character, you're just being mean to yourself.
— WeepingWisteria