Random avatar

timjim77

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: I hate

    The ending saved the poem, and made it quite nice actually. In revision pay attention to the following things: 1. Metering. Rhythm is important because you don't want anyone to ...

    Dec 28, 2005
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: War Drums

    This is the best of your poems that I have read (which is not nearly all of them). It is absolutely magnificent, and is everything that a modern poem should ...

    Dec 15, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Schizm (real poem--apologies for the first)

    I have to say that I do not like this poem. It is very self-indulgent. it is a stream of consciousness, which is interesting, but sometimes it gets so far ...

    Dec 6, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: political poetry

    "is all anyone seas": Should be sees. "First grader sitting in his seat Waiting for Iraq to admit defeat His daddys been gone, he knows why And his mom lays ...

    Oct 3, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: teenage lust (7 parts)

    Well, I don't see the reason for the divisions. There is no obvious change in perspective. If there was, the poem would have much more depth to it. The best ...

    Oct 1, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Calculus Musings

    The first part of the poem is interesting. Certainly the subject matter is original, but not entirely inspiring. The latter half, on the other hand, seems kind of unimportant. The ...

    Oct 1, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Something I Let Go Of

    Actually, I liked the capitalization. I liked the poem. Short and simple and sensible. Like it. Not everything needs to be a masterpiece. Remember that when you accept critique. :wink:

    Sep 24, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Inspiration!

    LOVE it. God-fingers. What a great word. This is really almost an Ars Poetica. Incredible imagery, concise, clear, and with a point. This could be in a textbook. Nice work. ...

    Sep 24, 2005


A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles