User avatar

sargsauce

  • Short Story » Literature, General Re: Do You Remember Jonnie Casey? (2/3)

    Hello, hello, good sir. Long time no see. Good to see you're up and about. So my first thought is this--maybe it's because you've split it up, but the tones ...

    Mar 5, 2013
  • Short Story » Realistic, Narrative Re: The College Search

    Hello, and welcome to YWS! I've taken a hiatus, so pardon me if this review is rusty. Overall, what is your piece trying to say? I read angst, and that's ...

    Feb 3, 2013
  • Short Story » Literature, General Re: Cherries, Cigarettes, Change

    So you're flirting with mortality throughout the bulk of the piece. Which is always interesting, but set off track a bit by the meeting scene that's "quirky" "cute" and a ...

    Sep 11, 2012
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Field

    You are indeed working on your descriptions. But trouble is is that you're working a little too hard on your descriptions. Perhaps that's why it feels forced? Like here: "Her ...

    Aug 14, 2012
  • Short Story » Literature, Realistic Re: Skin

    Hullo! I'm sorry I'm so late. Well, I'll just get down to it. Overall, a very enjoyable read. It has a very cinematic feel in that it's more about what's ...

    Apr 18, 2012
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Cherry Pie

    Hello! This is quite a sophisticated piece. Overall, I enjoy it for its confidence and unique perspective with a cinematic flair like a movie. There are some parts, though, that ...

    Feb 20, 2012
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Butterfly Colony

    Well, I hope this is just an introduction to something grander! I hope you someday get down to the nitty gritty details and flesh out a plot and characters and ...

    Jan 23, 2012
  • Short Story » General, General Re: hometown.

    Interesting idea, but not thought out or followed through or explored in depth. The wording is choppy and blocky and doesn't flow. It took some control whilst I was gone ...

    Jan 20, 2012
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Finding Alana

    The beginning was very promising. I was engaged by this family of 26 children and thought it amusing and I wanted to learn more. But then, as soon as she ...

    Jan 20, 2012
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Lady Hamilton Lane

    I appreciate the attempt--you took your time, acted confidently, and kept your wits about you--but the piece is ultimately long winded and fails to explain enough to the reader. with ...

    Jan 20, 2012
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Please, stop.

    Pretty interesting and creepy! The ghost of one of Sam's famous parties I didn't really get this line...since when are boarded up windows a part of a party? I'm assuming ...

    Jan 20, 2012
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Creativity

    Not really a story. No plot or characterization or dialogue or motives. But, we'll discuss it as is. You seem to be trying to cram two different attitudes into here. ...

    Jan 20, 2012
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Fox

    Simple and to the point. Depending on the situation and intent, that could be meritorious. You switch tenses a few times. You begin in present tense, go to past tense, ...

    Jan 18, 2012
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Rebellion

    So, let's talk in generalities. 1) Proofread. If English isn't your first language, then I know it's hard, but it will make it easier on your readers. If English is ...

    Jan 12, 2012
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Drops of Acid

    The story is well-written, that is undeniable. The voice is clear and accurate and you present it sensitively. And I liked the second paragraph; it was stylish and sassy and ...

    Jan 10, 2012


Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!
— Gretchen Wieners