User avatar

quitecontrary

quitecontrary

  • Novel / Chapter » Mystery / Suspense, Historical Fiction Re: How Do You Plead: 9.3

    Hi CaptainJack! I’m just dropping by for a quick review. The build-up of suspense towards the end was great, and I definitely wasn’t expecting that plot twist. The scene in ...

    Jun 2, 2020
  • Novel / Chapter » Mystery / Suspense, Supernatural Re: Sognore 2.0(re-done)

    woah. This is a really good piece. I loved your use of metaphors and the fluidity of the piece, it’s very well done. Especially when you first introduce the Mateo ...

    Jun 2, 2020
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Romantic Re: Where Light Meets Dark: Chapter 1 - Secrets

    Hi there! I think you have a really great idea for a superhero story, and I love how the villain's power is being precise. It's a really cool idea, and ...

    May 31, 2020
  • Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction, General Re: Severus's adventure

    Hi Beautiful Sparkle! I loved your story and your interpretation of Snape as a child. You do really well at setting up scenes, and your characterization is phenomenal throughout! Although ...

    May 31, 2020
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Other Re: mi hija preciosa

    Hi Liberty! This is such a wonderful poem, and the imagery throughout is beautiful! I can’t find a favorite line because the whole poem IS my favorite line ;D One ...

    May 28, 2020
  • Poetry » Literature, Realistic Re: Homo littera: Evolution of Words

    Hi Katteex! I am absolutely enthralled by the way you metaphorize words throughout history! The poem is really well thought-out, and the way you formatted it blew my mind. That ...

    May 24, 2020
  • Short Story » Romantic, Narrative Re: To the Other Half of My Heart

    Hi Em16! I’m here to review you, so let’s get started! First off, I love how you kept changing the name of the person you’re writing to. It really gives ...

    May 23, 2020
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, Dramatic Re: A Dark and Most Unpleasant Place.

    What a twist ending! Your description of anxiety as a short story is really creative, and I loved how suspenseful you made the story. I’ve just got a few small ...

    May 22, 2020
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Good ole' broccoli

    Hi there! I’m just going to give you a short review, because this is already a great piece. I love your subject, and I feel like broccoli is one of ...

    May 21, 2020
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Last walk (2nd draft)

    Wow! This is really amazing! I’ve tried my hand at villanelles before, but they never end up quite right. I love your last stanza, and I feel like it really ...

    May 21, 2020
  • Short Story » General, Dramatic Re: A Day in the Life (Re-Edited)

    Hi there! I really don’t have a lot to say about this story, mostly because it says it all for itself. The first read-through was a little confusing because of ...

    May 21, 2020
  • Poetry » General, Dramatic Re: The Mask We All Wear

    Wow! This is a really great poem, and there’s so much to love about it! One thing that really stuck out to me was the two lines at the end ...

    May 20, 2020
  • Short Story » Realistic, Teen Fiction Re: To Know: Part One, Steps 1-4

    Hi there! I think your story is really well-written, and I love the focus on "knowing" and "not knowing". I also love the way your characters talk to each other, ...

    May 20, 2020


When one door closes, another one opens. If not, just take out your jackhammer and break through that wall.
— Toast F. Krestvwich