User avatar

ohhewwo

  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: There All Along

    Yeah, I liked it a lot, too. It was pretty well put together, for a free write. In the third to last sentence, you used the word "utter," twice. Be ...

    Apr 29, 2005
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: untitled fantasy - chapter 1 (a novel in the works)

    I didn't really get into this. If more was available to me, I might, but it's not. But it's good that you didn't post too much at one time, as ...

    Apr 29, 2005
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: It Can't be Wrong

    Okay, I know this is sort of a disrepectful thing, but, I didn't read the whole thing, just the first paragraph. Indeed, you are correct sir. In my oppinion, only ...

    Apr 28, 2005
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Mr. Litter's Anecdote

    This was really funny, and I enjoyed it a lot. I liked the format you chose. The four rhyming lines, then a short, blunt, unrhyming, funny line. I think that ...

    Apr 28, 2005
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Daughter of Sion...Chapter Two Up

    Okay, this was semi-good. Lemme tell you why it was only semi -good. The beggining got my attention. The, after Jadyn woke up, it got boring. The story continued like ...

    Apr 27, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Spilt Milk

    ... yeah ... I think you can do away with the commas. They're just distractions and break up the piece really badly. This was good for what it was, but ...

    Apr 27, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: mistakes kill

    ill think about that, jack. if you dont mind could you give me some pointers as to where i could inlude emotions? Man, it's your poetry, it has to include ...

    Apr 26, 2005
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Need title help (Please read) You to Psylynx, this is it!

    I enjoyed this. I liked the way your main character narrated, as if she were really talking. I didn't understand the very first part, though. The part with the phone. ...

    Apr 26, 2005
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Bone-White Responsibility Skeletons

    Holy mother of Allah, God, Jesus, Shiva, Vishnu, Bramah, Moses, and of course, Buddha combined, this was awesome. I loved the rhythm, how it drived and flowed. It was marvelous. ...

    Apr 26, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Southerners=Slow

    I understood the literal meanings, but, I couldn't tell what you were trying to get through here. I looked at this, because I hate it when people make fun of ...

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: A graveyard of sorrow and joy (Kind of graphic)

    This was great. But I think that the last half, except for the last line, where the lines start to get shorter, just dosen't flow. Well, it flows, but it ...

    Apr 13, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: IT'S SO FRIGHTENING

    This is undoutedly the best work you've written and posted here, in my oppinion. The only thing that I think needs work is the last stanza. With the blood and ...

    Apr 12, 2005
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Please Give Me A Reason.

    If this is true, then it completely belongs in randomness. However, if this is supposed to be a real story, then it was still the most random thing I have ...

    Apr 12, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: weddings[for my mum]

    Way too limerick-ish to me. Like, way too limerick-ish. I think this could have been so much better than it is. When I saw the title, I thought that It ...

    Apr 10, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: No name

    I didn't understand this the first time I read it, but the second and third, I got it. This was pretty creative. I always like it when poets mess with ...

    Apr 9, 2005


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch