User avatar

nickelodeon

  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Me

    I liked the general format of the poem. It was easy to read, flowed nicely. I agree it could use some work though, mostly in that it doesn't seem to ...

    Dec 27, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Shoes Pt. 1 and 2

    "Thursday night—the night you go out if you’re a young man with an ID that has a date of birth that doesn’t add up to twenty one years of age." ...

    Nov 30, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Fairy Tale With A Twist - Snow White

    I especially like the ending - The use of Rapunzel was an unexpected twist, and the descriptions of the step-mother and prince Charming were funny. I think humor is a ...

    Nov 30, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: First night in Ecuador

    "in there nice beds with clean sheets, listing to crickets" should be "their" and "listening" I'd also think about writing in complete sentences. I like fragments (I think they're kind ...

    Nov 27, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: So My Son Thought He Was A Vampire

    First paragraph: I don't like the word "piece" when describing someone's hair. It's not very visual. Maybe "lock" or "wisp" or use your imagination. On the other hand, this is ...

    Nov 27, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: A Failed Mother

    Well, i really liked it. It seemed like your focus was more on telling a story than on becoming emotionally attached to the characters, and i found that quite enjoyable. ...

    Jun 7, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: He's gay now.

    I didn't quite understand it the first time i read it, and it's still a little foggy now. I'd try to clarify what's actually happening between them if you do ...

    Jun 7, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: An ode to Constantinople

    I love the image the whole poem creates - sort of a great civilization now in ruins. Your descriptions were really great. I agree that you should consider revising punctuation, ...

    Jun 7, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: My Own Worst Enemy

    This is a pretty good story. I'm going to agree that there are some grammar-type issues, but you can probably work those out with a re-read. I'd suggest rethinking the ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Love Note

    Well, it looks like nit-picky grammar stuff is out of the way, so... I thought it had definite possibilites, and I'm really curious as to how it's all going to ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Silence

    You totally kept my attention through the whole thing. I like how you didn't realize that it was an orphanage until later in the story. On to the critique... I, ...

    Jan 4, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Nowhere with Someone

    To be short and simple, i like it. It's well phrased. It's relatable, but its still unique (I personally, i have never read anything with quite the same message). I ...

    Dec 25, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Ramblings of an idle mind

    I'm going to start right out by saying that this is not my style. This is not to say that i didn't like it - it just isn't the type ...

    Nov 17, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Straight As a Rainbow, Chapter 1

    Okay, this is mostly good. It's easy to read, and flows nicely from one thought to another. I agree with what the others are saying about plot. It's not really ...

    Sep 17, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Purple Winter Coat

    Short and sweet. Always a good thing. I think this was too predictable. From the first sentence, when she was waiting for her parents to come back, I knew what ...

    Sep 7, 2007


Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi