User avatar

christy

  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Facility

    Hola! I'm not really here to nitpick, but I do have suggestions for you to consider in writing further. I'm a character/dialogue kind of person, so this may be an ...

    Mar 25, 2011
  • Short Story » General, General Re: flames on memories

    Heey there! So, you have a wealth of good elements here. The quality of visualization is really good. In a story like this, you have lots of room to go ...

    Mar 23, 2011
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Red, White, Blue, Brown.

    Hey there! First of all, I'd like to say that your style is beautiful. I find this very, very necessary for writing short stories to make up for the lack ...

    Mar 20, 2011
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: My Lovely Nightmare

    Hey! First of all, I think you have the solid premise of a story, but it has a lot that you can expand and improve upon. It's a good, honest ...

    Mar 20, 2011
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Difference [1]

    I found this very easy to read, which is to say nothing dragged on or anything like that. An issue I often find when there's lots of dialogue is that ...

    Mar 26, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Of An Icy Chandelier

    I'm not much of an expert on poetry, but I love how the entire feel of it can be changed by a few words and make it tragic instead of ...

    Mar 26, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Saving a Tree

    While I think a few things should definitely be reviewed, I'm interested in seeing Kate and her family fleshed out more. They have the building blocks to being strong characters ...

    Mar 26, 2009
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Dear Houston

    I absolutely adore this. It's well-written, I'm intrigued by the charaters (plus, I really like their names), your use of language is colourful and wonderfully executed. I was particularly drawn ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Shades of Grey

    First, a side note, the staff requests that you review at least two works before posting you're own. It's to my knowledge that they tend to become a little annoyed ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: Glass Walls

    I had to read it a couple times trying to get a rhythm in my head, but I really liked it. The contrasting images in verse 1 are interesting (for ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Prologue of 'Bloody Canvas'

    I rather liked the ambiguity and am more intrigued by the idea of what he could be painting than I think I would be if I knew. After all, the ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Accidental Felony

    First of all, it was a very intriguing and dark story. I really enjoyed it. It was almost hard to read, in a good way, and I have to say ...

    Apr 17, 2008


The wince that you wince when you see your quote in the quote generator is quite a wince, I tell ya. To know that the whole YWS community has read and judged your quote is quite an awkward feeling like oh noes. *manly blush*
— Arcticus