User avatar

ankhirke

  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Alcorus Chapter One

    Not bad. Starts a little slow, but then there's a nice bit of action to make up for it. The battle scene was engaging enough- but it feels like it ...

    Dec 12, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Illusions of Life

    Great suspense, though, as others have mentioned, you may call it either "classic" or "cliche" depending on taste. It is a very common beginning which makes it very hard to ...

    Nov 16, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Broken Wings, chaps. 1-4

    Not bad. You've got an interesting setting, which I'd like to see more of. As far as characters go, it's hard to get a grasp on them - everything moves ...

    Oct 31, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: THE freaks WAR

    Hey, winie. Just to let you know, we usually like you to post two reviews to other people's works before posting your own stuff. It's great that you're posting your ...

    Oct 18, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Marked

    okay, I couldn't quite get through all of this, and for one simple reason: The dialogue tags. Oh my god, the tags. You need to cut down on them, MAJORLY. ...

    Oct 12, 2008
  • Other » General, General Re: My query letter

    Couple things. Seventeen-year-old Marcella Beauregard is obnoxious, antisocial and sarcastic – and she likes it that way. Because while her teachers and classmates are busy hating her, they can’t

    Oct 8, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Down the Drain - Chapter 7

    Mmkay, I'm going to make some major critiques here, because you asked for it. I just want to know that I'm not preaching to a wall, so if you want ...

    Oct 6, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: The Jane Effect Part 8

    Wonderful as always, Angel. Some small things, which I think Ashleylee took care of beautifully. The major concern, for me, is that it seems like everything is happening so fast. ...

    Oct 2, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Down the Drain - Chapter 5

    I've been reading, and I've just got one or two comments on plot and character development. For the most part, your characters don't have motivations. Sure, Molly wants to NOT ...

    Oct 2, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Down the Drain - Chapter 3

    Heyo! Been reading what you have up so far, and it's certainly not bad. Needs a fair bit of improvement, especially with description and character. Plot's great, though it doesn't ...

    Sep 25, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: NightBlind

    Wow. I usually despise vampire literature, but this was so good! An extremely strong beginning: you know exactly how to bring a reader into the story. I was just wondering ...

    Sep 25, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: My Frozen Blood

    Ooh, I like. Your atmosphere is absolutely wonderful, and you definitely give a sense of the mystery that is to come. However, I can't really say a lot about this ...

    Sep 24, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Looking Glass Ch. 2

    Very good follow up! Your prose is still wonderful - though it could still use a little polish in places - and the pacing as you've edited it is much ...

    Sep 21, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Inkheart, Inkspell, and, soon to be released, Inkdeath

    OMG YES. I just started reading Inkheart and OMG YEEEEESSSSSS. Can you tell I like it? Course I'm partial to books about book lovers. Thirteenth Tale also became one of ...

    Sep 21, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Going Back

    I guess my main question is do you really need this prologue? Why? Sure, it's easier on you, but it's a heck of a lot harder on the reader. Being ...

    Sep 18, 2008


flamin hot cool ranch doritos say a lot about the duality of man
— dissonance