User avatar

TheDoubtfulGuest

  • Poetry » Dramatic, Lyrical Re: Thoughts

    Hey Jaylin! I really appreciate your feedback. I agree with your critiques and will revise the poem soon. Thank you for writing the review!

    Apr 7, 2017
  • Poetry » Narrative, Realistic Re: Cleaning up the house.

    Your poem is so macabre and very enchanting. I would love to know the meaning behind it. The repetition of "I am alone" really creates an eerie vibe. I love ...

    Apr 3, 2017
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Lyrical Re: Graceful Twirls

    I love the visuals and the meter in this poem. Very beautiful! I can easily imagine the dancer and see her movements.

    Apr 3, 2017


The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch