User avatar

Swires

  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: 1984 by George Orwell

    Like many great books Orwell's style was a little draggy and fat. However the story as a piece of speculative fiction was nothing short of a masterpiece.

    Oct 26, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: The Dark Tower by Stephen King

    Ive read the first two books and simply haven't had time with all my other reading to fit in the rest of the series. I loved them though, they are ...

    Oct 20, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Silver Ferride Chapter 2

    Thanks all. I have italics but I wasnt bothered to change them onto the forum. :) Thanks again everyone.

    Aug 6, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Silver Ferride Chapter 2

    Thanks for the input guys - ill be sure to correct the mistakes soon. Anyone else?

    Aug 5, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

    She can make another few million out of an encyclopaedia though lol.

    Aug 4, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

    JC - Shes making an encyclopedia that will answer any loose ends.... The last line was tacky. I hated it. Although as for the epilogue I fail to see how ...

    Aug 4, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Silver Ferride Chapter 1

    Thanks guys, Im glad you like it. MM - They are out of chronological order because they reveal tiny pieces of information gradually. If id have done them in chronological ...

    Aug 4, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Silver Ferride Chapter 1

    Thanks for the critique. Sandley Limerick never had a scene with the Thing... that was Robert Dawson, the major shareholder of Prime and Dawson Limited? I agree, there was no ...

    Aug 3, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Sorceror's Descendant - Chapter 2 - The first encounter

    I imagine the story is a slow starter. When the adventure and main sequence begin, like many novels it will pick up. Its simply a matter of just going with ...

    Aug 2, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Whore of the Wind, Girl of the Tide

    Thanks for the comment, I may return to Scall's magic some day and carve it into a Novella - 30k maybe. Clean it up and cut out a load of ...

    Aug 1, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Whore of the Wind, Girl of the Tide

    Thank you for the insightful critique CCF. Ill take your points on board. Thankyou for your comments JCobsessed even though I do not agree that in such a short piece ...

    Jul 31, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Whore of the Wind, Girl of the Tide

    Thank you everyone for your insightful comments. I'm so glad I have finally written a piece that isn't bin worthy.

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Conquering Boredom

    Quite humorous if not Random. Its not Pratchett - its more of a random fairy tale than satire. Enjoyable and funny none the less.

    Jul 29, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Crescent Chapter 1

    Thankyou Hunter. I'm trying this new style and seeing where it takes me. I agree with what you have said, there does need to be more showing. It is bland ...

    Jul 28, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Creation of the Crescent

    Thanks guys for your input. Ive edited a few of the points bian' made. Poltergiest, I really appreciate your comments. More feedback welcome.

    Jul 27, 2007


People ask if I ever experience writer's block and I just have to laugh... that's my default position.
— Aaron Sorkin