User avatar

Shriek

  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: YWS Classics Debate

    12. Yay, I got Nate beat. As far as poetry goes, I think it could stand to have its own list. Plays too, because Tennessee Williams and Paul Zindel deserve ...

    Apr 20, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Difference Between Landmines and Time Bombs

    Haha, Jig -- thanks. I hate you too. ;) And you're right. According to dictionary.com, it's "blasted."

    Apr 13, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Difference Between Landmines and Time Bombs

    Fabien, thanks so much. I'm pleased you enjoyed it. And Sam -- haha, yay. I'll be taking a look at Hourglass sometime soon.

    Apr 8, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Difference Between Landmines and Time Bombs

    Thank you very much, Nyconz. Glad you enjoyed it. Sam, I just editted the first post with the final (hopefully) revision. I will PM you right now. Aw, you are ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Difference Between Landmines and Time Bombs

    Hey, Sam, I love you. But really, thank you for your honest critique. In regards to what you've said regarding the ending, I wasn't quite going for a plastics v. ...

    Apr 1, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Difference Between Landmines and Time Bombs

    Stev, Thank you kindly, not only for the generous critique, but just for bothering to read. I will return the favor. Lyndsey

    Apr 1, 2007
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: John Lennon was Shot for a Reason Converse Postulate

    i don't have words for this. "incredible," i'm afraid, would fall six (million) feet too short. there were a few typos, but on the whole, a remarkable piece. congratulations.

    Mar 10, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Edge of Forever

    It's about time you put this up, Ms. Ari. It still really hits home, to say the least. You need to post more of your stuff. And yeah, what's with ...

    Mar 5, 2007
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Devil's Eyes

    backgroundbob is just so clever. i didn't like that "and said," was its own line -- but what do i know?

    Feb 20, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Lyndsey Loves Daphne Loves Derby

    brad: regarding the first issue, it was not my intent evoke emotion. however, i am smarter than to shirk off your comments, and know that i have to make changes ...

    Jan 17, 2007
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Lyndsey Loves Daphne Loves Derby

    TBR: i love you. cadmium: ah, thank you. that was a nice response. i understand that i need punctuation, but i'm just afraid that too much of it will screw ...

    Jan 17, 2007
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: These (Revamped.)

    Snoink: Thanks for the nitpicks. I just revised those two problem spots as you suggested. And yeah, the beginning still doesn't feel right -- and it's driving me crazy! Gahh. ...

    Dec 31, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Stream of Consciousness

    Wow. This is wonderful. Such profound thoughts. Tell me, did you write this all in one sitting, one stream of consciousness, or did you go back and edit multiple times. ...

    Dec 12, 2006
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: These (Revamped.)

    Question of the Day (maybe Grif can answer this): Why did I get no email saying people had responded to this? Did YWS do away with the response-to-thread emails? I ...

    Dec 11, 2006
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: These (Revamped.)

    Liz (TBRRRR): Oh my goodness, I've missed you! Thank you for the review ,you are always so kind. Snoink: Gah. I have been trying to do that, but every addition ...

    Nov 11, 2006


In a dream you are never eighty.
— Anne Sexton