User avatar

Polkadots

  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Firebrand: Prologue (formerly"The Burning")

    I liked the story. As the person said above you give off a lot of amazing imagery and your protagonist is quite relateable. You had a nice hook and your ...

    Sep 23, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Perseus

    I think this was written very well, and I love the story of Perseus also. The only thing that I didn't quite like was the Point of View. It was ...

    Sep 23, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Chapter 1

    Starting out with conventions, your sentence structure has a slight variation but it leans more on the uniform side. You might want to combine your sentences a bit more to ...

    Sep 22, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Mage's Rest

    I found this piece to be rather dry. It lacks any sort of description and lacks any figurative language or adjectives. I think you tell too much rather than show/guide ...

    Sep 22, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Life (updated)

    I think it's an interesting concept, but it seems a bit like an info-dump to be also. Is this meant to be a prologue or just a chapter or a ...

    Sep 22, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Snow

    I enjoyed your story. Your descriptions are quite vivid - especially in the second world. The descriptions were precise and well-worded and flowed well and gave amazing imagery. I could ...

    Sep 4, 2007


It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien