User avatar

Jetpack

  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Soulless, Prologue

    Back again, for another review. I'm stalking your novel. 8) “I’m sure,” I grumbled at the boy. “Today is your first big assignment.” I don't think you can really "grumble ...

    Jul 16, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Soulless, Chapter 4

    Another great read; this is shaping up so well. I'm also unsure about the start of the chapter, though. It's too repetitive; the problem with the structure you're using is ...

    Jul 16, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: A Piece of Cake (Glowing)

    I'm also slightly lost as to where the conflict is here. It doesn't have to be literal; perhaps elaborate on Sleeping Beauty's death by wax tears. You could make the ...

    Jul 15, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Soulless, Chapter 2

    Hey, TSW. Here's a belated welcome to YWS. I've read the first chapter and now this, and I have to say, you have me hooked. I'll try to cover the ...

    Jul 15, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Bridge Over Paradise

    Hi, ziggiefred. I'm in awe of your prolific reviewing, so when I saw this, I thought I'd comment. As always, nitpicks and grammar concerns are first, followed by some general ...

    Jul 15, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Blackout Forever -- Chp. 1-Part 2

    Welcome to YWS! I read over the first half of this chapter the other day and meant to give you a review, but it seems that you've had a couple ...

    Jul 15, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Ignore this completely. Don't let it exist in your mind. :p

    Hey, Jet here for a review. Nitpicks first, and then some more general comments. I wasn't a complete freak, I laughed and had crushes and acted like a silly teenager ...

    Jul 15, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: For the Love of Fashion Chp 1

    Hey, Leilani! I love your username. Welcome to YWS. I'm here as requested for a review. Nitpicks Haha. I’m Ted Riley. And this is 94.1.” Love. I hate love. Never ...

    Jul 14, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Lightning Platoon 106 ch. 1 pt2

    This is the first time I've done this kind of review in a long while. My corrections and suggestions are in bold . The troopers soon all woke up, and ...

    Jul 14, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Lightning Platoon 106 ch. 1 part 1

    Chapter 1, here we go. Nitpicks The vehicle rattled on the desert floor. The ground was hard and almost nothing grew. I'm not in love with this opening: two very ...

    Jul 14, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Lightning Platoon 106 prologue

    Yuri's given you a great review above, so I think my job has been reduced. Here as requested, though, and I'll give you a general review. Description This mainly concerns ...

    Jul 13, 2010
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Fantasy Love

    If you have a novel to post, there's a whole "Romantic Novels" forum where you can do so. As a heads up, as well, this is pretty long for one ...

    Jul 13, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Wolf Creek: The Quest Chapter One

    You see, don't worry I also just figured this out, when ever you have an ending to a sentence (past the end quotation mark) the words to come are not ...

    Jul 13, 2010
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Dawn Of A Death

    As a quick note, I wouldn't start off by explaining what's going to happen. As it is, I can't judge how effective you were in making your point because I ...

    Jul 13, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Promenade

    I really enjoyed this, actually. It's quite refreshing to read something that isn't about love at first sight, but a relationship that just isn't working out anymore. The setting of ...

    Jul 13, 2010


"Storybooks and roleplays are just for fun!" To which I say: of course! But why only "just"? Sometimes fun is found in the full-send. Sometimes fun is found in taking it seriously, and aiming to do it with excellence!
— soundofmind