User avatar

Heidigirl666

  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Dear Houston

    I liked this, and I couldn't find anything to really criticise either; there's only one thing that spoils it for me, do you have to use the word 'homosexuality'? Can ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: the holocaust *edited.*

    I have to agree, it's a lot of telling rather than showing, and the dialogue was so forced it was actually quite painful to read (especially Daniel's-remember, he's six, and ...

    Apr 18, 2008
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: The Tantalizing Cellphone

    Wow, I really like this; the beginning was really powerful and drew you in, and I liked the idea. Using 'gosh' at the end though...bit of a 'goody-goody' type word. ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Gay Teenage Romance Story

    I agree that the dialogue and grammar need some work. The lack of punctuation in the dialogue is quite distracting. :wink: I also have a suggestion to make; when writing ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Sight.

    This confused me a little; has the main character always been blind, or became blind in childhood? :? Because if she's always been blind it makes little sense (for example ...

    Apr 17, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: New Year's Day

    Wow. I really liked this piece. I thought the tone of the narrative was perfect and it was really emotional. There was a lot of repetition, try not to mention ...

    Apr 16, 2008
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: The night comes back to me

    I'm afraid I'm going to pick holes in it. :wink: As someone already said, a lot of unecessary capital letters (capital letters only need to be on proper nouns and ...

    Apr 14, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Lord of the Flies

    Um...it's supposed to be disturbing!!!!! :roll: What's the fun in reading stuff that's all rainbows and fluffy bunnies? :? :roll: It's not a favourite book of mine. I thought it ...

    Apr 9, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: tempest #1

    There are several points where you write in numbers instead of words; watch out for this. I would also say loose saying what year the car is, and exactly how ...

    Apr 7, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: I Am the Damned

    I can only think to say, it sounds very...long winded. Despite some lovely description, the style of writing comes across as more something you would find in a science journal ...

    Apr 7, 2008
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Raven (much edited)

    I'd say with some work, this could be quite good, however there are a lot of little mistakes that kind of detract from the quality and the formatting is difficult ...

    Mar 26, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: All part of the camouflage

    I liked it this, and yes the characters were realistic. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the dialogue, although the waitress seemed a little unnatural. This bit here... ...

    Mar 26, 2008
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Our Sacrifices, Will They Be In Vain?

    It had to have been ten minutes since either of us spoke. This immediately comes across as a little clumsy and gramtically awkward. It would be better as: 'It had ...

    Mar 26, 2008
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: A Drunk Paul Revere

    I asked, than hiccupped. Then , not than. :wink: That's the only thing I immediately noticed, and yeah, a little bit more description would be nice. Otherwise, I liked it. ...

    Mar 26, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: John's Query

    I liked the beginning of this, it was dramatic and interesting, but there was a bit of repetition, for example the word 'echo' being repeated in the same sentence, and ...

    Mar 25, 2008


Every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world becomes a better, more interesting place.
— Captain Raymond Holt