User avatar

EdelDove

  • Lyrics » Narrative, Dramatic Re: Dirty Town - Song

    Hey 4evergreen, Wow this is really impressive, fantastic job! This is powerful song the lyrics are kinda mellow which I like, it's amazing how you wrote the everything you're very ...

    Apr 5, 2019
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Why can't you?

    Hey Swetachowhury0! Oh how I know the sorrows and pains of a crush to well! I liked this poem because it was so relatable, I really understand the emotions you ...

    Apr 3, 2019
  • Poetry » Romantic, Lyrical Re: Like A Rose

    Hey EagleFly, What a lovely poem, I like that you choose this tone and approach. In a world full of hardship it's refreshing to run across this uplifting piece. I ...

    Apr 3, 2019


Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate