User avatar

BadNarrator

  • Poetry » General, General Re: Idiomatic Ideas

    I see now. Where I'm from bar can refer to either the actual counter where drinks are served or to the establishment itself. I guess when my eyes move to ...

    May 20, 2012
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Texan

    TinyDancer, thanks for the feedback. I'd love to review your work. I'll take a look at it tonight. one thing though, can you mention some specific sections in which the ...

    Nov 7, 2011
  • Short Story » General, General Re: happy hollow

    Thanks for the feedback guys. To megsug: The "Look:" is sort of a stylistic thing. I started using it at the beginnings of my stories a little more than a ...

    Mar 6, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: cellar

    Thanks for the feedback guys. To Snoink: I've never read "Naming of Parts," but I'll take a look at it. It's interesting to read your response to the last stanza. ...

    Mar 6, 2011
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: The Midnight Marauders (finale)

    dreamybanana Thanks for the review. I know the summary dialogue can be a bit troubling sometimes. The problem is that in short stories I have such a limited amount of ...

    Oct 16, 2010
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: As you well know (my first prose poem)

    Thanks for the responses. jashbagabaldo (your username's a mouthful) I see what you mean. It is lacking in imagery. I'll keep that in mind for revision. Thanks.

    Oct 16, 2010
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: Overheard at the Galactic Governments Convention 2043

    This sort of reminds me of Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. A great book. I suggest reading it if you get a chance.

    Oct 13, 2010
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Juvenile

    Hi BadNarrator! Welcome to YWS! Okay, I'm quite certain that the biggest problem in this piece is the punctuation and overall set-up. It is very hard to tell where on ...

    Oct 5, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Twilite Speedba- I mean "Synesthesia" (part 2)

    Hey Narrator "...up on a hill where you could see the river..." Suddenly switching to second person is something that's best avoided. Here you've kind of put your reader in ...

    Oct 3, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Rosewood (working title)

    Writersdomain, thank you for your feedback. It is much appreciated.

    Sep 29, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Rosewood (working title)

    Is the boy Jonah or someone else? THat was sort of confusing, didn't really make much sense. I'd suggestest maybe slowing down, adding more detail and emotion To, be honest, ...

    Sep 27, 2010


Time is money, money is power, power is pizza, and pizza is knowledge!
— April, Parks & Rec