User avatar

30MarsBars

  • Lyrics » General, General Re: Shadows On the Ceiling

    That's beautiful, it really is :) I disagree with Flame11 on the "My heart aches to, but my head says no" part. It makes perfect sense to me. If you ...

    May 6, 2008
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: Sweetest Goodbye

    There are a lot of errors in your grammar but I won't pick them out because, after all, songs are meant to be heard, not read :P It's a good ...

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: Souful Echoes

    Ooh, I likey! There's something quite dark about it; mysterious. It's got a good meter for the most part and I really loved the line "Burying the end once again". ...

    Apr 1, 2008
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: Death do us Part

    I like this lyric, it's deep and has a good meter. One thing I picked up on, though, was the way you say 'Death do/did us apart' - whereas the ...

    Apr 1, 2008
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: Without Him

    This lyric has a really good emotional impact, especially in the chorus. Your hook is well placed, too. I didn't quite get a strong sense of rhythm, but I think ...

    Mar 31, 2008


Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate