z

Young Writers Society



All might not be lost

by zonz


Jessica's whole world is turned upside down when her brother, Kian, returns from his three-year-long visit at aunt Marge's. She believed that he couldn't handle the accident, but was that his only reason for leaving in the first place? Jessica is hurled into a world of unanswered questions and uncertain events as she tries figure out what he's hiding from her. Will she ever get close enough to trust him like she did before? If she does, can she handle the terrible truth he carries with him?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
4131 Reviews


Points: 261340
Reviews: 4131

Donate
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:27 pm
KateHardy wrote a review...



Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night(whichever one it is in your part of the world),

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

Anyway let's get right to it,

Jessica's whole world is turned upside down when her brother, Kian, returns from his three-year-long visit at aunt Marge's. She believed that he couldn't handle the accident, but was that his only reason for leaving in the first place? Jessica is hurled into a world of unanswered questions and uncertain events as she tries figure out what he's hiding from her. Will she ever get close enough to trust him like she did before? If she does, can she handle the terrible truth he carries with him?


So...looks like we have ourselves something of a blurb going on here, or at least that is the general vibe that is coming off of this piece at the moment, it is a little bit tougher to say. It does not feel like a summary though at any rate, so I think I will go ahead and review this one as if it were a blurb.

Soo...now that we've got that out the way, onto what's happening here. This main premise here at first glance seems like it could be a pretty interesting one here. It looks like some that left for sometime due to some kind of major accident is finally returning after some time...and that certainly sounds like something that can lead to a lot of tension and it certainly makes you as a reader ask quite a few question mostly revolving around the nature of an accident that could've been this powerful.

And then we end on some very interesting questions that seem to hint at this person hiding away some kind of terrible secret and the characters revolving around each other with trust being a major issue. All in all, it seems well set to be a very interesting piece here...and I think this is something that I'd potentially read here. :D

Aaaaand that's it for this one.

As always remember to take what you think was helpful and forget the rest.

Stay Safe
Harry





'This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. 'I never could get the hang of Thursdays.'
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy