Novel Idea

by youngwolf1105

Os I have this idea that was born last night. This guy wakes up from a 3 month long coma with no memory or records that he ever existed. Then when a man shows up claiming to be his uncle and supposedly has records of him he's handed over to this strange man. The uncle says that his name is Dyson Dackreton Greback and the uncles name is Vladimir Mar Greyback. He's incredibly rich and powerful, and that's pretty much all Dyson knows about him.

Thenthey moveto Oklahoma on business and there Dyson meets a young, gifted girl named Calla who tells him that he's part Demon. He learns that she is part Healer. Then he meets young Jack Nowland, who is also part Demon. He trys to teach him to control it, yet let it take over to anhilate hsi enemys. But Calla trys to teach him to control and never let it loose.

oh and there'ssome love stuff going on between CAlla and Dyson, but Jackis Calla's boyfriend.

That's about all I have. I just started thinking about it when I was talking to my friend Caleb last night.

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

OKay...so well this is a very casual discussion of plot I see...so well I'm going to avoid think of it in any terms of actual structure and talk about what I think of this plot itself here. The start is...fun, quite a lot of fun actually. Someone waking up from a very long nap and having barely any memories about anything sounds like it could be quite hilarious and also very interesting if you capture that essence quite quickly, and it also depends on what exactly is forgotten, but I'm liking the general sound of things here.

Oooh, love that twist there, demons and fighting things are always going to be pretty fun to read, as long as you give a relatively fresh take on things...and it sounds like we do have something of the sort going on here with the whole healer situation. I also love the idea of a bit of a romantic subplot although this feels like its headed towards more of a love triangle and I am personally not a fan of those.

In summary, this seems like a good idea on paper, it does need to be written a certain way to be entertaining, but that's a common thing for every story, so yeah, definite potential here, sounds like something that I'd read. :D

Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:02 am
RainyDay1119 says...

Great idea, I have to say.

Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster.
— Quentin Crisp