z

Young Writers Society



read me like a book

by written_on_my_heart


Why am I so stupid,
not to even believe?
That all the world around me,
has nothing to concieve.

They don't know who I am,
but can read me like a book.
they don't even bother,
to give me a second look.

That's the problem with our world,
we don't look deep inside.
Maybe that's the reason why,
to no one we can confide.


*what do u thynk?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
160 Reviews


Points: 1840
Reviews: 160

Donate
Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:39 am
Loose says...



I think that "think" is spelt with an "i"




User avatar
602 Reviews


Points: 1609
Reviews: 602

Donate
Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:46 am
Wolf wrote a review...



Echo to Suzanne on everything she said - talk normally, and read more poetry. (And I think its 'Amelia' not 'Amilia' but I don't know.)

Anyways. This is lacking in many things. There is emotion, but it is rather navel-gazing; you focus only on yourself and neglect what the reader is supposed to be feeling. Should I pity you? Cry for you? I don't know. Describe your lover's smile, something about him that you like, something you despise. Hopefully it will start to evoke more response from the reader.

This also lacks imagery. I suppose you know what that is - PM me if you don't - but it will help for you to gain a deeper understanding if you read professional and YWS poetry, okay? So go over to your nearest library, curl up in a chair, and read. It really helps - I know from personal experience, though I'm still an amateur poet.

I hope this helped you somewhat, and PM me if you post a revision!

- Camille




User avatar
2058 Reviews


Points: 32885
Reviews: 2058

Donate
Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:26 am
Emerson wrote a review...



I thynk u shld tak lyke a normyl prsn. Yeah?

This is a writing site, please use real English. I also suggest you crack a collection of poems and read them. Keep in mind that poetry is for the reader, a lot more than the writer.... What do you want your read to feel/think/believe/do when they read this? Try to use metaphors and imagery to paint a picture.

More than anything, read poetry. Some good poets on here are Via, Amilia, Cade, Incandescence, Caligulas_Launderette and Whence.





My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew