Dirty Little Secret

by witchbaby

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for mature content.

There were times when she sometimes liked being his dirty little secret. Times when they share sly glances from across the room. Times when they share quick kisses behind closed doors. Times when he holds her hand underneath tables. Times when he makes her blush from his innuendos. Times when he rubs his foot against hers in reassurance. Times when he whispers sweet nothings to her ear. Times when he lies against the crevice of her neck, his hot breath evening out on the surface of her bare skin. Times when her thighs ached because of him. Times when she felt happy just by looking at him with the parents. Times that make her feel alive and loved and elated.

There were times when she always hated being his dirty little secret. Times when he ignores her. Times when their kisses where cut short. Times when he never holds her hand out for the world to see. Times when she does not even know what he's talking about. Times when she just wants him to talk to her. Times when he would whisper dirty things into her ear. Times when he would get up as soon as they were done. Times when she felt dirty. Times when she wished she was the one being introduced to the parents. Times that make her feel alive and used and tainted.

There were times when she never loved being his dirty little secret. Times when she remembers she cannot love him. Times when she remembers why people cannot ever know about them. Times when she hates that reason. Times when she hates being related to him. Times when she hates being his sister.

artybirdy wrote a review...

This is such a dramatic piece! I *loved* the plot twist. You have created a romantic atmosphere through the speaker’s confessions, showing their (forbidden) relationship to be like any other couple’s. The reason why they couldn’t be together shocked me. I couldn’t have guessed if you hadn’t mentioned it!

However, I believe that the story could have ended at a fine-tuned note if you had revealed the big secret differently, mainly by changing the sentence structure. For instance, you might put the last sentence on its own, as if the speaker’s out of breath and realises that they are in the wrong.
Perhaps, something like this:
"Times when . . . she hates being his sister."

erilea says...

Perfect.

Wed May 20, 2015 5:25 am
LuluGirl24 says...

Very interesting plot twist. Definitely was not expecting that. It has great drama as well!

wickedlygoodwriter wrote a review...

Wow! really good! i really could feel the drama! i loved that constant pattern and the emotion with each one. you left no strings unattached. you wrapped up the story nicely in a neat little package but at the same time you left it open for reader to wonder about the relationship. you story had a nice arc and followed a good pattern. very well done and i cant wait to see more :D

Lightsong wrote a review...

In my opinion, there are pros and cons of involving one self into incest. I dismiss them completely since I dislike incest due to many reasons.

But this story really is dramatic. I can imagine myself in her shoes, the pleasures I'll get, etc. It's not hard to do so it's relatable to me. Your descriptions are good. I think this is the best aspect in the story.

Okay, the repetitive parts. Repetitive can be efficient if not overly used. Sadly, this one is. Take the last paragraph for example.

"There were times when she never loved being his dirty little secret. Times when she remembers she cannot love him. Times when she remembers why people cannot ever know about them. Times when she hates that reason. Times when she hates being related to him. Times when she hates being his sister."

The words "times" is redundancy you can remove. It would be like this:

"There were times when she never loved being his dirty little secret. When she remembers she cannot love him. When she remembers the reason why people cannot ever know about them and when she hates that reason. When she hates being related to him and hates being his sister."

This is merely a suggestion. For me, it would make the reading less tedious. And there's still repetitiveness in the first line of each paragraph which will emphasis the time.

That is all. Keep writing! :)

Natasha wrote a review...

Ah! I was already wondering whose parents you were talking about.
I like the style of your writing, but I think the verbs in the first and second part should be in past tense, it sounds better.
So this is for instance "Times when they shared sly glances from across the room" instead of "Times when they share sly glances from across the room" and so on. I'm afraid you'll have to change a lot of verbs this way.
If you don't like to do this, you can change the very first line to "There are times when" etc.
That way the rest of the verbs can stay this way.

Another thing I was thinking about is this sentence: "Times when he whispers sweet nothings to her ear." First of all, I love your words 'sweet nothings'. But I wonder if you meant "into her ear" instead of "to her ear", because you did say that in the second part.

The last thing I noticed was in the last line of the second part. "Times that make her feel alive and used and tainted." I think you could better use another word than 'alive', since this is rather positive and you already used it in the first part. I was thinking about something like 'numb' or 'paralysed' or something that shows that he takes away her energy. 'Drained', maybe.

Anyway, I hope you find this review useful. I loved your plottwist by the way.

LuluGirl24 says...

In the past I would definitely say who you would find inside. Not so much today. Place is bonkers …. As is everywhere
— Greg Specter