z

Young Writers Society



chickens make mornings better

by creaturefeature



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
224 Reviews


Points: 32152
Reviews: 224

Donate
Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:27 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham wrote a review...



Salutations, curious mind!



Image

Rinisha here, ready to dive into the pages of this intriguing story. ๐Ÿ“š!

Buckle up, 'cause we're diving into my review magic! โœจ

The Good Stuff:

First of all, let's talk about the parts that really rocked!

I never thought I would come across something as good as this about Chickens. (I love baby chickens.) But this is just something else. I fancy how you play with your words and even place your username in the poem itself. Awesome detail!

Actually, it was your title that spoke to me in a way that I knew this was going to be a nice poem. Good job! I like the fact that your ending closes with a little moral.

Areas to Improve:โœ’๏ธ

If you had typed out your poem it would have a better visual appeal rather than a picture. Also, if you placed capital letters and commas it would already have another look. One more suggestion, it would also be nice if you made your poem a little longer the next.

I donโ€™t have any critique anymore, I think that's it.

Nailed It!๐Ÿ’

Your last stanza is the one that did it for me. Especially your last line, it talks about the bigger picture of life. Sometimes people are in the midst of their fast-paced lives that they forget to enjoy the good things in life such as this poem states. I think โ€œsmallestโ€ is the word that gives your stanza all the meaning it has to have.

itโ€™s so beautiful to see
something have the capability
to love the smallest things in life.


Overall Feelings:

I like the theme of the chicken you chose, you definitely have a lot of experience with writing poems from what I read here. So far, you are doing a great job and I would definitely recommend you to continue on this path.

Have a nice day or night further! Keep writing! You are amazing!

Amazingly yours,
Rinisha
โ€“ Be yourself and keep writing! ๐Ÿ“–๐ŸŽ‰




User avatar
33 Reviews


Points: 5175
Reviews: 33

Donate
Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:18 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 wrote a review...



This is literally one of the most beautiful and precious things I've read. If I'm being honest, I clicked on it expecting it to be silly poetry, but it turned out to be very meaningful and deep. So uh, without further ado, I suppose I'll get into the review!

So the first thing I noticed was the 2nd person perspective; it definitely draws the reader in and makes them feel like they are there, watching what you're describing. It was definitely a smart choice I think!

knowing they are being watched and yet
maintaining their composure.


Now this is a funny line, especially since you go on to describe the mother hen as reckless! I love the idea that chickens can maintain their composure, and the idea that they recognize they're being watched and yet continue to do what they want anyway is actually a pretty deep symbol! The wording is also quite nice for those two lines and it really feels like it flows, so good job!

in a clouded morning mind state


I absolutely LOVE this description! It's very unique and definitely gives the reader a picture! I almost wish we had a little bit of an expansion upon that idea in the next line just to gt a little taste of what it could mean!

and how recklessly she loves her children.


I already mentioned this line, but honestly it's so beautifully put together! It feels like it fits just right, and I love it for that! The idea that she loves her children recklessly is just such a strong image and it definitely conjures an idea in the reader's mind.

it's so beautiful to see
something have the capability
to love the smallest things in life.


Whoa! Okay, first off-- beautiful line in general. But secondly, it wraps the poem up so nicely! It's the perfect ending and feels like you've brought the reader full circle. Everything feels complete with it, which I appreciate! There's nothing more sad than reading a poem or story and not feeling like the ending wraps it up because then the reader is stuck half in that world and half in their own. This wraps it up perfectly, letting them slowly ease themselves back into our world again while still feeling connected to that distant farm and bedroom window.

Overall, you did an amazing job with this poem! It was short, sweet, simple, but deep, which I definitely admire! That's not easy to do! As with anyone I write a review for, you're always welcome to hit me up in the comments or messages if you're interested in talking more about the poem, writing in general, or just life! Great job, and I hope you're doing well!

~Winter




Random avatar

Points: 1367
Reviews: 29

Donate
Sun May 23, 2021 3:58 pm
View Likes
Shayna Basu wrote a review...



Hey There !!!
Such an astounding poem to read at any time of the day. Its perfect to cheer up the sulky mood of anyone by feeling and loving the mother hens dedication and hearing the chickens sing during the breathtaking time of day break. Your poem is unique and certainly makes us nostalgically remember the beauty and charm of the country side farm houses ....

It also conveys the significance of little things and the simplest moments of life which is very important in life ....
Looking Forward for more poems




User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 32

Donate
Sun May 23, 2021 1:40 am
View Likes



Wonderful! This definitely describes a mother hen's dedication to her chicks. And now I feel like it's morning instead of late at night!





Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"