Musings from a Music Festival

by waywardxwanderer

it’s a cacophony of humanity

too much of a crowd to care

what people think of them

girls lay down and

gaze at light-polluted skies

asking the few stars they can see

if they have sisters, or they’re all

that’s there

the stars just point to the light echoing from each stage

those are our siblings, they say

the purest expression of humanity there is

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:17 am
cryptologenic wrote a review...

hello,, i'm sorry i don't actually have anything constructive or coherent to say but i do want to put this poem in my mouth,,, i think it would taste good,,,,

that aside, i love how you united the stars and humankind through their shared (ability to give off light?). there is some irony in how they are sisters but compete for visibility at night. the general atmosphere here just feels so nice and hopeful.

the personification is delicious too...
...apologies for this review.

shdfgkjldgsf I greatly appreciate it. If each poem, when printed out, would be a flavour, I would simply develop malnutrition from eating nothing else

Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:53 pm
AriesBookworm wrote a review...

As a sibling, I can confirm that it is truly one of the purest relationship there is. You aren't just a sibling. You're a role model, a second mother, a second father, someone who teases, someone who you can get in a full-on, physical fight with and make up a few hours later. You stay with them all throughout life, no matter how long you go without talking, you always feel that bond. A bond between siblings that never dies.

:,) thanks for this insight mate

Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:22 am
EllieMae wrote a review...

Hi there, Ellie-Mae here for a quick review!

Wishing you a happy day/evening/morning/night/whatever is applicable to your part of the world! First off, please remember that my reviews are my own opinions :) I’ll give honest feedback, but nothing at all is intended to hurt or discourage you in any way at all! <3 So, without waiting any longer, let’s get right into it and digest the spectabulous piece of literary work!

I enjoyed reading this. A lot. I just watched a movie last night and there is a scene where two characters lie underneath the stars. I think this poem perfectly sums up that scene :) this is very well done. I love the way it flows. Great work!!

Ellie <3<3

Thanks so much for the review mate!

Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:15 pm

This had an interesting title:”Musings from a music festival.” The poem itself was interesting,too.Short,but interesting.My favorite parts in the poem would have to be:”The purest of humanity there is.” These lines tell us that there can be human energy from anything,even the stars.We all ponder deep questions at some point in our lives.It’s a good poem.I hope you have a good day/night.

Thanks for the review mate!

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson