z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Just a Fan

by taytay20016


The boys  POV

==============

  “Guys hurry we have to get back to the studio”said zach.”That fan eve we just met she was pretty cool” said jonah. “ I know I think I like her”said jack.The boys were at the studio and recorded their hit something different. “Guys I found eve’s number”said Jack. “No way” they all replied.jonah started talking to Eve started to like jonah so They went on a date started dating.The other boys started to get jealous of jonah.They reached their 5 month anniversary and then eve discovered jonah cheating on her with aspen and she ran out.Corbyn was with christine and heard eve run away.”Eve what’s wrong” asked Corbyn.”It’s Jonah he is cheating on me” replied Eve.”oh eve I’m so sorry”said Corbyn.”Thanks you are a good friend” replied eve.Corbyn ran to jonah and kicked him out of the band.Then Jack,Daniel,and Zach came in and was wondering where jonah was.”Where’s Jonah” they all asked.”He’s gone”Cobyn replied.They all went to walmart to get ice cream for Eve and then they went back home.Watched 2 whole seasons of river dale then Eve went home and went to sleep.The next morning she woke up to her brother Logan paul vlogging.”Oh hey the boys are coming over later”said logan.”Oh cool whats for breakfast”Eve replied.”I don’t know” logan replied looking around towards the kitchen.There was a knock on the door then logan opened it “my boys”He screamed scaring eve.”Oh hey guys”said eve.”eve do you want to come to our house”replied corbyn. “Sure” said eve.They left the house and went to the Why don't we house.They got there and eve ran up to door beating jack in a race.They go inside and eve saw aspen and gave her the evil eye. They went outside and played soccer for and hour. Eve went inside to get some water.Aspen was inside then punched eve In the face. The boys come in to see a bruised up eve.They then kicked aspen out. Aspen was not over it she stalked the boys.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
276 Reviews


Points: 16802
Reviews: 276

Donate
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:36 pm
rosette wrote a review...



Hi taytay20016!
Congratulations on posting your first work, and a huge welcome to YWS! :)

The previous reviewers mentioned all the grammatical errors, but I still wanted to throw in some of my thoughts. This was difficult to read, and I highly suggest you check out the link PrincessInk gave. For right now, though, I'll just remind you to put a space after you finish a sentence, and begin a next one; and also put a space after a quotation mark.
So this...

The next morning she woke up to her brother Logan paul vlogging.”Oh hey the boys are coming over later”said logan.

... should look more like this:
The next morning, she woke up to her brother Logan Paul vlogging. "Oh, hey, the boys are coming over later," said Logan.

Do you see the spaces I put in, to split up these sentences? It makes it much easier to read. Also, you should always capitalize a person's name, as I did with Logan Paul. I noticed you were off and on with that - for example, sometimes you used "Eve" (proper), but other times you left it at "eve" (improper).

I don't recognize any of the people in this story, with the exception of Logan Paul! Haha, I used to watch his vines like crazy. It was kind of interesting for me to read some fanfiction about him, and I think it's great you gave it a shot. But back to my main point. You've classified this as a short story, and it is a very short story, but you haven't given us an introduction to these characters. What their thoughts are, what they look like - goodness, I didn't even know they were singers, and you don't mention it again after they record their single. I don't even know where they are when this begins, or how Jack found Eve's number, or even how the boys met her. I would like some more information on this Eve, and the boys, as well. Then, you suddenly add some more characters: Corbyn, Christine, Aspen... Who are these people??

There is a lot going on in this story, but you've summarized it all up! It's okay to slow down, and explain what's going on, instead of just telling us. For example, how did Eve discover Jonah cheating on her? Did someone tell her? Did she see Jonah with Aspen? How'd she feel? How dramatic was it when Aspen punched Eve in the face? Was there blood, screaming, a fight? What was Eve's reaction?
You're doing a lot of telling, but no showing. I encourage you to check out this awesome article, or even this one on Show vs. Tell.

This story has a lot of potential, but it needs a lot of clean-up right now. Please do give us more specifics, details, and emotions. I'd love to see what this could be.

Hope this helps!
~rosette



Random avatar
taytay20016 says...


Im soon adding more chapeters so it will then make more sinc



User avatar
118 Reviews


Points: 18525
Reviews: 118

Donate
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:36 am
PastelSlushie wrote a review...



Hello, taytay20016, PastelSlushie here for review number 36 for #RevMo ! Let's get right into it! Also, welcome to YWS! It's great to see you've already posted something.

I'm going to change up my reviewing format for this one because I had quite some problems with it.

Firstly, I would like to point out how this is all in one big paragraph. There are multiple people talking here, so a new paragraph would have to begin when someone talks. PrincessInk provided an example, so I won't do one because her example can give you a good feeling on how it should be formatted. I also found it to be difficult to go along with in terms of flow and where my spot was.

Secondly, the only capitalization I can see is when a new sentence starts. Again, there should be more work on this. Every name and beginning of a sentence a character is saying should be capitalized as well as the beginning of the sentence.

The third and last thing I'd like to say is how quickly things happen in this. The events went from some guys getting a fan's number in the beginning to another girl stalking them at the end. I found that really confusing, and my suggestion would be to stretch this what is happening so everything would make more sense on pace and what is happening.

Feel free to send me a message or reply to this if you have any questions or disagree with anything in my review. Best of luck in your future pieces,

Pastel



Random avatar
taytay20016 says...


Im soon adding more chapeters so it will then make more since



User avatar
373 Reviews


Points: 46306
Reviews: 373

Donate
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:22 am
PrincessInk wrote a review...



Hello and welcome to YWS! I'm going to give you a critique on your work today :D

I kinda found it difficult to read because of the formatting. Having one big paragraph to read on screen can be hard to comprehend and easily distracting so I suggest breaking the paragraph up! Regarding dialogue, there are specific rules for how to break them up. For example:

“Guys hurry we have to get back to the studio”said zach.”That fan eve we just met she was pretty cool” said jonah. “ I know I think I like her”said jack.


Each time a new speaker starts talking, start a new paragraph:

“Guys hurry we have to get back to the studio”said zach.

”That fan eve we just met she was pretty cool” said jonah.

“ I know I think I like her”said jack.


Another thing that distracted me: the grammar! I'd suggest working a bit on your grammar, like capitalization and punctuation and etc. Here has a lot of articles talking about grammar, so I think it'll be helpful to check it out!

I think that it's pretty interesting idea to write a story based on some popular singers. I think this needs fleshing out a little, because the events come really fast, but I'm sure that there can be some lovely improvements if you simply slooow down the story and show us the scenes and character interactions.

Hope this helped a little!

This review courtesy of
Image



Random avatar
taytay20016 says...


Im soon adding more chapeters so it will then make more sinc




Obsessing over what you regret won't get you anywhere.
— Steggy