z

Young Writers Society



Getting Life Back- Chapter 2

by spike71294


Getting My Life Back

Chapter 2

Have you ever wondered what happens after death?

Well' I have. But never could I have imagined that I would have such an extraordinary afterlife.

I died in december 25, 2010. It was Christmas and the air carried a happy warmth in it. It was a special day for me. No, not because of christmas, but my very old desire had just came true.

Veronica Vittoria, a girl I had known since childhood had disclosed a secret she had kept secret since a long time. And I did the same too.

We discovered that we liked each other since we can remember!

I had asked her to go out, and of course she agreed.

I had put on the best clothes I had in my wardrobe. It was a black suit which I rarely wore, as it was made only for special occasions.

It was snowing outside. But nonetheless I reached hotel De'voure exactly at 7, the time we both decided we will meet.

hotel De'voure was an ancient hotel, built in the victorian times. It had wooden floors, glass chandeliers round tables covered with table cloths and all the other victorian things which preserved it's old world charm.

I chose a corner seat, near the large window. A glass of water was served to me. The waiter asked if I want anything, I said I would wait.

I waited and waited, but she was nowhere to be seen.

About half an hour passed, still she didnt come.

I was about to leave, when the wooden doors swung open, and through them entered a long slender figure, clothed in a white fur coat, her black wavy hair swayed with every step she took and her fair rosy skin was absolutely gorgeous.

Veronica smiled at him, looking as beautiful as one can be.

"Hi Robert." she said sitting beside him.

"Hi" I replied, blushing.

"Did you wait very long?"

"Not at all."

"You dont have to lie to me, I know you were about to leave."

"Sorry" I said.

"Oh no, you dont have to be sorry, I must be the one to apologize."

"Ohk, apology accepted." I said smiling "What would you like to have?"

"Anything you like dear. Afterall, we didnt come to eat food did we?"

I blushed harder, butterflies now flying in my stomach.

I ordered chocolate cake, Veronica was crazy about chocolate.

A man with red hair was playing the piano.

The music was perfect to set the mood.

The cake was served to us, and it made my mouth to water.

But remembering my manners, I served a big piece to Veronica first. Then I took an even bigger one. Hey, after all I was paying for it.

We both ate slowly, often smiling at each other.

"You know what?" I said finally breaking our sweet silence. " I've been trying to think of a beautiful, precious, priceless thing so that I can compare you with it. But you're so beautiful Veronica, nothing is comparable to you."

And then for the first time she was blushing instead of me.

"Oh you're so sweet Robert." She said holding my hand.

"And you're a goddess Veronica." I replied.

Now her whole face turned red.

We finally managed to finish the cake, staring at each other all this time.

Still holding hands, we decided that we will walk to our homes.

"I never could have imagined that you could be so romantic Robert."

"Well, from now on expect the unexpected."

She smiled at me once again.

"I will"

It had stopped snowing, but the whole city was already painted white.

The streets looked deserted, which was very strange for a christmas night.

Suddenly I heard some footsteps, someone was following us.

I turned to look, but no one was there.

As I turned back I saw a tall, healthy, dark man in front of us. He hrld a gun directly pointed towards us.

"Give all your money." He commanded, in a low deep voice.

I handed my wallet to him.

"And that necklace too." He said to Veronica, pointed towards the silver necklace that rested around her neck.

"No please take anything else. But not this necklace. It was given to me by my grandmother."

"I'll ask you one last time, will you give me that necklace or not?"

"No, I cant please."

" I guess then I'll have to kill you."

With trembling hands he pulled the trigger and a gunshot was heard.

But thankfully Veronica was not harmed. I was.

I had jumped to push Veronica out of the way. The bullet had missed Veronica, but it had hit me instead.

My murderer stared in horror as my trembling body bled to death.

Realising his mistake, he ran for his life.

The sound of the gunshot still echoed in my ears.

Veronica hugged me tight.

"Everything's gonna be alright Robert, just hang in there." She whispered into my ears.

I smiled my last smile and hugged her back.

"I love you Veronica." I said.

And then still in her arms, I closed my eyes and took my last breath.[quote]


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 198 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
456 Reviews


Points: 368
Reviews: 456

Donate
Fri May 22, 2009 10:38 pm
Rascalover wrote a review...



Well' I have.
Im sure it's just a typo but there's an apostroph after well and there shouldn't be one. :)

But never could I have imagined that I would have such an extraordinary afterlife.
It urks me when people start a sentence with and but, or because. I say in this cause if you took it off it would sound funny so maybe re-word this sentence with out the but.

I didn't see many more grammar mistakes.

I really like the story line. Keep up the good work and let me know when you post chapter three please :)

-Tiffany





Prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have been a book.
— Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves