z

Young Writers Society



kindred

by creaturefeature


when i am dead and gone,
my poetry will die with me. i refuse to be
immortalized. i refuse to have children because
i can barely take care of cats, let alone
a living, breathing human.

i am the last living man in my family if you
don't count my father (he disowned me long before
i knew what that word meant.)
the day my brother learned what he was getting
himself into, i never saw him again.
this family ends with me.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
967 Reviews


Points: 297
Reviews: 967

Donate
Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:18 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



Very dark. :0 I like it. It’s final. This family is done. When the narrator of the poem dies, all traces of their family will be gone. Every. Single. One. One wonders what goes on within closed doors, what is behind those cherished smiles and sweet words. Could they all be lies? Mere lies that go on forever and ever? Ah, the cycle ends with this very man. It ends with him.

I wish you a nice day/night.




User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 67
Reviews: 6

Donate
Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:17 pm
View Likes
luxeterna wrote a review...



Greetings! It's meeee, RiceBall popping in here with a short lil' review [:

Oooooh my goodness, sometimes I forget how much I love poems, and yours reminded me, so hehe thank you. I really love how you express this dark and almost foreboding theme in your piece, and it really makes me ache, knowing that your family can be rather weighty. It's terrible being crushed by the stress and burdens that are put on you in this way, and this poem really resonates with me in that way. I usually do glows and grows on my reviews, but in terms of grows I don't really have any, since poetry is very stylistic in terms of accuracy or things that need to be "fixed."

i refuse to be
immortalized.
This line here hits hard with me, and it's difficult knowing that once you're gone, you can't control the legacy you leave behind, and I feel the frustration and determination in this line, which I think is really cool.

Anyways, this was a short little pop in of a review, and with that I shall take my leave!
Hope you have a wonderful day/night C:
~~RB





find your aesthetic and flaunt it
— manilla