My "Ikemen" Butler [Prologue]

by shystormxxx

Translation Notes:

Ikemen- hot guy/ handsome guy

Nani- Why [Could also mean what. Short for “nande.”]

Oi- Hey [Usually used in informal conversations]

Prologue:

Hiromi was still pissed off. Her conversation with her dad the other night still kept ringing in her ears. She just can’t believe how childish his dad thinks of him.

“Soon, I will assign you a butler to watch your every move,” His dad said seriously.

“Heh, I don’t need one. Maybe you have forgotten dad but I have been alone for seven years now while you and mom are out of the country for business trips,” she replied cockily as she continued packing her stuff.

“I do remember. And I also remember how many troubles you got into for all those years,” her dad replied quite angrily now.

“Troubles I always get away with without your help by the way,” Hiromi said still as cocky as ever.

“But not without harm as we could clearly see,” Her father said as he walked closer to where she was.

“Hiromi, you’re the daughter of the #1 most famous restaurant chain businesses in Japan and on the top of the list of the young bachelorettes in the country and yet you keep on involving yourself with trouble. Look at yourself! You barely made it alive,” Her dad said as he looked at her injuries from the fight that she involved herself into a week ago.

Hiromi wasn’t able to say anything. She knows that her dad only wants the best for her but she felt like she did the right thing for fighting.

“Don’t worry, I’ll find a good butler who won’t just serve you but also protect you,” her dad said convincingly.

“I’M NOT GOING TO ACCEPT A BUTLER!” Hiromi sad in a total rage outburst as she stopped herself from reminiscing.

“Welcome back to the real world,” his cousin, Tetsu, said with a smirk on his face as he drove the car.

“Oh shut up!” Hiromi said quite pissed off still as she folds her arms together and looked out the car window.

“You do know uncle won’t change his mind right?” Tetsu said looking at Hiromi through the front mirror.

“I’m fine on my own,” Hiromi said stubbornly.

“He doesn’t think so,” Tetsu said spoiling Hiromi’s fantasy. “But you know what; as usual I’m impressed about you. Thirteen armed and strong guys you beat up all on your own with just a few scratches and a head injury to worry about,” Tetsu said giggling.

“I wouldn’t have gotten that head injury if my father’s bodyguards didn’t show up and distracted me away from the fight,” Hiromi said, annoyed.

“Why did you attack them anyways? I know you well Hiromi. I knew you wouldn’t attack them for a reason. What did they do to you?” Tetsu asked curiously.

Hiromi sighed as if to release stress and said, “Their leader called me worthless. He said that I don’t deserve to be the top of the class and I probably paid for it. He said the only thing special about me was my money. In order to get back at him, I knew I have to pass through his minions first. So that’s what I did,” Hiromi said explaining it as if it was nothing. Tetsu looked at her in total shock and exclaimed, “Uncle’s right. You’re crazy!”

“Whatever!” Hiromi said rolling her eyes at him.

“Uncle was right to leave you to us before we go to London next week. But don’t worry, you’ll love it in the farm. There’s always something to do,” Tetsuya said happily and he focused on his driving again.

Moments passed by, they were still in the middle of the road somewhere in the countryside, and Hiromi had nothing to do but just look out the window when she saw three huge guys beating up one puny guy at the side of the road.

“Eh? Nani? What’s going on? Nani?” Hiromi asked confusingly. “Stop the car Tetsu!” She shouted.

“What? Why? What’s going on?” Tetsu asked confusingly. From the tone of his voice, Hiromi knew he didn’t saw what she saw.

“Just stop it!” She said fiercely and Tetsu did what he was told immediately. She ran back to the scene that she saw and she can see quite clearly that the poor guy was already in such a bad shape.

“Oi, what are you doing? Who gave you permission to do that?” Hiromi asked confusingly, shouting at them. The three guys turned around to look at her and Hiromi immediately knew they were the type who won’t lie off easily.

“Huh?”

“Who is this chick?”

I don’t know I haven’t seen her before.”

They said whispering with each other.

“Must be his girlfriend.”

“Lucky guy then. This girl is hot.”

“If we can kill the guy then maybe we can have his girlfriend too. We can turn her into our sex slave,” the guy with spiked hair said laughing evil-y which made the other two laugh the same way as well.

“I heard that!” Hiromi said angrily. “I’m asking you why you’re hurting him. If you answer me and he really deserves the beating, I’ll walk away. But if I found out he’s innocent, you’re dead!” Hiromi said threatening them.

“Maybe he’s not his girlfriend after all boss,” the guy with blazing red hair whispered to the guy with spiked hair.

“Why do you care anyway missy? This guy is useless to us. He was lodging on our house but he hasn’t paid for three months now. Now isn’t that worthless?” The guy with the spiked hair spoke up angrily.

Hearing those words, Hiromi’s rage sparked. She suddenly remembered what happened last week, when the leader of that school gang called her worthless as well. She looked at the poor guy who was just lying calmly on the ground. She can see in his eyes that he’s the type of guy who already gave up on life. He was staring blankly on the ground as if awaiting his judgment. Hiromi looked at the three guys again, full of rage in her heart.

“What do you know about worthlessness? He might not have any money but I know he’s not worthless. You know why? Cause there’s no such thing as worthless in this world. Even a mere ant is worthy of being something. SO YOU DON’T HAVE THE RIGHT TO CALL HIM WORTHLESS, YOU ASSHOLES!” Hiromi said, having another one of her outburst. You can see fierce in her eyes as she prepares herself to attack, or even defend.

As soon as the guy heard Hiromi’s kind words, he was awakened. He looked up to see his savior, to see the girl that he is now seeing as an angel and as he caught a glimpse of her face, he can’t help but smile and even giggle. Soon, he was already laughing his heart out as he was punching the ground, sounding maniacal.

Hiromi looked at the guy confusingly. Why is this guy laughing? Is he crazy? She thought. The three guys were also looking at him too, and Hiromi can tell with the confused look on their face that they’re having the same thoughts as she.

“Kaoru you’re so stupid. It took a little girl to make you realize your potential,” he said still giggling to himself as he slowly got up the ground. “Thank you!” He said smiling as he looked at Hiromi with the sweetest smile on his face. But that face soon turned serious and he got back on the guys that hurt him earlier.

Hiromi was glued on the spot. She can’t explain it but as the guy smiled at her, it was like her heart suddenly doubled its pace. It was like the time she ran a marathon and her heart was still overly active after the race. And she can feel her face, especially her cheeks, heating up. As if it was burning for some reason.

She watched as the guy continued to fight for himself, as he fought for his honor and to prove that he’s not worthless after all. She can definitely see herself in that guy. He was a fighter too. For a puny guy, he sure is strong. Hiromi taught as she watched in the sideline.

A moment later, and the fight was over. He was tired, he was injured, but he was still standing. And he beat up the three guys with a satisfied smile on his face. Hiromi can’t help but smile as well when she saw that smile of his. She can tell that his hopes were back up. The guy walked up to her limping. He had a smile on his face that is brighter than the sun’s at the peak of summer and Hiromi gladly returned that smile with a proud smile of her own. She waited for him to come to her slowly. He was almost near her when his mind went blank and the next thing he knew, he was already falling to the ground. Hiromi gasped in shock and she desperately ran up to her immediately catching him before he totally falls to the ground. She sighed in relief as she caught him on her arms just in time.

“Are you okay?” Hiromi asked curiously as he rolled his body to face her, but she can see that he already fainted totally. But he still has that smile on her face, a smile that just brightened Hiromi’s day.

Hiromi’s heart begun to beat un-normally again. She wiped that guy’s sweat and blood with her hand as if to see better what he looks like. “You’re a handsome fellow aren’t you? No wonder you can make my heart beat like this,” she said as if giving up on herself. “Hiromi you’re so stupid. You’ve fallen for this guy and you don’t even know his name.” She said to herself, sighing in disbelief.

Sometimes wisdom came from strange places, even from giant teenaged goldfish.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena