Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Review

D N Angel

by shiney1

My reviews will not tell you most of the story details or the ending, so if you want to read the book for yourself you can enjoy it.

A shojo manga I am currently reading, and it's got me hooked...

Book Type: Manga, Shojo, T for Teen

Art Meter At first 4/10, later 10/10

Series Length: 16 Volumes

Addiction Meter 10/10, but you must get through the first few volumes, it gets way better.

Read Satisfaction: 10/10

Completed: No

This is a manga that has captured my attention for over a year, made by Yukiru Sugisaki. Well, the plot is that our main character, Daisuke Niwa, is in love with Risa Harada, the twin sister of Riku Harada. He confesses his love, but gets rejected, and it hits hard. That same day, the phantom thief Dark Mousy awakens inside of him, and Daisuke learns from his mom and Grandpa that the thief has been int the family for generations.

Now Daisuke must steal artwork until his love is returned, be it by Risa or another girl.Whenever he sees Risa, though, he will transform into Dark, which causes a lot of problems at school and makes it hard to keep Dark a secret. Dark himself is sometimes a challenge to get along with, as he and Daisuke are complete opposites. Soon Daisuke's and Dark's feelings change towards the Harada sisters, and this creates a mountain of problems.

This series has a mountain of laughs and suspense, and has a unique plot with lovable characters. It's had me hooked for years, and I am still hooked. The only downside is that the author is very inconsistent, and one time did not submit a volume for years, and starts unfinished projects.

But all in all, this is a great shojo manga and I would recommend it.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ shiney1 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:22 am
XxlBlackRoselxX wrote a review...

Even though I didn't read all of the chapters, it's still pretty good. I read half of it and it's really good. The only problem about it, is that I started to lose interest towards the middle. Other than that, it's really good. :D

You can't fool me! I listen to public radio!
— Squidward Tentacles