Let there be no miracle!!

by shilpababuraj

Gust of emotions whirl beneath my eyelids,

But I bury them all to treasure your capricious memoirs.

Myriads are the qualms, the lips sigh to put through,

But I kiss them all silent by wearing a feign delight.

Cursing the shameless heart, so zealously

wedded to your sight.

To name it adamance or allegiance, I don’t know

Unfathomable is the reason for this languishes.

Reasoning in mind, the seasons of your sourness,

Vehemently accusing the foul being played in anguish.

Tried deciphering the mystery of this adherence

Only to find myself cut into two!

Insouciant wind cradled with warmth,

All those times, I was left aghast.

Cold nights seldom offered their empathy,

For all those sleepless nights drenched in bleak.

Hanging on a tenuous hope, I shudder at the sight below,

Comes an outcry from the far off land, which wakes me

from the spellbind.

Let there be no miracle, was the only prayer

For, I want to bathe in despair and

relish it for some more.

Even though I know that I am not home

Solace to the spirit is that, lastly I have known

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:54 pm
AlfredSymon wrote a review...

Shilpa! Hey, Alf here for a review. Since you're my buena mano for today, I'll stick the Quick Critique on the piece, Let There Be No Miracle!

STYLE: :D :D :D :D :)
I usually take in CONCEPT & THEME first, but I think STYLE needs to be here frist. Know why? Because I believe the the way you disarranged your words and phrases scattered all throughout the verses is simply remarkable. This only shows that classic verses penning still rocks! I can give a perfect score here, but the alternating style between modern lyrical to narrative interchanges a lot. You need to stick up to one style, see? To build up more scent on your piece.

CONCEPT & THEME : :D :D :D :) :)
Well, this poem brought me to many loci. First I was between a romantic tragedy, but I was taken to a place of horror, phantoms and things aghast! But there was mainly the shudder of fear, the treatise of longing. I gladly appreciate that. You tried to disguise common ideas by each other, which was very creative. The downside, though, is that you forgot building a more concrete idea that might cover up the whole poem itself.

COHERENCE: :D :D :D :)
Okay, so most of your stanzas work for the overall greatness of the poem, but some of them doesn't work with each other. Let's see them.

Insouciant wind cradled with warmth,

All those times, I was left aghast.

from the spellbind.

All of the verses here made the stanza dangle. You're first telling of the warm wind, then move on to an inkling of memory? I don't think so. See, it's a bit cluttered, the stanza didn't create a single foundation. There are some more things to comment, but I think they might be better off with the GRAMMAR & TECHNICALITIES section. Which's next.

GRAMMAR & TECHNICALITIES: :D :D :D :) :)
Continuing off, now as part of GRAMMAR & TECHNICALITIES, the third last verses of the stanza I've mentioned above is really not great. For me, the flow stopped there, as you shuddered, but a cry blasted in making me feel a lot bothered, not shocked. The stanzas good, but there are just parts which are misleading. Try to rework on that :)

Another one on using 'memoirs' on the first stanza. I think it's very solid, and I believe it's best to have something that will show fading instead of reality. Next, on this one.

For, I want to bathe in despair and

relish it for some more.

You might call me a grammar Nazi..well, I am ONE, but not on my own's, but on others. Please forgive me so! The 'let there be no miracle' will not work on that line unless you lift it as a title since the usage of the verb 'was' pushes it to become one big phrase, not a cry or something else. Also, there is no need for a comma by for and I.

WORDPLAY: :D :D :D :D
Seems to be another crowning glory :) I think the use of many words here is very effective (mostly). You see, many people use uncommon words on their works, but not succeed in any way. Many of the words and phrases were chosen well. Let me list them for ya.
capricious
wedded (lovely usage!)
adamance or allegiance
Unfathomable
Vehemently

There are few words though that didn't work as much of those mentioned like Insouciant (since there are no reasons for its use) and spellbind (for cutting the stanza weakly). Remember to rework!

OVERALL: :D :D :D :D
One of the best, it seems, but there are still spaces for improvement, nonetheless. It's written beautifully, my dear, and I hope to see more of your works!

Good luck writing!

Your Quick Critique,
Alf :)

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:44 am
Paracosm wrote a review...

Hey there! I'm going to give you a quick review. Be forewarned, I suck at reviewing poetry, but I'll do my best.

You have a very vivid vocabulary, unfortunately at times it made the poem hard to follow. Overall, that hurts the poem because readers won't take time to decipher it. Sometimes you use adjectives as nouns, which I understand is probably a stylistic choice, For instance, at one point you say 'drenched in bleak'.

I liked your poem, and I liked your style, but it was hard to follow. Usually when I talk about word choice, I tell people to be more descriptive, more vivid, but in your case I'd have to say it's a little much. I might just be a dolt... but I don't know what a lot of these words mean, and most readers are even more lazy than me, so they won't look it up.

Your poem is bundled with emotion, and I love that. It's got great rhythm and it's well structured. You have a very interesting theme, but at times it was hard to understand. All in all, your poem was great, so keep up the good work.

Hey shino,,thanks for the review. I ll try my best to make my work more cognizable... It was very kind and considerate of you. :-)

"My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."
— A.A. Milne