Donald Trump: The Dumbest Man in America

by sbose

Donald Trump shouldn’t be President of the United States. First, he has no experience in politics. Secondly, he lies way too much. Also, he changes his views too much. If you are a voter, I hope after you read this you’ll know to not vote for Donald Trump.

As most people know, Donald Trump has no political experience.None.Zilch.Zero.That brings up the question, why should he be the 45th President of the United States? Simple Answer. He shouldn’t be the next president. Also, there has never been a president who has had no political experience whatsoever. He has as much knowledge about national and international issues as an immature,annoying 8-year-old, which by the way, sounds like Mr.Trump himself. You can’t be a president without knowing anything about politics. This is the beginning of many, many problems for Donald Trump.

Not many people know this. Donald Trump lies a lot. It’s ridiculous. As a matter of fact, he said in a court hearing that his net worth can change based on his mood and feelings.So when he’s mad, he’s worth a billion. But when he wins a round of golf, he’s worth ten billion bucks.Right. He also plans to ban Muslims from entering the country. Um, don’t you realize that’s against the Constitution. Duh. So for a perfectly good Muslim person to enter the country he/she is going to have to dress up like an American. One question. What happens if Americans were terrorists? Would you start banning Americans? The saying “think before you speak” really applies to this situation. Another thing Donald Trump does, is sue people. He threatens to sue people a lot. The key word there is threatens. He just threatens to sue. Donald Trump says he’s a tough guy. So I guess when he said “tough guys are all talk,” I guess he forgot about himself.Trump actually said that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton founded ISIS. I guess he’s so desperate for attention that he’s now saying even crazier lies. Again, think before you speak.

Donald Trump changes his views on things a lot. And that’s a big problem. You might not like Hillary Clinton, but at least you know where she stands on political issues. You might not like Donald Trump, but at least you don’t know where he stands on political issues. Donald Trump stated that he wanted to renegotiate the Iran nuclear deal and then stated that we probably shouldn’t renegotiate the deal. He was in favor of deporting all illegal immigrants, and then he wanted to deport all the bad immigrants. He changed his mind about this multiple times. Why even speak at all? His inconsistency on issues is his biggest problem. Because his views matter when he’s in the White House making world-changing decisions. This man is a big threat to not just American life, but everyone around the world.

I hope after reading this you know to not vote for Donald Trump. To just restate just a few of his problems, he has no experience in politics, lies more than an actual politician, and constantly changes his views. He is one of the biggest threats we have ever faced and the only way to stop him is by not voting for him and voting for Hillary Clinton. Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a good day.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:27 am
Oniichansbunny wrote a review...

Here to drop a review!

Start with your title, it is really catchy! "Donald Trump: The Dumbest Man In America" really shows that you are against him (I am too). It gives a lot of hints on what the article is about.

I think you have done a nice work here, but it might be a little too quick in the beginning. I kinda expected something more than "Donald Trump shouldn't be the President of United State". I mean it was a good starter but after that you went straight to your reasons, in my opinion, I think the pace is too quick there. There should be a line or two which describe more on your topic.

And as I read through, I feel like you should add more evidence on where you got information, for examples, "Donald Trump lies a lot" needs more proof to make your article seem accurate and you really need to tell from where you got all details for backing up your article. And also I think you should choose your words carefully since they have a very strong impact on the article. It can either save you or mess up things. It is a big topic, your language should be considered more too.

And the last thing I like to tell is, you should add some more information about Hillary Clinton. You want to persuade people not to vote for him and in the same time you should add reasons why they should vote for Hillary, how she is better than him etc. Anyway I like your article. Good luck!

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:41 pm
Ziqdirection97 wrote a review...

Hahaha!
I just laughed reading this just because it is about Donald Trump. This is a very sensitive issue to be written by anyone but you just make it stick on this one. Love the way you persuade in this essay and it really makes us to rethink on our decisions on voting for the next American president even though I am Malaysian which I couldn't vote but at least I care for you Americans.
This Donald Trump is a crazy man and even though not all of him is bad but, it just overweighs him in political terms. After reading this, I get to know more about this Trump guy and I have to say, don't vote for him to become President dear fellow Americans. All in all, it is a great persuasive essay although it can be too much for some but, a great essay to fulfil the viral issue of today.
Looking forward for the US presidential election soon and I hope you Americans make the right choice. Cheers!

-Azziq-
From Malaysia! ;)

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:33 am
ChieTheWriter wrote a review...

You did a very nice persuasive essay here. Even though I don't necessarily agree with everything you said, the essay was very good. Trump is a narcissistic blowhard, but Hillary is kind of lying greedy snitch.

Either way this was well written, and you really demonstrated "the power of the pen" here. Good job, and keep writing.

Codayy wrote a review...

I was so close to just bashing this until the satire LOL.

I'm honestly not sure how much I should seriously criticize this piece since it is a parody, but I will treat more as a legitimate essay because the structure makes this a less creditable essay even if it is a parody.

It feels like this piece could have been separated better.

Not many people know this. Donald Trump lies a lot. It’s ridiculous. As a matter of fact, he said in a court hearing that his net worth can change based on his mood and feelings.So when he’s mad, he’s worth a billion. But when he wins a round of golf, he’s worth ten billion bucks.Right. He also plans to ban Muslims from entering the country.

This piece really puts the two (and only two) criticisms in one place here. Putting a space after a sentence consistently is really important. The other thing with your spacing is that you don't have a main idea in this paragraph because you two different things that could be split into two. Maybe these informalities are used for the sake to strengthen the idea for a satire, but I would not have done it.

You do have an opening statement and a conclusion which is always nice. I also do like how bold your statements with the ratio of evidence used in the article. Helps the strength of the parody in this one. While I would say the supporting evidence is hardly there, but with it being a satire, you perfectly hit the right amount/

So sorry if I used "since it's a satire" a lot, but I'm just trying to find that right balance between criticism that actually helps and stuff added in to help strengthen the genre article. Hopefully this helps, but feel free to tell me if it doesn't it'll help me out reviewing this genre in the future.

Have a nice dayy.

sbose says...

Thanks for replying!

Virgil wrote a review...

This is Kaos here for a review!

This seems like a wordy start to the essay. In the start of the essay you should be addressing the big topic or going over what will be in the rest of it, it's the basic details instead of you going straight into the information that the essay has.

Another problem with the essay is that you didn't cite where you found your information. You don't give much to prove this, no articles or graphs or pictures, and you're just telling the reader to believe what you're saying.

There are some grammar errors, like not putting a space after a comma or period. I suggest you proofread for some of these small things, but to the reader it degrades your credibility. Why should we listen to a person who doesn't check themselves for grammar errors?

Onto the actual second paragraph. You give no facts to what you say. You say that Donald Trump is an immature, annoying, 8-year old, but you don't give any sort of even debatable proof to back this up. If we look at the essay from a persuasion standpoint, you only seem to have pathos (emotion), but not ethos or logos (the delivery and the data). All of this just seems to be your opinion with nothing used to back it up. A strong suggestion is to cite sources and use sources when writing essays. Preferably also some sort of credible source as well, which wouldn't be something like a Social Media website or Buzzfeed.

There seems to be no structure to the essay. You have a topic sentence, but the paragraphs following it don't seem to have any sort of direction or topic. You need to pick more specific information and save away the general things that you say. Focus on specific things that the person has said, or things about the person. Also, account their actions. You don't speak of much of anything in the essay except for broad topics.

Not many people know this. Donald Trump lies a lot. It’s ridiculous. As a matter of fact, he said in a court hearing that his net worth can change based on his mood and feelings.So when he’s mad, he’s worth a billion. But when he wins a round of golf, he’s worth ten billion bucks.Right. He also plans to ban Muslims from entering the country. Um, don’t you realize that’s against the Constitution. Duh. So for a perfectly good Muslim person to enter the country he/she is going to have to dress up like an American.

Another problem that I have with this essay is that you sound unprofessional while talking. During a regular essay, I wouldn't really expect to hear "Um" or "Duh" and it affects how the reader's view on you. Again, you never source or cite anything. The topic of this paragraph varies and is a mess. Pick a topic and stick with it instead of sifting through general things. Usually, each time you would change the subject of the paragraph you would start a new one, but that's not how this essay works.

The attitude that you're giving off to the reader with all these remarks that you're making also degrade your credibility as it shows that you're opinion based with the essay without any facts or actual knowledge.

He just threatens to sue. Donald Trump says he’s a tough guy. So I guess when he said “tough guys are all talk,” I guess he forgot about himself.Trump actually said that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton founded ISIS. I guess he’s so desperate for attention that he’s now saying even crazier lies. Again, think before you speak.

The analysis that he makes up crazy lies is something rather obvious, and I don't feel like you added much to this part of the essay.

My absolute main problem that I haven't pointed out yet is that everything you say is recycled. It's been used before. Your essay added nothing to the actual analysis of his political standpoints or his person, as it was just recycled words all mashed together to say "Trump is bad." There was no doing of justice in this, as you're just adding more attention to his person.

Another thing that you said at all the way of the beginning of the essay is that he has no political experience. This was already known as most people know him as not having any political experience anytime long before this election.

My last point to this paragraph is that he is not as much of a threat as everyone makes him out to be. The president is only a mascot, and the Congress wouldn't really let Donald Trump do anything drastic. The Congress is what actually has power, more than the president has, so he isn't really as big of a threat as everyone makes him out to be.

My final point or few points. He is the butt of every joke, so the satire has nothing new to add. You use jokes that have been used before and it hurt for me to read this because it was such a faded shirt washed out of its color. This satire of an essay murders the horse that's already been murdered so many times before. I do like the part where you add in "voting for Hillary Clinton" as that part was a bit clever because I couldn't quite know if you were serious or not. I like that it addresses how people don't think about third-party candidates. And if that wasn't intentional, then you just goofed on yourself.

The satire just feels so overused and most of it just wasn't clever. Anyone can say that Donald Trump is bad, but it takes effort and cleverness for someone to put their own spin on it and to make it funny.

The conclusion feels weak in that it says "thank you for taking the time" and all that. That's not usually how an essay would end. In a conclusion, you should be wrapping up the topic and making it feel like the essay is over and everyone can leave now, it's kind of like a review of the main points of the essay.

That's all I had to say about this, have a great day.

sbose says...

Thanks for replying! I will definitely look at changing parts of the essay

Ashketchem says...

I am not supporting donald trump

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus