Sea Foam Green.

by saves

I wanted to scream, mainly because he was hurting me. All the lies I forced myself believe suddenly become so real. They pushed into my chest, I could feel my very own ribs collapsing. And he just smiled.

So I smiled back. It wasn’t forced, I was happy he had for once noticed the tears in my eyes.

And that’s how it always was.

Tears welling in my eyes until he smiled.

He smiled every time.

It was right now, with him sitting smugly on his bike leaning his freckled arms on the handlebars, that I wanted to know exactly what love was.

His hair was blonde, with copper streaks riddled through it. He flicked it over his forehead, exactly how I loved it.

Though I never told him.

His eyes were the most beautiful part of him. Sea foam green, always rushing like the waves, the sunlight made them sparkle.

His nose tipped with sunburn, peeling slightly.

He loved animals. His hands had held water pythons and turtles, ladybugs and dragonflies had crawled on his hands.

But the only thing that he need to hold was me.

And I pictured it in my head, his hand tight around mine.

He was whispering.

I don’t want to be alone.

And I smiled.

I’ll never let you go.

I shook my head. Snap out of it Shay. He smiled once again.

Bye.

Goodbye Darcy.

And there he went, the only thing I needed, all that I wanted, left me with the soft smell of chlorine floating in the air.

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

First Impression: So this one...it was pretty confusing to me actually. I didn't really get what was going on and it seemed like some nice description and subtle hints just mixed in with a bit of a confusing ending and unclear bits and pieces especially with those names that appeared out of nowhere.

Oooooh this is certainly a very interesting place to start things off. It certainly grabs the reader's attention immediately. That's nice to see.

And that’s how it always was.

He smiled every time.

That is such a brutal little detail that you've added in there. It's so simple yet it does a wonderful job to showcase just how the relationship between these two must be.

That's a great description that you've got there for this character.

I think that should be needed there. And that is a pretty interesting character trait to add in there.

I don’t want to be alone.

And I smiled.

I’ll never let you go.

Bye.

Goodbye Darcy.

Well that was a slightly confusing ending there. I'm not really sure what is happening at the moment. It might be because of the sudden use of names but somehow I can't really place what that part is supposed to be. However you do a pretty good job with showing something that from what I can decipher was maybe some kind of rejection or a lover that has to leave for some reason. I am not too sure but that's what I got anyway.

Overall: Overall I think I got sort of what it means on like the third read through but it still isn't too clear. Nonetheless the language was still pretty good so there's that. And that's about all I have to say. A bit of a short review for this pretty short piece.

saves says...

Thank you :D

ashleylee wrote a review...

Okay, nit-picks first 'kay :)

This should be put into two sentences like He loves animals. His hands had held pythons and turles. Ladybugs and drangonflies had crawled on his hands.

This should read: But the only thing that he still needed to do was to hold me.

Snap out of it Shay should be in italics since this is a thought.

Other than those things (which are all minor), you have a good start here. I really do think you need to put more action into this though. It kind of sounds like a beginning but you have no continuation. It just kind of ends and you don't really understand what is happening. You definitely need to add some more description. You did a nice job describing the boy but add what the sky looked like or what kind of day it was. Simple things like that really pull a story together and draw the reader into it.

Hope this helps :)

People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.
— John Patrick, The Curious Savage